• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Mar

Amir0x said:
Hello, it's a Nintendo game. Said act would probably be highlighted by floating hearts and a short harpsichord jingle. The important part is passing the genes, and creating new dogs that share traits so that you can advance a bloodline in entirely unique ways. Combinations are endless.

I suppose. G/S had suggested Pokésex.

But Nintendogs is too realistic. It would just be really, really weird.

Bebpo

Banned
AniHawk said:
"If FFXII doesn't outsell the best selling DS game of all time in Japan (it's Animal Crossing at a little under 2 million right?) in its first month I will leave GAF for a month and hang my head in shame that Japanese gamers just plain out suck. But I think I will win this bet :p"

Someone wanted this posted. But who said it? AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

DUN DUN DUN

That's me and I still stand by it :D

Amir0x

Banned
Bebpo, duckroll... they all sound the same!

And Bebpo is taking one for the team for great honor. FFXII not selling better than every game previous is a crime against gaming.

soundwave05 said:
The more things change in Japan, the more they stay the same.

It's complete Nintendo-Square-Enix domination.

Now that Nintendo and Square-Enix are working together again ... I'm sure at some point the topic of a Nintendo-Square-Enix RPG ala Kingdom Hearts will come up ... the sales roof on such a game ... I can't even imagine it.

Such a title might even outsell a standard FF or DQ game worldwide.

Nintendo worlds/characters + Dragon Quest/FF characters/worlds = awesome in game form.

Bebpo

Banned
Errr, did neither of you two read "In its first month"?

I have faith FFXII will have legs and hit 2.5 million+ by the end of it's first month beating Animal Crossing.

gconsole

Bebpo said:
That's me and I still stand by it :D

400K to go for FFXII to catch up with recent Animal Crossing sales (which could take 1-2 weeks I guess) . That is when the real wars start and we could see how many units the game is out for that week with the probablity of what's going to happen :D

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:

Dude, FFX made it to 2.1M in 4 weeks, and that's with Famitsu's lower count. Animal Crossing is two or three weeks away from FFX's LTD after more than just a month. It doesn't help that FFXII is tracking lower for Dengeki than FFX was, either. I see you have faith in FFXII reaching 2.5 Million, so that's cool.

So yeah, you're really fighting an uphill battle here but good luck. :p

Animal Crossing will probably still be selling well into summer though.

As shocking as it seems, looks like Final Fantasy might be knocked down a rung to the no.4 series in Japan when all's said and done by Animal Crossing.

Actually though, I consider Brain Training now to be a bigger series in Japan than even Animal Crossing.

Brain Training 1 + Gentle Brain Training have combined sales of over 3 million or thereabouts and climbing, even excluding BT2 which is going to sell an additional 2 million or so.

That's freaking insane. 5 million+ in sales for one series in under a year basically.

cvxfreak

soundwave05 said:
Animal Crossing will probably still be selling well into summer though.

As shocking as it seems, looks like Final Fantasy might be knocked down a rung to the no.4 series in Japan when all's said and done.

That would be an event. Only DQ and Pokemon displaced FF both last gen and this gen. And from the looks of things, it looks like FireRed/LeafGreen is on its way out as the third best selling game(s) of this gen there (RuSa -> DQ8 -> FRLG).

Amazing.

What are the Japanese numbers for Dragon Quest VIII?

I'm wondering if BT/Gentle Brain Training + Brain Training 2 might outsell FFXII + DQ8 combined.

That would be truly unbelievable.

These new Nintendo franchises have really joined the exclusive ranks of the upper Japanese echelon, usually only held by the usual FF/DQ/Pokemon trio.

Nintendo-Square-Enix RPG with Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Animal Crossing/Brain Training Professor/Donkey Kong/Star Fox and Famicom/Super Famicom era Square-Enix characters = Armageddon if it happens.

cvxfreak

soundwave05 said:
What are the Japanese numbers for Dragon Quest VIII?

I'm wondering if BT/Gentle Brain Training + Brain Training 2 might outsell FFXII + DQ8 combined.

That would be truly unbelievable.

These new Nintendo franchises have really joined the exclusive ranks of the upper Japanese echelon, usually only held by the usual FF/DQ/Pokemon trio.

Pokemon Ruby + Sapphire: 5,302,676
Dragon Quest VIII: 3,538,860
Pokemon Fire Red + Leaf Green: 2,608,882
Final Fantasy X: 2,470,000
Animal Crossing DS: 2,107,185
Final Fantasy X-2: 2,004,000
Pokemon Emerald: 1,708,037

DarkMehm

cvx I have this for FFX and FFX-2 according to Famitsu:

FFX: 2,784,450 (all versions included)
FFX-2: 2,221,304 (all versions included)

cvxfreak

DarkMehm said:
cvx I have this for FFX and FFX-2 according to Famitsu:

FFX: 2,784,450 (all versions included)
FFX-2: 2,221,304 (all versions included)

Yeah, the International releases raise the bar a bit. But that's a little unfair for both AC and FFXII, don't you think?

cvxfreak said:
Pokemon Ruby + Sapphire: 5,302,676
Dragon Quest VIII: 3,538,860
Pokemon Fire Red + Leaf Green: 2,608,882
Final Fantasy X: 2,470,000
Animal Crossing DS: 2,107,185
Final Fantasy X-2: 2,004,000
Pokemon Emerald: 1,708,037

Holy mother of god, Pokemon is a monster.

Hmmm ... so the various versions of Brain Training would have to sell about 6 million probably to match DQ8 + FFXII.

It's possible, but it'll probably fall a little short. Still unbelievable. This is a game no one was talking about a year ago.

Animal Crossing will definitely topple that FFX number. It's at over 2.1 mill and still doing 70k a week and always getting in the top 5.

AniHawk said:
"If FFXII doesn't outsell the best selling DS game of all time in Japan (it's Animal Crossing at a little under 2 million right?) in its first month I will leave GAF for a month and hang my head in shame that Japanese gamers just plain out suck. But I think I will win this bet :p"

Someone wanted this posted. But who said it? AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

DUN DUN DUN
Well if we're talking of all time we're kinda gonna need a time machine to see where Animal Crossing ends up with continued sales of dozens of thousands every week past this month, and how much DiPear eventually outdoes it by.

Meier

Bebpo said:

I have faith FFXII will have legs and hit 2.5 million+ by the end of it's first month beating Animal Crossing.

The odds are definitely not in your favor. :( FFXII will likely be around 2.2 million at the most by it's 4th week.. even if you tried to cheat the system a bit and go 5 weeks, it wouldn't make a difference since it's more or less assured that AC would be outpacing it at that point. Animal Crossing will be around 2.45 million or so when FFXII is closing in on 2.25. Enjoy 2ch or whatever. :\

Deku

Banned
So it has come to this. AC vs. FFXII.

They're both very different games. The fact that AC can sell so many units and keep selling is the real story here, not whether or not it can meet the sales bar set by some random fanboy.

Amir0x

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
If true gamers ruled the world, ACWW would be on top

That is the most factually incorrect opinion ever spoken.

And that's especially crazy considering opinions can't be factually incorrect!

Deku

Banned
I still don't get it. They're not the same type of games. And I have both. But yeah, AC would probably be on top when the dust settles.

cvxfreak

Deku said:
I still don't get it. They're not the same type of games. And I have both. But yeah, AC would probably be on top when the dust settles.

Me neither, actually. But I'm just the third party seeing the bet through. :p

Amir0x said:
That is the most factually incorrect opinion ever spoken.

And that's especially crazy considering opinions can't be factually incorrect!

You can spout your lunacy all day while me and my fellow true gamers play true games, like ACWW, Nintendogs, EVO: The Search for Eden and Brain Training.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
A Link to the Past said:
You can spout your lunacy all day while me and my fellow true gamers play true games, like ACWW, Nintendogs, EVO: The Search for Eden and Brain Training.
too bad none of those are "true games" :p well except EVO: too long to type but that game sucks anyway.

antipode

Deku said:

You're playing FFXII Deku? You just posted a picture of a cracked disc in the official thread and then left.

Error

A Link to the Past said:
What the Hell do you consider a true game? Final Fantasy? Kirby Super Star? Mega Man X7? Bullshit.
How the fuck do you call Nintendogs and Brain Training true games? I love Nintendo and all but seriously take out those fanboy googles man.

Error2k4 said:
How the fuck do you call Nintendogs and Brain Training true games? I love Nintendo and all but seriously take out those fanboy googles man.

Oh shut the Hell up, you PSTool. I can't believe you even think that Nintendogs isn't a true game, but Powered Up is.

Whom ever came up with the whole "nongame" slogan needs to be slapped. It's interactive software, just like all the others.

If you don't like it, fine, but I wish people would stop spouting that shit here. It brings us down to an "O P A" level.

Error

A Link to the Past said:
Oh shut the Hell up, you PSTool. I can't believe you even think that Nintendogs isn't a true game, but Powered Up is.
yeah a PStool that must be why I'm playing MPH online right now :rolleyes:

lancubap

Good for Nintendo, as always. I think that Animal Crossing can break the 3 millions mark this year.
Well, a couple of questions:

Since when Nintendo DS's Games in the Top 10 are > then all other platform's games ?

Do we know how many Nintendo DS Original has been sold this week ?

Amir0x

Banned
A Link to the Past said:

hey man, whatever you say! I won't judge you!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Error2k4 said:

I don't see how they're not games really. Especially Brain Training, it's a quiz game. You get a score that it tracks and you keep trying to beat that. Hell, that's most games before the Nintendo.

And nintendogs is similar to Monster Rancher, just cuddlier, and instead of fighting other dogs, you have the different forms of competitions. Instead of breeding new monsters, you buy new dogs from the store, that you unlock by being a good trainer and winning competitions, and earning money. Seems very gamelike to me.

Error2k4 said:
:lol :lol well how the Nintendogs 2 copy?

It's the same as the original - but I'd bet you'd know that, if you hadn't wasted your money on stupid crap like MPH instead of the best game Nintendo's made since Wave Race (Nintendogs). Just because you like MPH doesn't make you not a Tool - after all, Tools love FPS games.

Also, I forgot to ask, what the heck are fanboy googles?

Kevtones

A Link to the Past said:
It's the same as the original - but I'd bet you'd know that, if you hadn't wasted your money on stupid crap like MPH instead of the best game Nintendo's made since Wave Race (Nintendogs). Just because you like MPH doesn't make you not a Tool - after all, Tools love FPS games.

Also, I forgot to ask, what the heck are fanboy googles?

Your post factually sucks.

Nintendogs is a game however. I played it.

does the fact that there's nowhere near as many DS systems out there do anything for you AniHawk?

anyways, keep up the good work ; )

edit: i should've continued reading the thread. am totally late. what a narbo.

Top Bottom