• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/10-9/16 2007

Hammer24

Banned
quetz67 said:
Maybe the market for Wii (at the current price tag) slowly becomes saturated??!

Probably more proof, that only software sells consoles. The WiiSports novelty slowly wears off, so the Wii takes a deep breath before the next heavy hitters hit.

justjohn

Hammer24 said:
Probably more proof, that only software sells consoles. The WiiSports novelty slowly wears off, so the Wii takes a deep breath before the next heavy hitters hit.
you needed proof for that?

Chumly

Knastluder said:
I don't think that Animal crossing Wii will come near the huge sales of his DS comrade.For instance Big Brain Academy on Wii haven't sold nearly as much as the DS version ,or take Cooking Mama for comparison.

It might not but your comparing it with absolutely terrible examples. BBA sucks from what most people think and its not even as good as the brain training games (Correct me if im wrong). Same can go with cooking mama and it wasnt near as popular as animal crossing anyways. Animal crossing back in the day did pretty dam good considering on the gamecube and it even showed legs that were unheard for back in the day. Animal crossing on the Wii is something that people will actually look forward to and by all means it will be a good game (at least way better than BBA and Cooking Mama). Id be willing to bet that it will outsell pretty much everything on the PS3 except MAYBE FFXIII.

titiklabingapat said:
It's more like Sony fans overplaying something when the PS3 is doing even worse+PSP software bot selling AT ALL aside from rare exceptions more than downplaying by Nintendo fans when the Wii still selling twice as well and still have a 2M userbase lead.
Fear the 1 or 2 joke characters acting like Sony fans in MC threads much? Seriously, try to have to fun rather than getting upset because what a joke character banned several times tries to say once a month. Thats MC threads nowadays, either you are one trying to upset people or you are one of those who get upset.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Fear the 1 or 2 joke characters acting like Sony fans in MC threads much? Seriously, try to have to fun rather than getting upset because what a joke character banned several times tries to say once a month. Thats MC threads nowadays, either you are one trying to upset people or you are one of those who get upset.
I don't recall you ever having been banned in the recent past nor think of you as a joke character.

Lobster

Banned
This weeks been pretty uninteresting :(

I can't exactly be dissapointed at DS and Wii atm..they're pretty much dry for September. Wiis got Mario Strikers coming though..that has potential to sell 150k+

Kyoufu

Lobster said:

I can't exactly be dissapointed at DS and Wii atm..they're pretty much dry for September. Wiis got Mario Strikers coming though..that has potential to sell 150k+ LTD

If mario strikers outsells Winning Eleven 2008 on PS3, feces will be flung.

Izzy

Banned
Next week is going to be interesting...Strikers, Katana, Crisis Core/Pokemon second week, MGSPO+, PSP Slim's first week...

Predictions, anyone?

Lobster

Banned
Kyoufu said:
If mario strikers outsells Winning Eleven 2008 on PS3, feces will be flung.

Get ready to fling feces.

Izzy said:
Next week is going to be interesting...Strikers, Katana, Crisis Core/Pokemon second week, MGSPO+, PSP Slim's first week...

Predictions, anyone?

Crisis Core on top but Pokemon sells more 2nd week. Mario Strikers 4th, Katana for what console? PSP slim and FF will make PSP sales 70k+

test_account

XP-39C²
DefectiveReject said:
XBox360 called and said "That means NOTHING........ Believe me"

Do you say that price and games means nothing? How much was 360 at launch in Japan and what games did it have? If you had released 360 and PS3 i Japan at the same time, both at 25k yen and with the exact same software library, which console do you think would have sold the most? :p

AniHawk

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Or you're telling everyone else how better you are.

Pureauthor said:
And it looks like something one of my pet dogs regurgitated.

Actually, believe it or not, the game has seen a fair amount of improvement since those disgusting screenshots from last year, both graphically and conceptually.

Izzy said:

Predictions, anyone?

PSP Slim.... 125k perhaps? This is a wild guess since I dunno how many Sony actually ship.

CCFF7 continues to be strong. MGSPO+ will be good and be the 2nd or even the 1st best-selling new titles of the week. Some recent and long-selling titles (MHP2, GTA) will have a jump on the chart due to PSP Slim launch.

Strikers sales will be solid, but not spectacular.

Katana will be a bomb :lol

Lobster

Banned
Kyoufu said:
MGSPO+ will be bomba total. I don't think the original even sold many to begin with,

I think so too.

Katana won't bomb hard for first week sales..but will be a bomb LTD. Probably won't reach 50k.

AniHawk

AnimeTheme said:
The original one has almost 400k LTD. You seriously think this one will be bomba all of a sudden?

Isn't it just a special edition sort of thing? It's not going to be huge.

Lobster

Banned
AnimeTheme said:
The original one has almost 400k LTD. You seriously think this one will be bomba all of a sudden?

Metal Gear Solid Anniversary should sell over 4million in Japan then..

AniHawk said:
Isn't it just a special edition sort of thing? It's not going to be huge.

Yeah it's basically a special edition selling at a bargain price. No, it won't be huge, but considering the success of the original game and that it's released along side with the PSP Slim launch, it should sell way better than an average "The Best" title.

Lobster said:

I can't exactly be dissapointed at DS and Wii atm..they're pretty much dry for September. Wiis got Mario Strikers coming though..that has potential to sell 150k+ LTD
So it'll end up doing worse than it's predecessor? Assuming by 150k+ you mean a number actually close to 150k. (if it was just any number above 150k it wouldn't be a real prediction)

Izzy said:

Predictions, anyone?
Wii at 40k, PSP 80k, DSL 70k.

Pokemon outsells CC again but I don't think CC will drop off steeply. I think a lot of people did wait for the slim to get CC since not everyone would want the bundle (or could get it due to limited number).

Strikers will debut in the Top10 for sure, don't know about Katana. I still think it sucks from watching the vids but so does the whole series and Japan is still kind of crazy about it.

edit:
Pureauthor said:
That's in line with the series though.

Lobster

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
So it'll end up doing worse than it's predecessor? Assuming by 150k+ you mean a number actually close to 150k. (if it was just any number above 150k it wouldn't be a real prediction)

Wii at 40k, PSP 80k, DSL 70k.

I hoped nobody would notice lol. I meant 150k+ (to 160k) first day. :p

It might be too much though?

Whats the stats on the first?

Edit:Oh I see..I wrote LTD..I must've blanked out or something.

Izzy

Banned
MGSPO+ will be bomba total

Seems like it's general consensus in this thread. I'd like to hear you estimation for the first week, and LTD numbers.

OK, Strikers number, first week, LTD.

Any takers?

Lobster

Banned
Izzy said:
Seems like it's general consensus in this thread. I'd like to hear you estimation for the first week, and LTD numbers.

OK, Strikers number, first week, LTD.

Any takers?

My real estimate...about 100k first week.

Izzy

Banned
Also, regarding MGSPO+ sales - almost everyone expects poor or barely decent sales. But what amount, 10k, 20k, 30k for the first week? Just curious...

Lobster

Banned
Izzy said:
100k? But would you be disappointed if it does, say 60-70k, or less?

Nope. Not at all.

Anyone have the first week for the predecessor?

Izzy said:
Also, regarding MGSPO+ sales - almost everyone expects poor or barely decent sales. But what amount, 10k, 20k, 30k for the first week? Jusr curious...

20k. It will chart.

Frillen

So where's Strikers first day sales?

Anyway, the Wii isn't going to anything big until Galaxy comes out. But when that happens, BOOM. And then Wii-Fit and then Brawl.

Kyoufu

My bomba totals;

MGPO+: 30k first week, 65k LTD :lol I'm being harsh I know, but I just have this feeling I'm going to be right.

Mario Strikers: 120k first week, 280k LTD (I have no idea really)

DW: Katana 65k first week, 110 LTD (I'm probably wrong on this, but everytime I think a new DW edition is shitty and will bomb, out comes the japanese buyers to prove me wrong)

edit: Shit I don't really know anymore regarding Strikers/Katana...

All I know is, MGPO is going to bomb, and Konami will blame Kingd...I mean Crisis Core that it didn't sell.

edit 2: changed some LTD numbers around.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Pureauthor said:

As someone already pointed it, that's par for the course concerning the series in general. :p
Also, it's for Wii! Gameplay > Graphics

AniHawk

Kyoufu said:
My bomba totals;

MGPO+: 30k first week, 50k LTD :lol I'm being harsh I know, but I just have this feeling I'm going to be right.

Mario Strikers: 120k first week, 220k LTD (I have no idea really)

DW: Katana 65k first week, 90k LTD (I'm probably wrong on this, but everytime I think a new DW edition is shitty and will bomb, out comes the japanese buyers to prove me wrong)

edit: Shit I don't really know anymore regarding Strikers/Katana...

All I know is, MGPO is going to bomb, and Konami will blame Kingd...I mean Crisis Core that it didn't sell.

Every one of your "LTD" numbers are far too close to your first week numbers.

Kyoufu

AniHawk said:
Every one of your "LTD" numbers are far too close to your first week numbers.

Yeah, I suppose. I'll edit.

Except for MGPO, that one is going to sink faster than the titanic on a cold night.

Izzy

Banned
Oh yeah, Wii numbers too. What kind of bump will it receive from the simultaneous Strikers and Katana release? 50k? More?

Kyoufu

Izzy said:
Oh, yeah Wii numbers too. What kind of bump will it receive from the simultaneous Strikers and Katana release?

Wii will be 40k, no more, no less.

Its PSP Slim that will be up there methinks.

Laguna

Banned
CESA released a comparison of how many games (in %) were presented this year (/last year) at TGS.

Plattform / 2007 in procent / 2006 in procent
NDS: 17,1 % (10,4 %)
Wii: 8,1 % (1,0 %)
PS2: 7,2 % (20,1 %)
360: 4,9 % (4,0 %)
PS3: 3,2 % (3,6 %)
PSP: 2,6 % (6,6 %)
GC: 0,2 % (0,4 %)
GBA: 0,0 % (0,4 %)

Frillen

You know what the biggest surprise is? The Wii started to slow down first in Japan.

I seriously thought the hype would first slow down in Europe, then NA and finally Japan.

HyperionX

Frillen said:
You know what the biggest surprise is? The Wii started to slow down first in Japan.

I seriously thought the hype would first slow down in Europe, then NA and finally Japan.

Me too. I thought that the Wii will slow down in the West first, and then in Japan. But then again, with the DS/Wii fever biggest in Japan, it has the furthest to fall.

Top Bottom