• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2011 (Nov 28 - Dec 04)

cvxfreak

l_4ee2b8572d67c.jpg

Second shipment confirmed!

I see a photoshop opportunity.

Hero

Hey does that one dude that was ALWAYS in pictures from the system and big game launches still working at that store? It's kind of weird since he seemed to always work the really important days. I kind of want a backstory or interview of him.

udivision

Hey does that one dude that was ALWAYS in pictures from the system and big game launches still working at that store? It's kind of weird since he seemed to always work the really important days. I kind of want a backstory or interview of him.

"It's my job."

cvxfreak

It begins.

Only people who pre-ordered can pick up the game at Yodobashi Akiba now.

They are taking pre-orders for a Dec. 15 restock... Damnit Capcom, you lowballed.

watershed

Banned
Sold out every copy? Bundle, alone, hardware bundle? That's impressive. I wonder how many slide pad expansions have sold vs how many were shipped. If this game makes the slide pad expansion popular future 3rd party games will benefit.

Edit: Having to wait till the 15th is gonna suck.

RE: New Legend of Zelda -- why do you think Nintendo has yet to resort to this? They obviously didn't have a problem doing it with Mario, so why have they been shy about doing it with Zelda? The series obviously needs a reboot of sorts, and taking it back to its roots -- gameplay-wise and graphics-wise, a la NSMBW -- could be one way of achieving that. It confuses me to no end...

Unlike 2D Mario, 2D Zelda doesn't out sell it. 2D Mario sells 4-6 million in Japan compared to 3D Mario which sells around a million(plus or minus a few 100K). With 3D Zelda, it is the highest selling entries. I believe OoT and PH are the top 2 highest selling Zelda games. Although, I believe Zelda, Zelda 2 and ALttP have insufficient data to go by. However, more recent 2D Zelda efforts haven't gone over that well.

It begins.

Only people who pre-ordered can pick up the game at Yodobashi Akiba now.

They are taking pre-orders for a Dec. 15 restock... Damnit Capcom, you lowballed.

It'll suffer mass shortages and sell out it's entire first shipment within the first day or two.

That would be a miracle if they could get 3DS cards printed that quickly! (In time for the 1st or 2nd day of launch. I still remember what happened to FF3 DS...)

Nostradamus strikes again :D

For my next prediction.

l_4ee2b85934f77.jpg

This picture will become the new "Anyone up for Pokemon Dash?" picture for these MC threads.

watershed

Banned
So far we only know of it being sold out at one retailer right? If every store has to wait till the 15th for a restock that seems like a big snafu by capcom. Do we know if any stores had a second shipment? There were those pics of boxes earlier.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So far we only know of it being sold out at one retailer right? If every store has to wait till the 15th for a restock that seems like a big snafu by capcom. Do we know if any stores had a second shipment? There were those pics of boxes earlier.

l_4ee2b8572d67c.jpg

Yeah. Maybe...
However, even if it does "only" 450k with the first shipment, it'll sell huge numbers in the following weeks.

And it'll be over 800k just in time for the end of Holidays.

watershed

Banned
l_4ee2b8572d67c.jpg

Yeah. Maybe...
However, even if it does "only" 450k with the first shipment, it'll sell huge numbers in the following weeks.

I'm sure this game has done great, especially if it sold through its entire first shipment, doesn't get better than that. What I was wondering is if some stores actually had a "second shipment" or restocked their shelves midday. I'm hoping some news source will give some official info tomorrow, or maybe Capcom themselves will release some brag PR.

Madao

Could be because TP was one of the highest selling console Zelda games so Nintendo is just sticking to what they are doing with the series.

while TP was one of the highest selling zeldas worldwide, it sold pretty bad in japan. even MM outsold it there and that game was on the low end of the series' overall sales.

they're in a very tough spot concerning the series. if they bring the TWW style to consoles again, they risk losing western sales like in the GC days and, if they keep their current style, they'll keep selling bad in japan.i'd think it depends on what side of the world gives more profit to them (weakening dollars/euros vs strong yen don't help either) and what style they prefer but either way they'd lose somewhere. it isn't like with 2D mario where just bringing it back was a full win-win.

cvxfreak

Just passed through the big game shops in Shibuya. If the game is still in stock tomorrow night, I'd be very surprised.

Yeah. Maybe...

That image really means nothing as we have no idea when it was taken. I'm not sure why anyone would assume it's a restock as that seems very unlikely to me and is more wishful thinking.

At least there´ll be a restock right in time before the Vita launch.

On this note if they only ship 400K or so this week what are the chances that it can sell a similar amount next week? Would be pretty impressive if they could match or beat the firs week sales in the second week.

Laguna

Banned
On this note if they only ship 400K or so this week what are the chances that it can sell a similar amount next week? Would be pretty impressive if they could match or beat the firs week sales in the second week.

I doubt Capcom can ship this many next week but if they could it probably would sell as well.

Blablurn

man, i love following these monster hunter tri g shipment updates. thank u guys for all the latest posts. when i played the first monster hunter on ps2 i thought it was just plain boring... and then it became one of the biggest phenomens in japan. outstanding.

DiscoJer

man, i love following these monster hunter tri g shipment updates. thank u guys for all the latest posts. when i played the first monster hunter on ps2 i thought it was just plain boring... and then it became one of the biggest phenomens in japan. outstanding.

That's because you played it by yourself.

The secret to MH's success in Japan is people playing it together. Sort of like how LAN parties in the West used to be big...FPSes were popular, but it was multiplayer that made them really really popular.

RE: New Legend of Zelda -- why do you think Nintendo has yet to resort to this? They obviously didn't have a problem doing it with Mario, so why have they been shy about doing it with Zelda? The series obviously needs a reboot of sorts, and taking it back to its roots -- gameplay-wise and graphics-wise, a la NSMBW -- could be one way of achieving that. It confuses me to no end...

Because OoT is the highest selling entry in the franchise. That's why that game has become the model on which all the other games are based. With Mario, there's quite a gap between 2D and 3D sales.

Blablurn

That's because you played it by yourself.

The secret to MH's success in Japan is people playing it together. Sort of like how LAN parties in the West used to be big...FPSes were popular, but it was multiplayer that made them really really popular.

guess, this might be true. too bad monster hunter is not that popular here in germany. would love to play some rounds with some of my friends. but they either dont care about gaming, or they dont even know monster hunter :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
guess, this might be true. too bad monster hunter is not that popular here in germany. would love to play some rounds with some of my friends. but they either dont care about gaming, or they dont even know monster hunter :D

...But Germany is the only place where even MH on PSP did well! XD

Blablurn

...But Germany is the only place where even MH on PSP did well! XD

yeah, i remember the charts... but still... its not like japan where u can go on the streets and find people who are playing monster hunter :D maybe i just wait for that one handheld version which supports online. i heard the wii versions multiplayer mode was not too bad.

mclem

Thinking ahead to when MC numbers for this week appears: I wonder if Mario Kart will outsell MH3G, given the apparent stock issues and the approaching EasterChristmas?

Top Bottom