• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2013 (Mar 04 - Mar 10)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Out of curiosity, what's the Vita JPN release schedule look like after those announcements this past week or so?

Going by GameFAQS: Vita's release list

03/28 Japan Oboro Muramasa
Sei Madou Monogatari

04/18 Japan Slotter Mania V: Zettai Shouji II

04/25 Japan Kajiri Kamui Kagura: Akebono no Hikari
Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity
NextRev: Dainishu Denki Koujishi Shiken
NextRev: Daisanshu Denki Shunin Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Eiken
PhotoKano Kiss
Sangoku Koisenki: Otome no Heihou!
Shin Sangoku Musou Next (PS Vita the Best)
TOEIC Test: Jissen Tokkun 2

05/23 Japan Valhalla Knights 3

05/30 Japan Haiyore! Nyaruko-San: Nafushigatai Game no You na Mono
NextRev: Hisho Kentei Shiken

06/20 Japan Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP

06/27 Japan Memories Off 6 Complete
Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku

I wonder what's Namco doing with GE2 - are they waiting for Capcom annoucement ?

The longer they wait they worse situation get's for them imho.

Well yeah - releasing it before golden week would be optimal since it would be biggest PSP/PSV release for that period but Capcom might also want to release MH4 then.

Releasing a week or two before would be bad as MH4 would kill legs on GE2
Releasing on same week = suicide
Releasing a week or two later - still bad

Mpl90

i'd guess so, they'd be suicidal to go up against it

Well, it's not like they have a history of putting an important title just right a week before a much bigger ti

*reminds of original Tales of Graces' release*

Aaaaaaaaaargh.

disco

Well yeah - releasing it before golden week would be optimal since it would be biggest PSP/PSV release for that period but Capcom might also want to release MH4 then.

Releasing a week or two before would be bad as MH4 would kill legs on GE2
Releasing on same week = suicide
Releasing a week or two later - still bad

I'd imagine GE2 coming out around June surely?

Jonnyram

Vita sold out in all but two models in the local Yodobashi (this store has the largest stock of games in the local area).

BFy7Sc0CEAA9byU.jpg

GE2 should be released in June or something. If they go too close to MH4 release date, it will have legs cut; if they go after MH4, all attention will still be on Capcom's game.

Unless I am missing it that is missing Dragon's Crown, Mind Zero, and not sure if it was dated but FFX and FFX-2?

We know about DC and FFX, FFX-2 since yesterday - i think we need to give people some time to update such lists :D

Anyway - release schedule for Q2 is filling itself nicely - and i think i read here few weeks ago that march was supposed to be last chance for Vita and after that it will be wasteland with no releases :D

We know about DC and FFX, FFX-2 since yesterday - i think we need to give people some time to update such lists :D

Anyway - release schedule for Q2 is filling itself nicely - and i think i read here few weeks ago that march was supposed to be last chance for Vita and after that it will be wasteland with no releases :D
March was the last of significant releases; with the exception of GE2. I don't think that release schedule is much to crow about, but at least there's games coming I guess.

Anecdotal of course, but my local place was completely sold out of Vita units. There were still copies of One Piece Musou 2 for the PS3, but I grabbed the last Vita copy.

Plenty of Super Robot Wars, and they finally got a Sword Art Online restock. Very curious as to how the latter sells.

EDIT: Plenty of copies of Luigi's Mansion too.

Oersted

A Super Famicom rom could be a decisive factor for those who are undecided about purchasing a Wii U.

In regards to Soul Sacrifice second week, a 70% drop would be a good result.

Second week sales for "big" PS Vita releases:

[PSV] Persona 4 Golden <RPG> (Atlus) {2012.06.14} (¥7.329) - 18.069 / 170.568 (-88%)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f # <ACT> (Sega) {2012.08.30} (¥7.329) - 16.807 / 174.816 (-89%)
[PSV] Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.02.28} (¥6.980) - 15.023 / 106.662 (-84%)

Good result is a very relative thing, isn´t it?

squall23

Anecdotal of course, but my loca place was completely sold out of Vita units. There were still copies of One Piece Musou 2 for the PS3, but I grabbed the last Vita copy.

Plenty of Super Robot Wars, and they finally got a Sword Art Online restock. Very curious as to how the latter sells.

EDIT: Plenty of copies of Luigi's Mansion too.
What about KH1.5? That game seems to have been forgotten around here even though the Japanese will (usually) lap up anything KH even if it is a port/remake.

Mpl90

Media Create numbers are certainly delayed: there was a note in the last chart posted by 4gamer about this. But Famitsu? I don't think so, since the retail magazine is coming out regularly.

test_account

XP-39C²
Good result is a very relative thing, isn´t it?
2nd week drop rate has very little to do with being a good result or not. If a game sells 100k in its first week, or uses 10 weeks to sell 100k, it is the final result that matters. Technically it is best to sell all copies at day 1, because then you get the money in quicker.

Current known Q2 lineups (from Gamefaqs & Enterbrain):

Nintendo 3DS

04.04.13 Farming Simulator 2012 (Intergrow)
04.04.13 Kipper no Eigo Kyoushitsu: Floppy's Phonics Vol. 1 - Kipper-Hen (IE Institute)
04.04.13 Kipper no Eigo Kyoushitsu: Floppy's Phonics Vol. 2 - Biff-Hen (IE Institute)
04.04.13 Kipper no Eigo Kyoushitsu: Floppy's Phonics Vol. 3 - Chip-Hen (IE Institute)
04.11.13 Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory (FuRyu)
04.18.13 Oshare de Kawaii! Koinu to Asobo! Machi-Hen (MTO)
04.18.13 Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (Nintendo)
04.25.13 Meitantei Conan: Marionette Symphony (Bandai)
04.25.13 Starry * Sky: In Spring 3D (honeybee+)

05.23.13 Nui Gurumi no Keaki Okusan: Mahou no Patissiere (Culture Brain)
05.23.13 Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus)
05.23.13 Tamagotchi no Doki Doki Dream Omisecchi (Bandai)

06.13.13 Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter: Albatross no Tsubasa (Square Enix)
06.20.13 Kumatomo (Bandai)
06.20.13 Ninja JaJaMaru-kun: Sakura-hime to Karyu no Himitsu (Hamster)
06.27.13 Sayonara Umihara Kawase (Agatsuma Entertainment)

spring Eliminage Gothic 3DS Remix: Ulm Zakir to Yami no Gishiki (Star*fish SD)

PS Vita

04.18.13 Slotter Mania V: Zettai Shouji II (Dorart)
04.25.13 Kajiri Kamui Kagura: Akebono no Hikari (Light)
04.25.13 Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity (Cyberfront)
04.25.13 NextRev: Dainishu Denki Koujishi Shiken (Media5)
04.25.13 NextRev: Daisanshu Denki Shunin Gijutsusha Shiken (Media5)
04.25.13 NextRev: Eiken (Media5)
04.25.13 PhotoKano Kiss (Kadokawa Games)
04.25.13 Sangoku Koisenki: Otome no Heihou! (Protoytpe)
04.25.13 TOEIC Test: Jissen Tokkun 2 (Media5)

05.23.13 Valhalla Knights 3 (Marvelous AQL)
05.30.13 Haiyore! Nyaruko-San: Nafushigatai Game no You na Mono (5pb.games)
05.30.13 NextRev: Hisho Kentei Shiken (Media5)

06.20.13 Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP (Compile Heart)
06.27.13 Memories Off 6 Complete (5pb.games)
06.27.13 Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku (5pb.games)

Wii U

04.24.13 Pokémon Scramble U (Pokémon Co.)

05.25.13 Resident Evil : Revelations - Unveiled Edition (Capcom)

06.09.13 Injustice: Gods Among Us (WB Games)

spring Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
spring Wii Fit U (Nintendo)
spring Wii U Panorama View (Nintendo)

maltrain

I would be happy if PS Vita sell around 30k units this week and around 50k next week with Pirate Warriors 2 on stores.

In fact, if PS Vita sell over 25k every week, I would be really happy.

Top Bottom