• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaSphere - sci fi action platformer with physics, guns, destructible environments

Dev showing off a new gun
DelightfulColorlessBoutu.gif

RM8

Looks gorgeous. But I think I see rotating sprites and that will always bother me to no end. Not that it'll prevent me from loving this game, but still. I can deal with other modern effects in pixel art games, but not flash-like rotating objects :[
Give it to me, though!

Feep

Banned
Game looks unbelievably beautiful (DAT SPRITE LAMP) but I absolutely despise randomly generated content, especially in a genre that benefits so heavily from carefully designed worlds.

May check it out anyway, depending on reviews.

Game looks unbelievably beautiful (DAT SPRITE LAMP) but I absolutely despise randomly generated content, especially in a genre that benefits so heavily from carefully designed worlds.

May check it out anyway, depending on reviews.
Since there's going to be a story and cutscenes, hopefully the game will have more of a cohesive feel than just random levels

"Doom Station"

Info from the Steam page on the plans for the full game
Beautiful environments to explore, set in AI-dominated world
Crazy and fun new mechanics to keep players interested:
MegaSphere is not only platforming, guns and robots, but also zero-g navigation, AI hacking, ability to control mechs and ships…
Mind-blowing, deep plot with twists and turns
Professionally narrated logs and notes to discover, store and read/listen to
New enemies and bosses to tear servo-from-servo
More stuff: guns, enemies, bosses, upgrades, suit modifications..

And what the alpha will offer
Unlimited replayability in a randomized level that challenges you every time you restart
7 awesome weapons, 5 upgrades, each having 3 tiers leading to more than a hundred combinations
10 enemies out of 4 basic types, with up to 4 variations
Dynamic soundtrack that changes and adapts to events on screen
Item shops to buy ultimate doom-bringers and sell your loot
A short arc of the main story that involves the events of the bigger game
A very special mini-boss that will give you the taste of what to expect in the final game!

This is like next gen "abuse" with teeth! Wow!
Thanks for bumping this thread, now I know this game exists!
Looking forward to playing this

Been following the game on twitter by quite some time, the developer is an amazing guy, super talented and nice
Yeah, his Twitter posts before/during putting up the game to preorder were very genuine and down-to-the-earth

I really want to continue at current pace, but I’m out of money. I have an option to take on some design job and delay work on MegaSphere.
---
Or I can set up donations/preorders and try to continue living off that.
---
Would you support me and development of Megasphere?
My hands are shaking.
Everybody who supports MegaSphere and me, thank you all very very much. You're changing my life and I couldn't do it without you.
---
Smiling all day, thanks to you.

Game seems to have a more narrative-focused summary now
Play as a special ops combat unit sent to investigate why the stars around Solar System are going dark in MegaSphere, a story-based post-cyberpunk action platformer adventure game of supermassive scale set in early 22nd century: smart guns, robots, self-reconstructing environments, and vast AIs.

nCLBZU1.gif

drotahorror

Went ahead and preordered. Had been waiting for it to pop up on Steam, but figured I'd just go ahead and support, didn't even know I could preorder til I seen this thread though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The aesthetics are off the charts. I hope it feels a lot more crisp than, say, Intrusion 2, which is the closest point of comparison I can think of for the character movement and aiming.

Decado

The aesthetics are off the charts. I hope it feels a lot more crisp than, say, Intrusion 2, which is the closest point of comparison I can think of for the character movement and aiming.

Which is the worrying part. Couldn't get into Intrusion 2 because of its movement and animation.

Game is releasing on Steam Early Access on August 25th
And there will be a demo (definitely through itch.io, maybe not on Steam)

imRfK0n.gif

kch

This looks amazing! And yes good old 'Abuse' was the first thing that came to mind, which is a very good thing! Dev shall have my Euros.

You guys think it'll be worth during a new thread for the Early Access release? Considering how popular the game and dev seems to be on Twitter and the reactions in the thread here, I imagine probably yes

Top Bottom