• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2013 (Sep 30 - Oct 06)

Spiegel

Monstrous. Catching Black and White with the DS's install base being what it was was clearly not going to happen, but to handily outpace Diamond and Pearl to such a degree is a great success. If its legs are closer to DP's than BW... holy crap.

Supply is the key.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If I'm honest, I'm kinda dreading the numbers. I think they'll be 'holy shit' low.

Oh, c'mon: new colors and new model will be somehow relevant, don't you think? Vita (unlike the Wii U) showed the capability to respond to games release, price cut, etc...

Yea, the Vita 2000 numbers I feel will be really bad.

I'm still amazed there was someone here that felt it would completely save the Vita.

I can't wait to see the Pokémon numbers myself.

marrec

Banned
If I'm honest, I'm kinda dreading the numbers. I think they'll be 'holy shit' low.

I'm hunkered down in my bomb shelter with MREs for days and prepared for the worst.

It'll be months before I peak my head out and see if the mutants have killed each other off.

Memino

Banned
I'm still amazed there was someone here that felt it would completely save the Vita.

It was probably more out of hope than anything else, seeing a beautiful console like that sitting there day in day out not getting played is enough to drive anyone mad, I should know :( if it sold more it would surely get more support

Taker666

I don't. Around 50k wouldn't surprise me.

All models charted very well on Amazon Japan at least..and have zoomed up the charts again now (I presume due to a restock).

I don't know why it should sell well considering it's worse in some areas than the older model....but I think it will do decently.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
under 10k? Really? that sounds extremely pessimistic with a new model, new colours and everything

Acosta

Yea, the Vita 2000 numbers I feel will be really bad.

I can't wait to see the Pokémon numbers myself.

Who thought that?

The Vita is as "saved" as it can reasonably be. Expecting huge spikes without some kind of absolutely killer game is denial. PSP 2000 just can make it a bit better at the short and middle range, nothing more.

I won't even bother to imagine a number for this week, whatever it is it will be lower :p

Nibel

#Team15K

Don't be so pessimistic! I feel from all the systems available the Vita surprised us again and again with its numbers

L~A

By the way, I believe the 3DS 2013LTD should catch up with the 2012LTD pretty soon... maybe even this week.

And I think we might see a winner in the Wii U/Vita brawl this week... maybe.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
10k is nuts. If Dave is saying 10k, it's at least 20k. Dave has to underestimate Vita sales every time, if he doesn't Vita is in a really bad shape ;).

Lexxism

By the way, I believe the 3DS 2013LTD should catch up with the 2012LTD pretty soon... maybe even this week.

And I think we might see a winner in the Wii U/Vita brawl this week... maybe.

It already catch up last week with pokemon.

SmokyDave

10k is nuts. If Dave is saying 10k, it's at least 20k. Dave has to underestimate Vita sales every time, if he doesn't Vita is in a really bad shape ;).
Nah, I give my honest prediction. I might be a little over-pessimistic after watching the Vita sliding over the last month or so though. I just don't think Japan wants anything that isn't the 3DS. The device has a near monopoly.

It already catch up last week with pokemon.
It didn't, but it'll overtake it this week.

Edit: 60k for Vita?! SIXTY KAY! My goodness, I'm getting drunk tonight and listening to Kool & the Gang on repeat, that's a great number!

Nah, I give my honest prediction. I might be a little over-pessimistic after watching the Vita sliding over the last month or so though. I just don't think Japan wants anything that isn't the 3DS. The device has a near monopoly.

It didn't, but it'll overtake it this week.
Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

tumblr_mgbkr2B0Ur1s27u2qo1_400.gif

EDIT: Also, impressive GTA numbers.

NeonZ

Pokémon series:

[NGB] Pokémon Red / Green / Blue (Nintendo) {1996.02.27} - 140.074 / 7.783.101

Shouldn't Blue be separated from Red and Green? In Japan, it was an updated late release like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.

Top Bottom