• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/10 - 3/16

donny2112

test_account said:
Yakuza 2 have been pretty long within the top 50 from what i can remember.

It's the BEST price re-release from last December. Cheesemeister's parser just doesn't distinguish between that and the original.

cvxfreak said:
Since the release of the Saturn and PSone, or any trackable period around that time up to last week, how many consoles (combined) sell each day, week, month and year in Japan? What's the handheld stat for that, and the combined stat? Thanks! :)

I have software going back to around then, but not hardware. I think JoshuaJSlone's online site has hardware since 2000. I'm not sure this is exactly what you were looking for, but here's this.

By year, by system type, the total sales for the year, the average sales per month (annual/12), and the average sales per day (annual/365).

test_account said:
And did Nintendo release a Best Price alternative for Super Mario Sunshine "just" before the release of SMG?

I don't think Nintendo has ever released a lower price re-release for its console games.

test_account said:
Devil May Cry 3 got released as a Special Edition relatively close to DMC4, so maybe DMC3 is also a game that saw a boost due to DMC4 (or maybe it sold good because of the Special Edition stuff).

I don't consider being released 6 months prior (for the SE (BEST) release) to be that close, myself. The reason for the Yakuza 1/2 (BEST) re-release in early December was probably two-fold: 1) Take advantage of the holiday buying rush and 2) Build up anticipation for Yakuza 3.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
It's the BEST price re-release from last December. Cheesemeister's parser just doesn't distinguish between that and the original.
I know, that was my point, to release a re-release "just" before the sequel is being released to hype the sequel :) (i wrote it in the other posts ;))

donny2112 said:
I don't think Nintendo has ever released a lower price re-release for its console games.
I have no idea. I know that there excist a platium (or something in that category) release of Super Mario Sunshine in Europe atleast, but i have no idea how it is in Japan.

donny2112 said:
I don't consider being released 6 months prior (for the SE (BEST) release) to be that close, myself. The reason for the Yakuza 1/2 (BEST) re-release in early December was probably two-fold: 1) Take advantage of the holiday buying rush and 2) Build up anticipation for Yakuza 3.
It was really released that early? I'm sure i saw it in the charts relatively close to the release DMC4 release, but i might be wrong. Thats why i assumed it was recently released. After double checking the stats over at Joshua's site i see now that it says 2006, i thought it said 2007, sorry about that.

donny2112

test_account said:
I'm sure i saw it in the charts relatively close to the release DMC4 release, but i might be wrong.

You did see it. It was released at the end of last June, though. It sold ~50K in its first 7 months (until end of January 2008), and then sold another 14K in February to go along with DMC4's release. That's why it showed up in the Media-Create Top 50 some that month.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
You did see it. It was released at the end of last June, though. It sold ~50K in its first 7 months (until end of January 2008), and then sold another 14K in February to go along with DMC4's release. That's why it showed up in the Media-Create Top 50 some that month.

Ah ok, good to know that my memory is still ok hehe :) I didnt knew games stayed that long in the stores in Japan, hence the talk about price collapce etc. I thought maybe stores wanted to get rid of the stock fast to get room for new games, but maybe there are exceptions like if the game(s) sell well, then there isnt a reason to reduce the price. Do you know if therecently sold DMC3 The Best was a new ordered batch or old stocks in stores?

Based on the latest Famitsu data...

PS3 comparisons: After 70 weeks, PS3 is where PS2 was at 16.3 weeks (June 20, 2000), where PSP was at 46.6 weeks (October 27, 2005), where GCN was at 68.0 weeks (December 28, 2002), and where Wii was at 17.2 weeks (March 26, 2007). I note this now puts PS3 a year behind Wii, in time from launch.

Wii comparisons: After 67 weeks, Wii is where GBA was at 68.1 weeks (July 7, 2002), where DS was at 57.3 weeks (January 3, 2006), where PS2 was at 91.6 weeks (November 29, 2001), and where PSP was at 133.1 weeks (June 24, 2007).

Based on the latest Media Create numbers...

DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 48.0 / 52.0, bringing total shares to 72.2 / 27.8. At this week's rates PSP catches up to DS in 3096.5 weeks (July 21, 2067). If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 235.5 weeks (September 20, 2012).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 21.1 / 78.9, bringing total shares to 26.1 / 73.9. If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 240.8 weeks (October 27, 2012).

nli10 said:
If a PSP S&L can match the DS Lite in sales then a PS3 S&L can match the Wii.
Well, if we take the comparison even further, PS3 would be matching a Wii selling far below its previous peak, so they'd both be sitting around 20 or 30K.

cvxfreak said:
Since the release of the Saturn and PSone, or any trackable period around that time up to last week, how many consoles (combined) sell each day, week, month and year in Japan? What's the handheld stat for that, and the combined stat? Thanks! :)
Week is easy to figure. Knowing the cutoff points the years then aren't much trouble. But daily? And would month go on the common sense measure of whether a week has more than 4 days in a certain month, or attempting to match up to NPD?

Here I've put up the easiest bit to do. Took my offline Famitsu spreadsheet, summed up the columns, cropped it down, exported it to HTML. There are a few gaps early on, but hey.

Consoles: N64, GCN, Wii, SS, DC, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, X360
Handhelds: GB, GBC, GBA, GBASP, GBM, DS, DSL, NGP (includes NGPC), PocketStation, PSP, WS, WSC, SC

Rock_Man

As a reply to last weeks MC thread (or just about every week's thread really), this graph shows the PSP/DS sales from the beginning of 2006 up till 3/9/08 as tracked by Famitsu. As you can see, the PSP/DS software shares are steady, but it's also a fact that software sales on both systems have declined a lot compared to last year (you can't see that in the graph though). My guess is that DS software sales are down ~40% compared to last year if looking at the first ten weeks of the year.

The hardware graph to the right should be no surprise either as PSP is now outselling DS.

famitsu-dspsp-080309.png

Edit: Can you see the MHP2 release? :)

donny2112

test_account said:
After double checking the stats over at Joshua's site i see now that it says 2006, i thought it said 2007, sorry about that.

PS2 Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition 2/23/2006
PS2 Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (BEST) 6/28/2007

The BEST version is the one that charted. As to why these games stay in stores, the BEST releases are already cheap, so no price collapse is necessary.

test_account said:
Do you know if therecently sold DMC3 The Best was a new ordered batch or old stocks in stores?

The release date on it was 6/28/2007, so I don't think it was an official reprint. Those usually get a new release date. (See Minna no Golf 4)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I don't hand out these compliments lightly Rockman, but that is an EXCELLENT chart. Nicely presented, clear to read, and easily revealed conclusions. I want more. I need more chart buddies.

Rock_Man

Laguna said:
Nice graph! Could you maybe add the older numbers from 2005 (since release)? It would be perfect.
I only have monthly software totals for those months but I will try to add them with proportionally longer steps in the vertical direction as they represent sales for 4 or 5 weeks each.

PantherLotus said:
I don't hand out these compliments lightly Rockman, but that is an EXCELLENT chart. Nicely presented, clear to read, and easily revealed conclusions. I want more. I need more chart buddies.
Thanks! I promise there will be more of these in the coming weeks. Among them a 2008 chart only, but with all systems.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
PS2 Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition 2/23/2006
PS2 Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (BEST) 6/28/2007

The BEST version is the one that charted. As to why these games stay in stores, the BEST releases are already cheap, so no price collapse is necessary.

Thanks for the info :) I didnt think about The Best release on DMC3 since i missread 2006 with 2007. Ye, true, Yakuza 2 is only like 1890 yen or so, which is pretty cheap compared to other full price PS2 and PS3 games.

donny2112 said:
The release date on it was 6/28/2007, so I don't think it was an official reprint. Those usually get a new release date. (See Minna no Golf 4)
Ah ok, i didnt know they got a new release date if they print up more games later on. I thought the stores just ordered and the factories printed up mor, thanks for the info :)

Regaring what i said about Yakuza 2 and 3 earlier, its impossible to know for sure what will happend within the next few weeks and personally i do have a feeling that Yakuza 3 will go out of the top 50 witin maybe 3-4 weeks. And if it stays we wont know if the re-release Yakuza 2 had anything to do with it unfortunately. But nevertheless, its going to be interesting to see how Yakuza 3 will rank in the next couple of weeks, atleast i'm looking forward to see what happends :)

donny2112

test_account said:
Ah ok, i didnt know they got a new release date if they print up more games later on. I thought the stores just ordered and the factories printed up mor, thanks for the info :)

This is where it gets into territory I'm not 100% sure of. Sometimes games get a reprint, and they get a whole new release data for their reprint (e.g. Minna no Golf 4). However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the factories haven't printed anymore since the first run. I'm not sure why a separated release date gets applied to some games and not others. It could be that the price is lower than the first run, but I don't track the price. (Edit: Looking at JoshuaJSlone's site, it appears that the second Minna no Golf 4 release was at a cheaper price.)

In short, the stores may have ordered more DMC3:SE (BEST) copies, but it didn't change the official release date for the game. Therefore, they could've also been copies still hanging around the shops since June 2007.

Kuramu

Rock_Man said:
As a reply to last weeks MC thread (or just about every week's thread really), this graph shows the PSP/DS sales from the beginning of 2006 up till 3/9/08 as tracked by Famitsu. As you can see, the PSP/DS software shares are steady, but it's also a fact that software sales on both systems have declined a lot compared to last year (you can't see that in the graph though). My guess is that DS software sales are down ~40% compared to last year if looking at the first ten weeks of the year.

The hardware graph to the right should be no surprise either as PSP is now outselling DS.

famitsu-dspsp-080309.png

Edit: Can you see the MHP2 release? :)
Interesting new charts, ty. Color choice is hard on the eyes though

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Kuramu said:
Interesting new charts, ty. Color choice is hard on the eyes though

Agreed actually. I would also highlight the actual line in between with a nice, fat bolded black line. Or he might use the system "colors" to symbolically connect the viewer to the system in question. (White vs. Black, respectively).

A couple labels on the high points of each wouldn't hurt either.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Agent Icebeezy said:
Save it from what? All three positions are finalized. The only thing up for grabs is the market share allocations.

I'd be fucking stunned if the market share moved over 7% percent in any direction for any one of them homestly. As I point out repeatedly, this generation was decided the moment those fateful words of price were announced.

ksamedi

PantherLotus said:
I'd be fucking stunned if the market share moved over 7% percent in any direction for any one of them homestly. As I point out repeatedly, this generation was decided the moment those fateful words of price were announced.

Or maybe it was decided the moment people played Wiisports. I don't think it has anything to do with price.

gtj1092

ksamedi said:
Or maybe it was decided the moment people played Wiisports. I don't think it has anything to do with price.

This is true on some level but people would think twice about paying 6 bills to play wii sports. Thus lowering demand, media coverage of shortages, and subsequent continual sell outs.

ksamedi

womfalcs3 said:
False. A re-designed PS3 would. I know Japanese gamers who hate the large size of the PS3. They need to make it smaller... and that's coming.

You mean like the Wii? Nintendo must have been right when they reasoned that engineering a small console was more important than making a big and powerfull console. It must be great for Iwata to know that he was right because it sure was a big gamble.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
womfalcs3 said:
False. A re-designed PS3 would. I know Japanese gamers who hate the large size of the PS3. They need to make it smaller... and that's coming.

That time has come and gone. The course of this generation is set in stone in Japan. Soon, if not already, the Japanese have gone to starting projects on the Wii

jakncoke

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Based on the latest Famitsu data...

PS3 comparisons: After 70 weeks, PS3 is where PS2 was at 16.3 weeks (June 20, 2000), where PSP was at 46.6 weeks (October 27, 2005), where GCN was at 68.0 weeks (December 28, 2002), and where Wii was at 17.2 weeks (March 26, 2007). I note this now puts PS3 a year behind Wii, in time from launch.

Wii comparisons: After 67 weeks, Wii is where GBA was at 68.1 weeks (July 7, 2002), where DS was at 57.3 weeks (January 3, 2006), where PS2 was at 91.6 weeks (November 29, 2001), and where PSP was at 133.1 weeks (June 24, 2007).

Based on the latest Media Create numbers...

DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 48.0 / 52.0, bringing total shares to 72.2 / 27.8. At this week's rates PSP catches up to DS in 3096.5 weeks (July 21, 2067). If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 235.5 weeks (September 20, 2012).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 21.1 / 78.9, bringing total shares to 26.1 / 73.9. If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 240.8 weeks (October 27, 2012).

Well, if we take the comparison even further, PS3 would be matching a Wii selling far below its previous peak, so they'd both be sitting around 20 or 30K.

Week is easy to figure. Knowing the cutoff points the years then aren't much trouble. But daily? And would month go on the common sense measure of whether a week has more than 4 days in a certain month, or attempting to match up to NPD?

Here I've put up the easiest bit to do. Took my offline Famitsu spreadsheet, summed up the columns, cropped it down, exported it to HTML. There are a few gaps early on, but hey.

Consoles: N64, GCN, Wii, SS, DC, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, X360
Handhelds: GB, GBC, GBA, GBASP, GBM, DS, DSL, NGP (includes NGPC), PocketStation, PSP, WS, WSC, SC

Nice stats btw. but isn't bold silly? I mean if Wii stopped surely that would mean PS3 would start selling like crazy.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
jasonbay said:
Nice stats btw. but isn't bold silly? I mean if Wii stopped surely that would mean PS3 would start selling like crazy.

Why? I know I'm not the only one who *may* eventually get a PS3, but it'll be after a better software library and several more price drops, and I wouldn't buy it any quicker if the Wii didn't exist.

Believe it or not, not all PS1/2 fans are as impressed with the PS3.

jakncoke

Banned
Edit: After actually reading your post. you really don't think PS3 wouldn't sell tons more if the Wii were stopped?

I don't see how it wouldn't sell loads more, meaning 240 weeks to get there would be false

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
jasonbay said:
Edit: After actually reading your post. you really don't think PS3 wouldn't sell tons more if the Wii were stopped?

I don't see how it wouldn't sell loads more, meaning 240 weeks to get there would be false

The PS3 would sell better, but not by a significant amount I think. It would be hard for it to when it doesn't have the most influential games of the generation (so far) on it. It's just not reasonable to expect a bigger shift in sales from the Wii to the PS3 when they aren't really offering a lot of similar games between the two either.

Eteric Rice

jasonbay said:

If the PS2 didn't exist, the Gamecube would have sold a ton more!

See what I did there?

Jokeropia

That statistic is just for fun. It's less likely that the Wii will stop selling in the first place than such an event not having any effect on the PS3 sales.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
jasonbay said:

I think you're missing the point. Would you like a moment to get to it yourself or would you like it to be spelled out for you? ;)

donny2112

jasonbay said:
but isn't bold silly? I mean if Wii stopped surely that would mean PS3 would start selling like crazy.

It's a statistical curiosity, not a reasonable expectation. It's a continuation of a stat that has been in place since the early PSP vs. DS days to emphasize just how far ahead one system is than another.

gtj1092 said:
This is true on some level but people would think twice about paying 6 bills to play wii sports.

Ebay. Christmas.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok I'll spell it out for you.

The comparison is made to show proportions of sales and at what pace each is selling in relation to the other. It has absolutely zero to do with what would actually happen if one were to completely stop selling. I think we all appreciate the attention to detail, but I think you're looking a little to closely at the semantics and not nearly close enough to the bigger picture:

IT WOULD TAKE 4 YEARS FOR THE PS3 TO CATCH UP AT THIS RATE.

It means that is selling really really poorly, but in more descriptive terms. Sometimes it helps to know exactly how badly it is selling.

edit: fucking beaten.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lopaz said:
Fuck them for not buying bangai-o or NGDS :mad:

Bangai-O is sort of a mixed bag. On the one hand, the number is very low and the shipment is tiny. On the other hand, the shipment being so tiny means that the price will likely not collapse and I'm sure the game will comfortably sell through at least one restock.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
This is where it gets into territory I'm not 100% sure of. Sometimes games get a reprint, and they get a whole new release data for their reprint (e.g. Minna no Golf 4). However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the factories haven't printed anymore since the first run. I'm not sure why a separated release date gets applied to some games and not others. It could be that the price is lower than the first run, but I don't track the price. (Edit: Looking at JoshuaJSlone's site, it appears that the second Minna no Golf 4 release was at a cheaper price.)

In short, the stores may have ordered more DMC3:SE (BEST) copies, but it didn't change the official release date for the game. Therefore, they could've also been copies still hanging around the shops since June 2007.

Interesting that MnG4 has another date on the 2nd reprint of The Best version and that it was launched at a cheaper price (atleast according to Joshua's site), thanks for the info on this :) I have no idea why its like this, maybe MnG4 was a title that was highly sought after/requested so they decided to do a 2nd reprint, but thats just a guess from my side, i have no idea why its like this.

About DMC3:SE The Best, what you say sounds quite possible. With MnG4 its over a year between the first and 2nd re-print, with DMC3 its somewhat ½ a year as you said. Maybe thats why they didnt bother to give it a new release date.

test_account

XP-39C²
Grecco said:
"Needs to be smaller" is the new "needs more games" which was the new "needs a price cut" for the Ps3?

I'd say it needs all of those. The sales arent strong now, thats for sure. Something needs to be changed so people will start to get interested in the PS3, and maybe most important of all, keep people interested in it, not just release 1 big title that causes a spike in sales and then go back to 10-15k a week.

Grecco

Price isnt a factor. Isnt it at the PS2 price?

Games? Theres stuff like DMC4, and Yakuza3 Big games. I dont see how games are the issue either.

What i see. Is that Japan is traditionally a one console nation. They pick a console and stick with it. This gen they picked the Wii. Lowering the price more wont help. More games wont do it either. Making it slimmer is a hilarious suggestion from people who normally would suggest that Handhelds dont equate to consoles but think that the PSP "resurgance" is due to the Slim (Thats more because of Monster Hunter, media and piracy). Short of a FF7 Remake there isnt anything that can "Save" the PS3 anymore. Realize and move on. (And a FF7 remake would be what, 2010/2011 at the earlyest.

In an unrelated story, which will proably rehash PSP Piracy dicussion number 3300. Im honestly baffled at how wide spredded it is. A Coworker imed me this morning telling me that there was already FF Crisis Core (US version) available to download.

The game isnt even out yet on stores.! Thats absurd.

test_account

XP-39C²
Grecco said:
Price isnt a factor. Isnt it at the PS2 price?

Games? Theres stuff like DMC4, and Yakuza3 Big games. I dont see how games are the issue either.

What i see. Is that Japan is traditionally a one console nation. They pick a console and stick with it. This gen they picked the Wii. Lowering the price more wont help. More games wont do it either. Making it slimmer is a hilarious suggestion from people who normally would suggest that Handhelds dont equate to consoles but think that the PSP "resurgance" is due to the Slim (Thats more because of Monster Hunter, media and piracy). Short of a FF7 Remake there isnt anything that can "Save" the PS3 anymore. Realize and move on. (And a FF7 remake would be what, 2010/2011 at the earlyest.

The PS2 is about 15.000 yen, the PS3 is about 37.600 yen (Amazon.co.jp prices atleast) so its quite a big price difference (unless you mean the PS2 launch price, then yes, its about the same price then (the launch price for PS2 was 39.800 yen accoring to Wikipedia)). Wii is about 25.000k yen just to make a comparison. I'm pretty sure that a pricedrop down to Wii's pricelevel would boost the PS3 sales for a long period of time, so i'd say price is still a big factor, but not the only factor. And just to point out, with boosting sales i dont mean a huge boost to outsell the Wii, but a boost to keep it around maybe atleast 20k a week.

There are some good games out for the PS3 indeed, but so far the games that are out sell well for like 2-4 weeks then they drop big time. There arent any games that can keep the interest up for a long time, stuff like Wii Sports etc. We have seen that releasing big games like DMC4 and Yakuza 3 wont give a sales effect in the long run. These games usually have a smaller momentum for no longer than 2-4 weeks.

Making it slimmer might boost interest, but i dont really have any opinion or any speculation on how much or how little. A pricedrop combined would also work good i'd say.

What you say about one console nation seems very plausable and do agree to that. But i dont agree to saying that lowering the price and releasing more games (interesting games that is) wont help the PS3. It totally depends how how big of a price drop and which games that are out of course. A pricedrop on i.e 5000 yen might not do much in the long run, but if you get it down the Wii's price level some things might change (i wouldnt say its realisticly that the PS3 will come down to Wii's price level anytime soon though, but i'm just giving an example). The PS3 has dropped pretty much in price, from like 60.000 yen to about 37.600 yen, but its still not main stream cheap in my opinion.

If its not the price, if its not the games and a redesign wont help, then what is it that people dont find interesting about the PS3? And what else can be changed to gain people's interest if you shouldnt change the price, the games or do a redesign? It shouldnt be impossible, i'm pretty sure that something can be done :)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
test_account said:
The PS2 is about 15.000 yen, the PS3 is about 37.600 yen (Amazon.co.jp prices atleast) so its quite a big price difference (unless you mean the PS2 launch price, then yes, its about the same price then (the launch price for PS2 was 39.800 yen accoring to Wikipedia)). Wii is about 25.000k yen just to make a comparison. I'm pretty sure that a pricedrop down to Wii's pricelevel would boost the PS3 sales for a long period of time, so i'd say price is still a big factor, but not the only factor. And just to point out, wtih boosting sales i dont mean a huge boost to outsell the Wii, but a boost to keep it around maybe atleast 20k a week.

There are some good games out for the PS3 indeed, but so far the games that are out sell well for like 2-4 weeks then they drop big time. There arent any games that can keep the interest up for a long time, stuff like Wii Sports etc. We have seen that releasing big games like DMC4 and Yakuza 3 wont give a sales effect in the long run. These games usually have a smaller momentum for no longer than 2-4 weeks.

Making it slimmer might boost interest, but i dont really have any opinion or any speculation on how much or how little. A pricedrop combined would also work good i'd say.

What you say about one console nation seems very plausable and do agree to that. But i dont agree to saying that lowering the price and releasing more games (interesting games that is) wont help the PS3. It totally depends how how big of a price drop and which games that are out of course. A pricedrop on i.e 5000 yen might not do much in the long run, but if you get it down the Wii's price level some things might change (i wouldnt say its realisticly that the PS3 will come down to Wii's price level anytime soon though, but i'm just giving an example). The PS3 has dropped pretty much in price, from like 60.000 yen to about 37.600 yen, but its still not main stream cheap in my opinion.

If its not the price, if its not the games and a redesign wont help, then what is it that people dont find interesting about the PS3? And what else can be changed to gain people's interest if you shouldnt change the price, the games or do a redesign? It shouldnt be impossible, i'm pretty sure that something can be done :)

The Wii has already been declared the victor. It's out of Sony's and Microsoft's hands.

test_account

XP-39C²
Agent Icebeezy said:
The Wii has already been declared the victor. It's out of Sony's and Microsoft's hands.

I know, i said this in my previous post:

test_account said:
And just to point out, with boosting sales i dont mean a huge boost to outsell the Wii, but a boost to keep it around maybe atleast 20k a week.

The Wii is the winner, true that, but that doesnt mean that the PS3 sales cant be boosted at all. There is one or several of reasons why people in Japan dont have too much of an interest for the PS3, and i do belive that this can be changed somehow, atleast to some extend.

The fact that a software title about writing is the best selling item of the week proves to me how different Japanese taste is from mine.

Polari

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales
NDS Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage - 127k
PS3 Armored Core: For Answer - 44k
PSP Tales of Rebirth - 38k
WII Deca Sporta: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! - 30k
NDS Sakura Taisen: Kimi Arugatame - 27k
NDS SimCity DS 2: Kodai kara Mirai e Tsuduku Machi - 26k
NDS Crayon Shin-Chan: Arashi o Yobu Cinema Land: Kachinko Gachinko Daikatsugeki! - 19k
PSP Mugen Kairou (echochrome) - 16k
360 Armored Core: For Answer - 16k
NDS Time Hollow: Ubawareta Kako o Motomete - 14k
NDS Chou Nekketsu Koukou Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu - 10k
NDS Kekkaishi: Kokubourou Shuurai - 8k (just 10-20% sell through)
360 Army of Two - 8k
PS3 Army of Two - 6k
NDS Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword - 4k
NDS Bangai-O Spirits - 3k (<10k shipment)

Japan get your motherfucking shit together, stat.

Deca Sports did alright, good for Hudson.

Redd

Well I'm hoping Dragon Sword does better in North America and Europe. If it has strong sales in those territories it should be fine.

cvxfreak

Brianemone said:
The fact that a software title about writing is the best selling item of the week proves to me how different Japanese taste is from mine.

In this case, as I alluded to in the first page, it's a cultural thing too. Not sure westerners have an equivalent to the role of Kanji in Japanese society.

Top Bottom