• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 3 - 9 Apr

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Archie said:
What big games come out the 20th? Does Mother 3 have a chance of making the top 10?

Ookami, Mother 3 (maybe even N3)

Mother 3 will be number one with a bullet. Nintendos advertising agency in japan is the Zhuge liang of advertising agencies.

They have been pushing Starfi quite a bit as well, daily bits on the oha morning anime game show thing and commercials running all the time.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
*yawn* These sales are getting as boring as Madden and Burnout and EA games of the NPD.

*yawn* These complaints are getting as boring as Madden and Burnout and EA games of the NPD.

Not only has AC already outsold FXII, but the brain training games will also. I wonder if any of them will be able to top DQVIII.

Doogdogg

LiquidMamba said:
Not only has AC already outsold FXII, but the brain training games will also. I wonder if any of them will be able to top DQVIII.

BTwill be on the chart FOREVER. it will top DQ8. :) :)

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
Ookami, Mother 3 (maybe even N3)
You forgot one more...

B000BNFDTY.09.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Will easily sell 200k across platforms, but I don't know how it will split between PS2/PC/360.

cvxfreak

I wonder how long it'll be before Brain Training 2 will outsell the first game. It's possible that they may start switching places on the charts every now and then.

mutsu

phantomile co. said:
yeah, i love brain training and all, but how is it still doing these sales with BT2 out?

does BT 2 have completely different exercises?

Yes, BT2 has completely different exercises. That's why people are likely to be buying both BT1 and BT2 when they get a DS Lite system.

Jonnyram said:
You forgot one more...

B000BNFDTY.09.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Will easily sell 200k across platforms, but I don't know how it will split between PS2/PC/360.
Sorry, but with an image size of 53x75 and a filename like B000BNFDTY.09.THUMBZZZ.jpg, I have no clue what that is.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
By the way, my prediction for Mother 3.

It'll sell 150-200k first week and stop at 300k lifetime.

2003:

37 GBA Mother 1+2 Nintendo 278,225

2006:

77 GBA MOTHER 1 + 2 (Value Selection) Nintendo 22,368

:lol

Tabris

Since betting is the popular thing, if Mother 3 sells more than 200k in it's first week, I'll never comment on the lameness of the Brain Training/Animal Crossing fad again in these sales threads.

Quote me on that. If it does sell 150-200k in it's first week or less, than you guys owe me a "you're totally right, AND animal crossing/brain training fad IS lame" :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tabris said:
Since betting is the popular thing, if Mother 3 sells more than 200k in it's first week, I'll never comment on the lameness of the Brain Training/Animal Crossing fad again in these sales threads.

Quote me on that. If it does sell 150-200k in it's first week or less, than you guys owe me a "you're totally right, AND animal crossing/brain training fad IS lame" :p
that's a lame bet :p

how bout been banned for a month?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Tabris said:

okay

mutsu said:
Yes, BT2 has completely different exercises. That's why people are likely to be buying both BT1 and BT2 when they get a DS Lite system.
mother fuckers.

i hope they merge the 2 eventually. they really should jsut make an ultimate package. it's gonna suck going back and fourth between the 2 to get what you want out of it.

ahmad

Banned
WTF?? It went back to number 1. That is just insane. If this keeps up, this game might outsell FFXII and Animal Crossing DS

Jonnyram

cvxfreak said:
I think the PC version is as popular as the PS2 one in Japan? Not sure...
No, it's not 50/50. The PS2 version is more popular in Japan and the PC version is more popular in the US. The main thing I'm curious about is how many people will move from PS2 to 360. It's definitely an appealing choice if you've got HDTV, but if you've only got SDTV you won't see much difference.

If it's just a small take-up, I reckon you'll see 100k+ copies of the expansion sold on PS2 in the first week.

Yamauchi said:
I'm finding it bizarre that Nintendo has free reign of the Japanese market until November.

Good point. Unless sony pulls some sort of surprise out of their ass (PSP2 for $199 packed in with GTMobile) its free sailing until PS3. And by the, Brain Training 3 should be out.

Jonnyram

jamesinclair said:
Good point. Unless sony pulls some sort of surprise out of their ass (PSP2 for $199 packed in with GTMobile) its free sailing until PS3. And by then, Revolution should be out.
Fixed :)

Tabris said:

Lame bet - especially because I was talking about the idea that it would do significantly worse than Mother 2, and barely edge out a port. Mother 3 bombing that hard is a fantasy - you might as well say that D/P won't break 1 million in Japan.

Top Bottom