• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet Kazuga Ichiban, the Yakuza series new protagonist

Rymuth

DIJjpWUVoAECVN-.jpg

DIJkUakVwAA3PJe.jpg

Star of Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku Project (New Yakuza series Project), he's taking over as series lead and will be making an appearance in Yakuza Online as well.

Trailer - https://youtu.be/CX09BHL2A4M

As for Kiryu, well--let's just say he's got some biker heads to crush with his fingertips.

~Cross~

Dont know if I like the japanfro but the first pic makes it look like someones dissing on it which is bound to lead to funny scenarios.

RSchmitz

He looks old hopefully he's interesting enough to carry the series for years because the evolving story is what I love in Yakuza.

ZeroX03

Banned
Drawing looks like a badass kind of evil guy

Render next to it looks like a second in command to a big bad

The in-game model looks more like a goofball, which is kinda charming

jonno394

Don't worry guys, it's gonna be like Yakuza 4 where you start out as Akiyama and then Kiryu returns!

I like the look of the guy though, but Yakuza=Kiryu for me.

Larsa

Really glad that it's an actual new character. He looks like a dirty and rowdy boy, I'm a fan. Ichiban is a great and goofy name for the protagonist.

His hair in the concept art looks nothing like his 3D render. It's like they tried to replicate it and was like "Fuck it! Just give him an afro!"

Banned
The second pic bottom right concept looks really tight, the 3D model of him however looks a bit too scruffy around the edges? A little hobo like, make him look more sharp like the concept art and we good.

DIJjpWUVoAECVN-.jpg

DIJkUakVwAA3PJe.jpg

Star of Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku Project (New Yakuza series Project), he's taking over as series lead and will be making an appearance in Yakuza Online as well.

As for Kiryu, well--let's just say he's got some biker heads to crush with his fingertips.

Howard Stern is a Yakuza Main Character now?

Top Bottom