• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 14, 2015 (Mar 30- Apr 05)

This can't be the title. Tell me this isn't real.

no, it's me that added that "waifu" cause "geimu" translation, it was my weekly troll ;)

2 weeks ago there was "Dark Seoul 2 : Scholar of the first Corean" (cause google translated "Souls" into "Seoul") and last week "Persona 4 Dancing All Night with Tony, Fever Value Pack" (but anyone noticed it :D )

probably just comgnet being comgnet

comgnet is a chainstore about 17 (more or less) stores in Niigata prefecture, so when they make some particular discount it easily influences their weekly chart.

in the past I remember Psycho Break charting back (probably a huge price drop) and lately YW2 selling more than Shin'Uchi, probably they started to discount it as YW was at the end of 2014

as usual, comgnet chart is not very indicative for nationwide sales, but at least you know which games are selling better and which ones not

COMG! rankings should always we taken with a grain of salt. It's not a large chain so it's sales impact is small plus it seems their clientele is more Sony oriented . Using Smash Bros. Wii U as an example it had a first week of 278pts on comgnet or it sold 278 copies throughout all of its stores. So 278 of 227,527 copies Smash Bros. Wii U sold First week in all of Japan came from COMG! stores.

Like many others have said it's nice to get an idea of how games are doing but it's not indicative of sales all across Japan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is that Xenoblade 3D holding its position I am seeing or I am simply dreaming here?T_T
Yeah the game will continue to have legs for considering it's the only n3ds exclusive and not the worst game to own anyway. Well and it's quite cheap... Probably will get another small boost one XCX hits.

Wynnebeck

Banned
no, it's me that added that "waifu" cause "geimu" translation, it was my weekly troll ;)

2 weeks ago there was "Dark Seoul 2 : Scholar of the first Corean" (cause google translated "Souls" into "Seoul") and last week "Persona 4 Dancing All Night with Tony, Fever Value Pack" (but anyone noticed it :D )

200_s.gif

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw I keep hearing in the Project X Zone 2 threads that the first game sold well in the West. Is this just an assumption based on the JP sales? Or any idea whether there was an actual report saying the 1st game sold well?

It sold about 130K in JP according to japanltdrank, so it's better than I remembered (I remembered closer to 50K lol).

Busaiku

Btw I keep hearing in the Project X Zone 2 threads that the first game sold well in the West. Is this just an assumption based on the JP sales? Or any idea whether there was an actual report saying the 1st game sold well?

It sold about 130K in JP according to japanltdrank, so it's better than I remembered (I remembered closer to 50K lol).

Shipped 400k worldwide, per their press release.
Bandai Namco said:
With more than 400 000 units, the first episode of this Tactical-RPG series surprised not only fans but also press thanks to its massive line-up, stirring gameplay and unique humour! Among the famed returning licenses, Project X Zone 2 will feature Tekken, Tales of Vespiria, God Eater or .hack// series (Bandai Namco Entertainment), Devil May Cry, Megaman X and Resident Evil series (Capcom), Sakura Wars, Yakuza: Dead Souls and Virtua Fighter (SEGA).
Media Create had the 1st week shipment around 150k, so that's probably what it was in Japan. Digital probably wasn't too big in Japan, so probably 250k- outside of Japan.

hiska-kun

The problem was the shipment. Not sold yet.

FW
[3DS] Project X Zone <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.10.11} (¥6.280) - 85.539 / NEW <57,55%>

LTD
[3DS] Project X Zone <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.10.11} (¥6.280) - 133.339

Bruno MB

The problem was the shipment. Not sold yet.

FW
[3DS] Project X Zone <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.10.11} (¥6.280) - 85.539 / NEW <57,55%>

LTD
[3DS] Project X Zone <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.10.11} (¥6.280) - 133.339

I was surprised when I learned that a sequel had been announced. This is the typical game whose sequel is likely to perform way worse than the original title, but that's not unusual in Bandai Namco Entertainment :p

I checked Namco × Capcom sales and both sold exactly the same amount, the difference as you pointed out is that Project X Zone was overshipped.

[PS2] Namco x Capcom (Namco) {2005.05.26} - 85.427 / NEW <84,1%> (101.589 units shipped)
[PS2] Namco x Capcom (Namco) {2005.05.26} - 131.615 LTD

These are Famitsu sales, anyway both media Create and Famitsu agree in the amount of copies shipped for Project X Zone despite different first week sales.

lherre

Accurate
COMG! rankings should always we taken with a grain of salt. It's not a large chain so it's sales impact is small plus it seems their clientele is more Sony oriented . Using Smash Bros. Wii U as an example it had a first week of 278pts on comgnet or it sold 278 copies throughout all of its stores. So 278 of 227,527 copies Smash Bros. Wii U sold First week in all of Japan came from COMG! stores.

Like many others have said it's nice to get an idea of how games are doing but it's not indicative of sales all across Japan.

278 pre-orders fullfilled not only 278 copies at all.

lherre

Accurate
What?

Also, since he said "first week of 278 points" I'd have to assume he's talking about the weekly chart, not pre-order chart.

I mean that people could go the the shop and buy the game first week that is not account in the chart but are included in the media/famitsu first week numbers, right?

Or maybe I'm understanding wrong the comgmet points.

I mean that people could go the the shop and buy the game first week that is not account in the chart but are included in the media/famitsu first week numbers, right?

Or maybe I'm understanding wrong the comgmet points.

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

278 points in daily pre-order chart = 278 people pre-ordered the game in COMG stores.

278 points in weekly chart = 278 people walked into a COMG store and bought the game that week.

Both amounts would be accounted for in Media Create/Famitsu's first week numbers.

lherre

Accurate
I don't quite understand what you're saying.

278 points in daily pre-order chart = 278 people pre-ordered the game in COMG stores.

278 points in weekly chart = 278 people walked into a COMG store and bought the game that week.

Both amounts would be accounted for in Media Create/Famitsu's first week numbers.

I lost the reference to "daily" and "weekly" charts.

Nvm.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was surprised when I learned that a sequel had been announced. This is the typical game whose sequel is likely to perform way worse than the original title, but that's not unusual in Bandai Namco Entertainment :p

I checked Namco × Capcom sales and both sold exactly the same amount, the difference as you pointed out is that Project X Zone was overshipped.

[PS2] Namco x Capcom (Namco) {2005.05.26} - 85.427 / NEW <84,1%> (101.589 units shipped)
[PS2] Namco x Capcom (Namco) {2005.05.26} - 131.615 LTD

These are Famitsu sales, anyway both media Create and Famitsu agree in the amount of copies shipped for Project X Zone despite different first week sales.

Probably, but Namco is clearly aiming at the Western market, which is quite surprising to be honest (but there sales were great, so!).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is FE a sRPG? Because if so, then NI doesn't have any "near-monopoly".

And even accounting for digital sales, D5 is an outright bomb.

Yes, its an SRPG.

Given the number of mentions of the West and NISA in the original, we can add in the newest XCOM (it added a bunch of SRPG systems) which did 2.6 million on PC alone, so we're looking at ~3.5-4 million people who are willing to buy the same game in this genre.

I haven't cared for Pokemon since the GBA but this Yokai Watch plague is seriously disturbing to me. It's gonna burn out soon and not go on for over 20 years, right?

yeah, don't worry, YW bubble should explode in 2016, L5 is milking too much the brand, sales will decrease soon, it will be another Inazuma and Layton

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, don't worry, YW bubble should explode in 2016, L5 is milking too much the brand, sales will decrease soon, it will be another Inazuma and Layton
I'm skeptical on that. While I think there will be some decline down the road I see LVL5 maintaining the franchise for a good while.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I still do think they're releasing too many games in the series... but they're making bank while doing so, so who cares =P.

At least this one (Busters) is a spinoff, leaving the actual main game to be yearly.

ILoveBish

So, Star Ocean 5, what can we expect from it? :p

Lots of people saying it should be a 3ds exclusive instead? Oh you mean from the game, not the thread. Yah, i dunno. The last one came out on 360 first then ps3 later. And was a technical mess if i recall. Who knows.

L~A

Guess who's getting a Taiko Drum Master game in July?

Hint: not the Wii U. Or the PS4. Or the PS3. Or the PSP.
Or the 3DS

Yup, the Xbox O... I mean PSV!

Source

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Or the 3DS

Source

Uh. It's probably like they did last gen: trying to get the game on Sony platforms too, outside of 3DS and Wii U. The second best console is Vita indeed, so (while I don't think it'll do that well) it can be tried once.

crinale

Or the 3DS

Source

Obviously they're changing songs to cater PS crowd (they always do that).
(Fate, Railgun, Sword Art Online, Gundam, Ys, Hatsune Miku songs and such)

L~A

PS4 will get this holiday's Taiko no Tatsujin.

Believe!

Well, if they want their Christmas Taiko, they don't have any other choice. They already had 2 Taiko on Wii U, and PS4/3 is pretty much the only platform left.

Family party game on PS4, heeeeeh.

Top Bottom