• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

Link

The Autumn Wind
OT, but Joshua, what's the significance of the chart in your avatar? Does it represent anything or is it just a random sales week?

Parl

After Nintendogs sells 182,000 first week.

Oogami said:
Pretty bad for Nintendogs. And people thought it would sell a million.

I'm the one who was betting the dogs won't ever sell a million btw, some people are wondering who made that bet.

Well looks like I win the bet, eh?

neo2046 said:
Because no MC data yet
does anyone want some Dengeki TOP 50 numbers?
http://www.dengekionline.com/soft/ranking.html
Dengeki Sales numbers 4/23 - 4/29

01. NDS Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings [NEW]
02. NDS Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan [NEW]
03. Wii Super Paper Mario
04. Wii Wii Sports
05. Wii Wii Play
06. Wii Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree [NEW]
07. NDS Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
08. NDS Panel de Pon DS [NEW]
09. Wii One Piece Unlimited Adventure [NEW]
10. NDS Gyakuten Saiban 4

11. NDS Yoshi Island DS
12. NDS Whatever Pachiko game [NEW]
13. PSP Final Fantasy 1
14. NDS More English Training
15. NDS More Brain Training
16. NDS NEW SMB
17. PSP Monster Hunter P2
18. PS2 Fate/stay night [Realta Nua]
19. PS2 Negima [NEW]
20. NDS Mario Kart DS

21. NDS Layton
22. PS2 Persona 3 FES
23. NDS Brain Training
24. NDS Animal Crossing WW
25. PS2 Musou Orochi
26. 360 Rainbow Six Vegas [NEW]
27. PS2 whatever Baseball 4
28. NDS Odame
29. NDS Namco's word puzzle game
30. NDS Common Knowledge Taining

31. NDS English Training
32. NDS DQ Monster Joker
33. PSP Gundam SEED VS
34. NDS whatever word training
35. PSP Elvandia Story [NEW]
36. PSP Pawafuru Baseball Portable 2
37. 360 Test Drive Unlimited [NEW]
38. NDS Pokemon Diamond
39. PS2 Naruto
40. NDS whatever word training

41. PS2 Kingdom Hearts 2 FM+
42. PS2 ?????????? [NEW]
43. NDS Pokemon Pearl
44. NDS Gyakuten Saiban 1 [BEST]
45. NDS Cryon Shin Chan DS
46. NDS Tamagotchi
47. Wii Made in Wario
48. NDS Simcity DS
49. NDS Majo Love and Berry
50. NDS Tetris DS

Nintendo domination. Yay 2 360 games that porbably sold 5-10k lol.

35 games in the top 50 are on Nintendo platforms, and not a single PS3 game to be found, holy shit I said WOW. We almost saw Nintendo platforms owning the top 15, what are the chances of that happening during golden week?

Jokeropia

Pope Benedict XVI said:
we may as well have a new thread with this dengeki/famitsu stuff if there's not going to be any media create numbers
We'll get Media Create numbers eventually, they're just delayed. Last year we got them two days before the next set of numbers.

pickwick

Originally Posted by Oogami:

I'm the one who was betting the dogs won't ever sell a million btw, some people are wondering who made that bet.

Great !!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Parl

pickwick said:

Great !!

This flop shows that it'll have a max of 500,000 in Japan, and that's optimistic. And it'll never do good in the west.

Meier

pickwick said:

Great !!

Oldie but goodie. :lol

I think that now it is time for Nintendo to begin to expand itself slowly, but constantly. If not now, then when ?
The aquisition of Monolith Soft is a good beginning, but it doesn't be a sporadic sign.

It is clear that Nintendo has the domination on the japanese market and they are selling well in the west too and most of all, there is no apparent sign of slowing down. So, this is, economically, the most favorable period to invest money in research and development.

pickwick

SA Louisgod said:
Does anybody know what week(s?) Nintendo swept the top 10 with only DS sales? I know they did but don't remember when.

Enjoy !

(media create, ending 08/27/06)

1. DS Final Fantasy III (Square Enix) - 503 051 / 503 051
2. DS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 65 556 / 2 901 264
3. DS Rune Factory (Marvelous) - 42 210 / 42 210
4. DS More DS Brain Training (Nintendo) - 41 784 / 3 073 195
5. DS Nintendo DS Talking Cooking Navi (Nintendo) - 37 326 / 384 045
6. DS Tamagotchi 2 (Bandai/Namco) - 30 504 / 430 934
7. DS Mario Basketball 3 on 3 (Nintendo) - 30 355 / 233 762
8. DS Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) – 30 023 / 3 149 130
9. DS Nintendo DS Brain Training (Nintendo) – 22 866 / 2 736 150
10. DS Training English (Nintendo) - 17 465 / 1 401 669

1. Nintendo DS Lite - 163 274 / 3 976 787
2. PSP - 29 945 / 1 228 843
3. PlayStation 2 - 21 829 / 953 235
4. Game Boy Advance SP - 2 719 / 189 136
5. Game Boy Advance Micro - 1 819 / 118 161
6. Xbox 360 - 1 197 / 68 676
7. GameCube - 837 / 63 616
8. Nintendo DS - 410 / 930 210
9. Game Boy Advance - 14 / 3 012
10. Xbox - 12 / 1 679

apotema

Alcibiades said:
wait, why don't we get Denkegi Top 50 every week?

Are they inferior numbers to Famitsu/Media Create in terms of reliability?

A long long time ago, I can still remember.... Dengeki was the king of numbers and charts, we used to receive each Thursday the numbers for the top 50, until a cold november 2003 morning, they removed the numbers!!!

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
pickwick said:
Enjoy !

(media create, ending 08/27/06)

1. DS Final Fantasy III (Square Enix) - 503 051 / 503 051
2. DS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 65 556 / 2 901 264
3. DS Rune Factory (Marvelous) - 42 210 / 42 210
4. DS More DS Brain Training (Nintendo) - 41 784 / 3 073 195
5. DS Nintendo DS Talking Cooking Navi (Nintendo) - 37 326 / 384 045
6. DS Tamagotchi 2 (Bandai/Namco) - 30 504 / 430 934
7. DS Mario Basketball 3 on 3 (Nintendo) - 30 355 / 233 762
8. DS Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) – 30 023 / 3 149 130
9. DS Nintendo DS Brain Training (Nintendo) – 22 866 / 2 736 150
10. DS Training English (Nintendo) - 17 465 / 1 401 669

1. Nintendo DS Lite - 163 274 / 3 976 787
2. PSP - 29 945 / 1 228 843
3. PlayStation 2 - 21 829 / 953 235
4. Game Boy Advance SP - 2 719 / 189 136
5. Game Boy Advance Micro - 1 819 / 118 161
6. Xbox 360 - 1 197 / 68 676
7. GameCube - 837 / 63 616
8. Nintendo DS - 410 / 930 210
9. Game Boy Advance - 14 / 3 012
10. Xbox - 12 / 1 679

No PS3's sold?

Cygnus X-1

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I think that now it is time for Nintendo to begin to expand itself slowly, but constantly. If not now, then when ?
The aquisition of Monolith Soft is a good beginning, but it doesn't be a sporadic sign.

It is clear that Nintendo has the domination on the japanese market and they are selling well in the west too and most of all, there is no apparent sign of slowing down. So, this is, economically, the most favorable period to invest money in research and development.

I don't think that Nintendo still want to have many Second Parties Developers after the problems with Rare, Silicon Knight and Left Field. Iwata has a different approach and prefers to have "solid" relationships with Third parties and great First Party teams. Nobody assure you that your investement will produce always great games. If it is a third party: no problems, simply you'll not give them your next project to develop. But if it is a Second Party, what you do ? So, the Monolith Soft business is a "out-of-norm-case".

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alcibiades said:
wait, why don't we get Denkegi Top 50 every week?

Are they inferior numbers to Famitsu/Media Create in terms of reliability?
We don't need 5 billion sources.

pickwick

Brimstone said:
So you guys are posting old number in a sales thread?

What's wrong ?

It was just an answer to :

Does anybody know what week(s?) Nintendo swept the top 10 with only DS sales? I know they did but don't remember when. (Sa LouisGod)

Cygnus X-1 said:
I don't think that Nintendo still want to have many Second Parties Developers after the problems with Rare, Silicon Knight and Left Field. Iwata has a different approach and prefers to have "solid" relationships with Third parties and great First Party teams. Nobody assure you that your investement will produce always great games. If it is a third party: no problems, simply you'll not give them your next project to develop. But if it is a Second Party, what you do ? So, the Monolith Soft business is a "out-of-norm-case".

Actually, Iwata spelled out his view on mergers & acquisitions in that recent investor meeting. Basically, his attitude is that buying the company doesn't guarantee you the really important element of that company - the people. So, rather than embark on a buying spree for short-term benefit - more bodies, access to other IP etc. - Nintendo under Iwata prefers to work with other parties, only considering an acquisition if - in the case of Monolith Soft - there is a good relationship between the two companies and they share the same goals.

It's a pretty solid way of doing things, IMO, and far more sensible than the "LOLZ - Nintendo have 100 billions! Who should they buy next?!!!111" attitude that some of GAF seem to have...

Cygnus X-1 said:

I understand your point, but in my opinion this attitude make no sense, because Nintendo is doing a lot of money right now. What you suppose they'll do with that money ? They cannot accumulate what remains in the UBS or Credit Suisse and say "ok, I'm happy". This is just not a long term vision. Of course, they have not to expand like EA has done in past years or like China is doing right now, because it can destabilize your enterpreise (bzw. nation) and it is posible that someday, you'll not be able to support all your studios anymore and then you will be obliges to sell some teams or cut jobs.
What I'm talking about is a slowly, but constant grown up of Nintendo. This is a long term vision.

Another possibility, is to enter in another business. Of course you keep your main-resources to the videogame industry, but in the same time, you open a new section in some field. Have multiple businesses is great to stabilize your company, because if someday, you have problems in a sector, then you'll be able to support it better if you have with another profitable part of your enterpreise.

This is the standard behaviour of the majority of the big companies in the world.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
pickwick said:
What's wrong ?

It was just an answer to :

Does anybody know what week(s?) Nintendo swept the top 10 with only DS sales? I know they did but don't remember when. (Sa LouisGod)

I came into the thread wanting to see if the number of PS3's fell below the 10,000 level. I overlooked certain aspect of the post by accident.

I'm probably a bit distracted because of the latest Michael Mann news that he is going to work with Leonardo Dicaprio on a 1930's noir epic.

Brimstone said:
I came into the thread wanting to see if the number of PS3's fell below the 10,000 level. I overlooked certain aspect of the post by accident.

I'm probably a bit distracted because of the latest Michael Mann news that he is going to work with Leonardo Dicaprio on a 1930's noir epic.
And the award for most jarring interjection in a Media Create thread goes to....holy crap, that last sentence!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Brimstone said:

PS3 went up supposedly......

perfectchaos007 said:
A certain banned source said PS3 sold around ~13000 this week so who knows. The PS3 couldn't decline forever. Even the 360 has up weeks occasionally.
I just asked my hole-punch on my desk and it says the PS3 sold 438.

Verve

Segata Sanshiro said:
I just asked my hole-punch on my desk and it says the PS3 sold 438.

I hope it's right.
Imagine how great this thread would be :D

Go, mighty hole-punch of fortune! ^^

I wonder if Wii Sports has the legs to reach legendary non-game status of 4 million copies. It should be over 1.5 million by next week's double mega hyper MC thread. We might be looking at one the best selling games of the generation.

Chumly

chibcicylist said:
I wonder if Wii Sports has the legs to reach legendary non-game status of 4 million copies. It should be over 1.5 million by next week's double mega hyper MC thread. We might be looking at one the best selling games of the generation.
The only thing that is going to keep Wii Sports from selling that much is Wii Sports 2

Top Bottom