• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 24, 2015 (Jun 08 - Jun 14)

Nobody refuses to read that writing. But the threads about that are locked :p
Edit: The second part is really dumb though. Sorry to say that, but it's Gamefaqs/poor troll tier.
Care to elaborate. I'm complete open to be proven wrong with time. The unpredictable and unknown can occur as Zsaber notes.

But there's nothing "troll tier" about seeing that scenario as a gradual exit from competing meaningfully in the segment. (An entirely appropriate response given the changed market and inability to compete in it.)

I'm proud to confirm that a number of GAF members have been able to successfully come together to fund the purchase of "The Media Create Whitebook 2015".

The Media Create whitebook is an annual publication released in Japan that describes the Japanese game industry for the year gone. It contains detailed hardware and software analysis, the top 1000 selling titles for 2014 and predictions for the future. The book also looks at different segments of the markets and draws conclusions from the available data.

Shortly we will be able to see data from this book being posted on GAF so please look forward to it.

For now, please thank GAF members: Hiska-Kun, Manjimaru, Road, Vena, E-Phonk, Saichi, BlowoverKing, Fisico, alcabcucu & Dee Dee for making this possible.

Awesome stuff. Much thanks to everyone who contributed.

If possible I would really appreciated it if the forecast part got translated. Really looking forward to read where Media Create see the market is heading in the next upcoming years.

Alrus

Why buy the crappy looking 3DS version when you can buy the mobile version for a fraction of the price?

Yeah I know, I never expected this to do insanely well but I thought maybe the additional content would convince people to buy it.

QaaQer

Storm seems like a really nice person from what i' ve seen of him in the boards.

BUT

XD

He was pretty of the mark with his Wii U speculations/sources. Even people with zero sources or insight were more right about how the console turn out.

Just a friendly warning. Not saying he is right or wrong for this round.

?

Speculations, yeah. Sources? Naw.

Bruno MB

Why do you think that Dragon Quest VIII 3DS is not going to sell well? I have it in my list of potential million seller titles for this year.

If you solely go by Comgnet then your comments don't make sense since it has more preorders than Dragon Quest VII during the same timeframe prior to its release.

A request/suggestion:

Since the YSO predictions (at least the ones i' ve seen so far) seem to be very accurate, can the ones for the next week be included in the first post of each thread?

Even if the sizes of this threads are not way beyond 10 pages, for someone that is not so active there's a chance one might miss them. It's kind of sad also missing the very interesting posts made by some of the regulars with close ties to Japan.

A request/suggestion:

Since the YSO predictions (at least the ones i' ve seen so far) seem to be very accurate, can the ones for the next week be included in the first post of each thread?

Even if the sizes of this threads are not way beyond 10 pages, for someone that is not so active there's a chance one might miss them. It's kind of sad also missing the very interesting posts made by some of the regulars with close ties to Japan.

lol I find this funny coming right after an 0/3 performance this week

Alrus

Why do you think that Dragon Quest VIII 3DS is not going to sell well? I have it in my list of potential million seller titles for this year.

If you solely go by Comgnet then your comments don't make sense since it has more preorders than Dragon Quest VII during the same timeframe prior to its release.

I actually thought DQ VII's number was higher, nvm then. But other than that it was more about how previous DQ games on the 3DS were improved remake of old games, instead of downgrades. This is a purely aesthetic point of view and it might not matter much to the general public though.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
3DS' line-up is quite solid in Japan, it's incredible:

Rhythm Heaven (already released)
Fire Emblem
Ace Attorney
Youkai Watch Busters
Animal Crossing
Dragon Quest
Monster Hunter Diary
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter X
Youkai Watch 3
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

I'm sure I may be missing a few, but damn.

I actually thought DQ VII's number was higher, nvm then. But other than that it was more about how previous DQ games on the 3DS were improved remake of old games, instead of downgrades. This is a purely aesthetic point of view and it might not matter much to the general public though.

I think the bigger question mark is the slowdown in sales for a lot of third-party 3DS software outside of things like YW. I mean Bravely Second had unique circumstances(it looked cheap, came out too late) but 150K is still pretty poor for a system with a 20 million install base. And a lot of the same criticisms that can be leveled against Bravely Second regarding it looking cheap could also potentially be aimed at DQVIII.

I have no doubt it will sell well, but I suspect it will sell substantially worse than it would have in 2013.

COMG chart June 18, 2015

01. [3DS] Youkai Watch Busters (combined) - 432pt
02. [3DS] Fire Emblem if (combined) - 182pt
03. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai (combined) - 178pt
04. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII - 79pt
05. [PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (combined) - 79pt
06. [PS4] FINAL FANTASY XIV Blue Sky of Ishugarudo - 49pt
07. [PSV] IA / VT -COLORFUL- (combined) - 45pt
08. [3DS] Fire Emblem if (double pack) - 40pt
09. [PSV] Taiko Drum Master V version - 25pt
10. [PS4] METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (limited) - 24pt
11. [3DS] Super Robot Wars BX - 22pt
12. [3DS] Day Gyakuten Saiban (regular) - 22pt
13. [PS3] Sengoku BASARA4 Emperor (regular) - 21pt
14. [PC] Shenmue 3 - 20pt
15. [PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (limited) - 20pt

Is Shenmue 3 being on there supposed to be a joke or something? If not then I must be blind since I don't see it on their website lol

hiska-kun

Media Create Sell-Through

01./00. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.06.11} (¥5.076) - 157.591 / NEW <81,56%> [Units Shipped => 193.221]

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

01./00. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.06.11} (¥5.076) - 157.591 / NEW <81,56%> [Units Shipped => 193.221]

And people said I was crazy about the 200k shipment.

Smh

hiska-kun

First Day Sell-Through {2015.06.18}

[3DS] Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale <RPG> (Marvelous) (¥6.458) - 50%

[PS4] Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition <ACT> (Capcom) (¥4.849) - 50-60% (not a big shipment)

horuhe

3DS' line-up is quite solid in Japan, it's incredible:

Rhythm Heaven (already released)
Fire Emblem
Ace Attorney
Youkai Watch Busters
Animal Crossing
Dragon Quest
Monster Hunter Diary
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter X
Youkai Watch 3
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

I'm sure I may be missing a few, but damn.

Yeah, pretty big. Wonder if this year 3DS can break its own record of million sellers in Japan. From that list GAFers, how many have the potential to be million sellers?

random25

Yeah, pretty big. Wonder if this year 3DS can break its own record of million sellers in Japan. From that list GAFers, how many have the potential to be million sellers?

It can't beat last year's for sure. IMO, the safe million sellers from that list will be:

Rhythm Heaven
Youkai Watch Busters
Animal Crossing HHD
Dragon Quest VIII
Monster Hunter X
Youkai Watch 3

Crema

It can't beat last year's for sure. IMO, the safe million sellers from that list will be:

Rhythm Heaven
Youkai Watch Busters
Animal Crossing HHD
Dragon Quest VIII
Monster Hunter X
Youkai Watch 3

Rhythm heaven will be a bit of a stretch won't it? Needs to sell 850,000 in 28 weeks. Can't see it hitting ~30,000 a week average.

random25

Rhythm heaven will be a bit of a stretch won't it? Needs to sell 850,000 in 28 weeks. Can't see it hitting ~30,000 a week average.

I was thinking LTD, but yeah if we're just basing sales at the end of this year RH won't reach a million I agree.

Crema

I was thinking LTD, but yeah if we're just basing sales at the end of this year RH won't reach a million I agree.

Oh right yeah sorry. Should leg it out eventually.

What are people's thoughts on Yokai Watch Busters? COMG (weak estimator that it is) isn't really suggesting massive pre-order hype. Somewhere around 1M LtD or is it just a case of the younger target audience not being day one buyers?

hiska-kun

What are people's thoughts on Yokai Watch Busters? COMG (weak estimator that it is) isn't really suggesting massive pre-order hype. Somewhere around 1M LtD or is it just a case of the younger target audience not being day one buyers?

It won't sell a million first week (it's not a main entry), but it will reach it eventually.

horuhe

Rhythm Heaven
Youkai Watch Busters
Animal Crossing HHD
Dragon Quest VIII
Monster Hunter X
Youkai Watch 3

Sorry for that, I meant YTD, but thanks for giving your opinion. Those may seem plausible candidates, though.

Yes, is not suggesting it, but I think we have to give it a bit of time. I just remembered that yesterday was released the Single CD of the actual's anime theme. And, although I don't know if it is airing at the moment, I think it may help even Shin Uchi.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Someone posted in the past that DQVIII is doing bad at comgnet (which isn't true either) and since then we have another "comgnet -> Japan situation"

Orgen

Someone posted in the past that DQVIII is doing bad at comgnet (which isn't true either) and since then we have another "comgnet -> Japan situation"

Yep. It's a guaranteed million seller, the question (as every DQ remake since the DS ones) is if it can reach 1.5 million or it'll be stuck in the 1.2-1.3 range as the others.

And thanks to all the people who contributed to the MC paper! :D

COMG are 14 shops and they are tracked by Famitsu, they are not on the Moon or approaching Pluto with New Horizons....
is that a reference for the national market ? absolutely not, but in the same way as a single shop in Tokyo is not a reference

your comment reminds me when i was pointing out how low were preorders for P&DSMB, while even on Amazon the game was never on high positions.

And do you know current DQ8 position on Amazon ?

COMG are 14 shops and they are tracked by Famitsu, they are not on the Moon or approaching Pluto with New Horizons....
is that a reference for the national market ? absolutely not, but in the same way as a single shop in Tokyo is not a reference

your comment reminds me when i was pointing out how low were preorders for P&DSMB, while even on Amazon the game was never on high positions.

And do you know current DQ8 position on Amazon ?

Orgen

when I post comgnet charts I never said "comgnet = japan"

stop bullshits please

He never said that you said "comgnet = Japan". Or am I missing something here?

Anyway you seem to imply a "not so good" performance for DQ VIII in your posts, so do you have a prediction? I'm pretty sure its LTD will be > 1.2 million

L~A

Ha, the English website hasn't been updated for... what, 4 weeks now?

First Day Sell-Through {2015.06.18}

[3DS] Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale <RPG> (Marvelous) (¥6.458) - 50%

Really curious to see how this one is going to perform.

I'm proud to confirm that a number of GAF members have been able to successfully come together to fund the purchase of "The Media Create Whitebook 2015".

The Media Create whitebook is an annual publication released in Japan that describes the Japanese game industry for the year gone. It contains detailed hardware and software analysis, the top 1000 selling titles for 2014 and predictions for the future. The book also looks at different segments of the markets and draws conclusions from the available data.

Shortly we will be able to see data from this book being posted on GAF so please look forward to it.

For now, please thank GAF members: Hiska-Kun, Manjimaru, Road, Vena, E-Phonk, Saichi, BlowoverKing, Fisico, alcabcucu & Dee Dee for making this possible.

Aww sh****t. I totally forgot about. I wanted to donate some money too : /

Oh well, thanks in advance for all the data!

I still think DQVIII might perform closer to DQM than DQVII due to the existence of the mobile version.
I suspect the same thing. It's a port, and it's a port of a game that not too long ago had a port on another, arguably more popular platform. What's the price difference between Dragon Quest VIII on mobile and on 3DS anyway?

allan-bh

Amazing news. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

CANLI

Bought the game digitally. Fan of rhythm tengoku games since the gba version.
Best+ is.. :~((...
...disappointing &#128546;

They shortened the time by 50-60 % of the mini games. Until now, even for the DS games, there is no stylus gameplay.
they remade the music dor each stage but most of them aren't as good as the old games..
There's now an history, same like the taiko 3ds games...

Sorry to break your heart fans. After the e3, nintt ripped me off again..

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
when I post comgnet charts I never said "comgnet = japan"

stop bullshits please

Jeez...

Did I mention your name somewhere with "comgnet = japan"? There are many other comgnet obsessed in here, you are not alone if you think you belong to that group.

IJAt2kn.gif

Top Bottom