• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 32, 2011 (Aug 08 - Aug 14)

Mpl90 said:
Zelda rising is strange, but probably it is due to the fact it COULD have had a week not so lower than the precedent, and due to a general post Obon fall, it grew on charts while decreased in mere units sold.
All those new 3DS owners didn't buy Zelda last week though. The base increase should continually help more popular catalog titles.

Chris1964 said:
Is Famitsu saying that Zelda and Wii Sports went up at sales or I didn't understand?

It's saying that they rose back up in the rankings(Zelda wasn't in the charts last week), not particularly talking about sales.`

Edit:

Not to get too into depth with this: but you wouldn't use 浮上 to talk(specifically) about an increase in sales, you'd use it to talk specifically about a position, aka chart position not amount of sales.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
It's saying that they rose back up in the rankings(Zelda wasn't in the charts last week), not particularly talking about sales.
Zelda was 8th last week but Rhythm Heaven also went drom 3rd to 1st ant it's not mentioned.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, we'll find out soon.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
It's saying that they rose back up in the rankings(Zelda wasn't in the charts last week), not particularly talking about sales.

Zelda last week was eight.

cvxfreak

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Not to get too into depth with this: but you wouldn't use 浮上 to talk(specifically) about an increase in sales, you'd use it to talk specifically about a position, aka chart position not amount of sales.

I would use the term "leap into prominence" myself.

Spiegel

EDIT:

Numbers

3DS 105,639
PSP 40,888
PS3 29,666
Wii 18,256
DSi LL 4,329
DSi 3,585
PS2 1,789
Xbox 360 1,427
DS Lite 117
PSP go 13

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20110824040/

With the last two announcements I just realized that PS3 is going to have one of the best lineups in a long time.

Between now and the end of the year:

- MHP3HD
- Ninokuni
- Gundam Vs Extreme
- WE 2012
- Sengoku Musou 3 Empires
- BioHazard: Revival Selection
- Tales of Xillia
- ICO / SOTC
- Dark Souls
- Shin Sangoku Musou 6 Moushouden
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- Dead Rising 2: off the Record
- Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa
- Idolmaster 2
- Uncharted 3
- MGS 2 & 3
- MGS: PW
- Battlefield 3
- Sengoku Basara 3 Utage
- UMvsC 3
- Saint Seiya Senki
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Blast
- FFXIII-2

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spiegel said:
With the last two announcements I just realized that PS3 is going to have one of the best lineups in a long time.

Between now and the end of the year:

- MHP3HD
- Ninokuni
- Gundam Vs Extreme
- WE 2012
- Sengoku Musou 3 Empires
- BioHazard: Revival Selection
- Tales of Xillia
- ICO / SOTC
- Dark Souls
- Shin Sangoku Musou 6 Moushouden
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- Dead Rising 2: off the Record
- Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa
- Idolmaster 2
- Uncharted 3
- MGS 2 & 3
- MGS: PW
- Battlefield 3
- Sengoku Basara 3 Utage
- UMvsC 3
- Saint Seiya Senki
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Blast
- FFXIII-2

I can't tell if these titles are being selected for quality or for sales prominence or both.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendogs 12k, when last week it did 16k
VERY interesting

Blablurn said:
ps2 beats xbox360 again, wow : D
Is this just a running joke, or are people actually following this "battle"? It keeps getting mentioned all the time while it's completely irrelevant.

Good for 3DS.
Nice bump for the PS3 as well.

Spiegel

Stumpokapow said:
I can't tell if these titles are being selected for quality or for sales prominence or both.

Sales, mostly. I think all of them have a chance of selling 100k+

I included Battlefield because COD sells great now in Japan so maybe it can surprise us and get some of these sales and U2 sold >100k

The compilations (RE:Revival, ICO/SOTC and MGS) are a bit harder to predict

Mpl90 said:
Nintendogs 12k, when last week it did 16k
VERY interesting

Also Zelda put good numbers.
I think that 3DS is performing good overall; let's see where it'll stabilize in few weeks. Hoping for a 50-60k on a weekly basis, even if with those scarse line-up for september it will hard.
Anyway, surprised by the 100k mark reached this week.

test_account said:
For the 3DS to reach over 4 million within 2011, it would have to sell about 139k in average for the next 18 weeks. The 3DS would have to have an amazing holiday season to achieve that i think.
Yeah, it'd have to behave pretty much like original DS did in late 2005.
2005-08-29

Top Bottom