• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 7/7 - 7/13

Flakster99

Polari said:
Wii software sales continue to spit in the face of all reason and logic.

What is this market coming to when console owners are buying software, on their own validity at that.

Joule

shidoshi said:
Woohoo at Persona 4 being in first place. How many copies did P3 end up selling overall in Japan?

210-230k iirc. So this is quite a improvement. Go Persona, Kick It!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Regulus Tera said:
Forgive my Juniorness, but are 21,000 copies enough for Biohazard 0 Wii? How much did Biohazard 4 Wii did last year?

Absolutely. Biohazard 4 at least had significantly changed Wii controls. This was literally a straight port of a game that 400 thousand GC owners already owned.

The_Joint

cvxfreak said:
5. [NDS] Daiasso Band Brothers (Nintendo) - 23,000 / 190,000

It's Daigasso. :(

But good for DBBDX, it's going to beat out the original. Now localize it, dammit! I'm still waiting for Jam with the Band!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Pachael said:
Isn't that franchise long finished?!

Hana Yori Dango? No way.

The did two series of live-action dramas with popular actors in recent years and a movie that concludes the dramas is in theatres right now. It is as popular as it ever has been.

apujanata

AniHawk said:
I can't believe cvxfreak bought 21,000 copies of BioHazard 0.

Lol. You should see his shipment to his America apartment. It is even bigger than the ET landslide :D

I am really surprised with the 21K figure. I thought it will only do 10K or less. I guess Capcom KNEW that there is a RE fan base on Wii. Will Capcom release more RE games on Wii ?

rockman zx said:
Wow, 21,000 in four days.

Biohazard Remake Wii
Biohazard 2 Wii
Biohazard 3 Wii
Biohazard Code Veronica Wii

Coming Soon

you shouldn't play with people's heart, you know. Especially the bolded part.

Forgive my Juniorness, but are 21,000 copies enough for Biohazard 0 Wii? How much did Biohazard 4 Wii did last year?
First week : 46.8 K (Famitsu). On a much smaller H/W base.
The fact that is RE0 is impressive is that there was ZERO improvement over the RE0 GCN version. RE4 Wii at least have significiant improvement over RE4 GC (wii mote, additional scenario, movie player etc).

TunaLover

apujanata said:
Lol. You should see his shipment to his America apartment. It is even bigger than the ET landslide :D

I am really surprised with the 21K figure. I thought it will only do 10K or less. I guess Capcom KNEW that there is a RE fan base on Wii. Will Capcom release more RE games on Wii ?

you shouldn't play with people's heart, you know. Especially the bolded part.

RE2 was partially recreated in REUC, and yes it hurts so much not having the whole game remade =(

Apart from P4 a pretty slow week. P4 does phenomenal though.

cvxfreak said:
I'm only doing it for you all. I really am!
So RE4 Wii brought us DR. What will RE0 bring us in terms of ports?

Husker86 said:
There are more Wiimotes too... omg PS3 fail!
Are you insinuating the PS3 is not a failure in Japan?

demonix69 said:
Why is Derby Stallion still there? WHY

The Japanese charts are so unpredictable sometimes.
Huh, that series used to be pretty big, this is more a return to form, not something unpredictable. Even the PSP one sold more than 100k.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Great opening for P4. PS2 is going to have a huge chunk of this weeks software percentage. It's strange how big of a drop MHP2ndG had recently. The DS might be above the PSP in HW this week.

Vinci

Danish
Polari said:
Wii software sales continue to spit in the face of all old reason and old logic.

Fixed, 'cause seriously Iwata covered this pretty effectively in the sales update that was E3.

Compared to a lot of million-sellers WiiFit's in itself isn't very impressive. However, I just realized that's a ton of Balance Boards. 0_0

No, no. It's more than a ton. Can someone tell us exactly how much that number of balance boards weighs? I'd like an accurate amount of tonnage here.

Vinci

Danish
In case anyone was really curious, there are approximately 11,579 tons of balance boards in Japan. Does that count as a megaton or not?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Galactic Fork said:
Great opening for P4. PS2 is going to have a huge chunk of this weeks software percentage. It's strange how big of a drop MHP2ndG had recently. The DS might be above the PSP in HW this week.
I don't see why DS would've had a boost, I doubt PSP dropped much because of MHP2G being #10.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
jj984jj said:
I don't see why DS would've had a boost, I doubt PSP dropped much because of MHP2G being #10.

It's not necessarily because of MH that the PSP will drop, it's been dipping down pretty steadily lately. the difference was only 9k last week. Doesn't take much of a bump or dip to cross each other. And the DS is back to taking up half the top 10. I don't think it's out of the question.

Dascu said:
PN03 Wii, I hope.
Could never get into that one.

PetriP-TNT said:
Payday for Capcom! Ok, it might not be on the list next week, but the developement costs must have been incredibly low, right?
From what I understand they just remapped the controls - that's it.

cvxfreak

The_Joint said:
It's Daigasso. :(

But good for DBBDX, it's going to beat out the original. Now localize it, dammit! I'm still waiting for Jam with the Band!

Sorry. Posted the thread from a school computer with a broken G button. :(

CTLance

Not to offend anyone, but I miss Cheesemeisters OPs and PantherLotus' charts. Where are JJSlone and donny when we need them? I'm utterly helpless at this stuff as long as someone isn't holding my hand. This thread is so empty. Curse you, E3! Curse youuuuu!

Also, someone lure Vinnk away from his loving wife and demanding job. I want more Village reports. :p

Good job, cvxfreak, at both the OP and your continued Capcom support. ;)

Soule

CTLance said:
I miss Cheesemeisters OPs and PantherLotus' charts.

Also, someone lure Vinnk away from his loving wife and demanding job. I want more Village reports. :p
Amen brother, preach to the choir!

iidesuyo

Galactic Fork said:

Famitsu has PSP ahead by 10k units

PSP: 57.000
DSL: 47.000
Wii: 41.000
PS3: 14.000
PS2: 11.000
360: 2.700

but the difference in MC can be quite huge

Yaweee

Is that Atlus' biggest launch ever? It is nice to see the company finally seeing some big hits; unless I'm mistaken, P3/FES, TC Wii, EO2 and now Persona 4 are their most succesful titles ever?

This is pleasing; more capital means more development, and I think we're very likely to see a third RPG franchise from the company soon (in addition to SMT and EO).

Joule

Yaweee said:
This is pleasing; more capital means more development, and I think we're very likely to see a third RPG franchise from the company soon (in addition to SMT and EO).

I can't imagine what they'd create but now I can't stop thinking about it.

Yaweee

Joule said:
I can't imagine what they'd create but now I can't stop thinking about it.

They could cram a new sub-genre under the SMT umbrella; so far there is 3-D dungeon crawling, action-RPG, strategy-RPG, medieval-RPG, pokemon-style RPG, FF-style RPG, and social-sim-RPG, while EO is basically a return to the first person wizardry-style roots minus demon fusing but plus a lot of the amenities the series has added over the years.

The holes in their... "coverage" are card-RPGs, or something with a drastically different battle system like you'd see from recent Square or Sting. They could also do a genuine SMT rogue-like, which would be fucking fantastic. Play a demon and have the option of 'fusing' with any corpse that you come across? Yes, please!

Vinnk

Dascu said:
PN03 Wii, I hope.

I'd buy that at full price Day 1.

But everyone else would buy it for 500yen Day 2.

CTLance said:

Ok. What would you guys like to know this week?

Joule

Yaweee said:
They could cram a new sub-genre under the SMT umbrella; so far there is 3-D dungeon crawling, action-RPG, strategy-RPG, medieval-RPG, pokemon-style RPG, FF-style RPG, and social-sim-RPG, while EO is basically a return to the first person wizardry-style roots minus demon fusing but plus a lot of the amenities the series has added over the years.

The holes in their... "coverage" are card-RPGs, or something with a drastically different battle system like you'd see from recent Square or Sting. They could also do a genuine SMT rogue-like, which would be fucking fantastic. Play a demon and have the option of 'fusing' with any corpse that you come across? Yes, please!

I wasn't really thinking about that sort of coverage rather the themes and setting of a new rpg line. In this sense I couldn't begin to imagine what'd they try next.

A card-rpg or a rogue-like would be interesting (though the later might even more sadistic than a usual SMT).

There are some parts of the SMT line that could use a returning to like Soul Hackers or hell I'd like to see what a new Majin Tensei would be like. I know some others would also like DemiKids DS.

Top Bottom