• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mediocre Chicago Style Pizza Produces Moderator Power Struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see DC jumbo slice earning a place.

Not the best tasting, but definitely the most economical for your run of the mill student drunk

Zombine

Banned
That's not even pizza. You eat it with a fuckin knife and fork. Why not throw in a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sing me happy birthday when you serve that garbage to me.

New York pizza is shit, as a native New Yorker, but Chicago deep dish is an even bigger fucking joke. TripAdvisor talking out of their ass.

American Pizza
4Head.png

Cg6FaeK.gif

As an Italian, I use to laugh at what was considered good pizza in the states, then I moved to Korea and realised even American pizza is 100 times better than what you get here.

PG2G

The list is solid, though, if only because Los Angeles isn't on it. It is impossible to find good pizza in this city, mainly because 95% of the pizza places are trying to emulate NYC pizza and failing.

While I wouldn't say LA belongs on the list, there is plenty of great pizza here.

Its just they are typically nicer restaurants like Pizzeria Mozza and Milo & Olive, not your typical small hole in the wall by the slice kind of spots

Ethelwulf

As someone who has spent a lot of time in Italy - lol Italian pizza compared to NY Pizza. There's no comparison whatsoever. Even a lot of them know it.

Italian pizza is amazing, specially that from Napoli imo. Same goes for New York and Chicago pizza. Why there's always a need to name the best everything?

Deep pan > thin and crispy all day every day, but Chicago's pizza is 2deep4me. Doesn't even resemble pizza anymore. More like a quiche with a bread base, lol.

jacobeid

Banned
Nobody cares about pizza when New York has the bagels.

PS. not from either. Both have great pizza. Chicago definitively has better hot dogs though.

eso76

As an Italian, I use to laugh at what was considered good pizza in the states, then I moved to Korea and realised even American pizza is 100 times better than what you get here.

Someone on NeoGaf was arguing Italian pizza wasn't as good as US Pizza because in Italy they don't use hide your pizza under overwhelming amounts of more or less pertinent toppings

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm New Yorker and I love both!

But good luck folding a deep dish pizza on your way to catching the subway lol

When people talk about Chicago pizza, they naturally assume the discussion is about deep dish. I will put our thin crust pizza up against any other city, it's fantastic and very different than New York style.

I'm from the Chicagoland area, originally. I really dislike deep dish pizza.

Thankfully, there is a place in Chicago called Pizanos which was probably the best pizza I've ever had. Flat style pizza, none of that deep dish nonsense.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Get out of here with the savory cake. That's as close to pizza as that abomination with pineapple on it.

Italian or bust

Bildocube

Yeah, I agree with this. I've been to NYC and found the pizza there to be great but not as good as Chicago deep dish. Sorry New Yorkers.

WedgeX

Banned
Chicago pizza is delicious. NY pizza is pretty standard and also delicious.

DC sure as fuck does not deserve to be on there. We The Pizza is mediocre and only good by comparison to the crap pizza offered elsewhere in the city, although Matchbox is legit. Especially the fire & smoke.

SilentRob

I just googled "Chicago Pizza".

What. That's not pizza. That's a cake. Do you want to eat a Cheese-Tomato-Cake? Go ahead! I'm sure it's great. But don't pretend it's pizza. It is not pizza.

God has given us pizza. How dare you creating this abomination, this monument of man playing god and putting it in the same basket as the thin-sliced tomato-heaven some kind of Italian Jesus passed down to us thousands of years ago?

How dare you.

friday

Thankfully you don't have to live in places like NYC and Chicago to get great pizza now. To hell with this competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom