• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaSphere - sci fi action platformer with physics, guns, destructible environments

Some more gameplay details

"Permadeath with checkpoints"
You can use a backup (checkpoint) if you find one and if you die, you will be immediately restored at that backup station. After that backup station is 'spent' and can not be re-used. If you die without a backup, you have to restart the game

State of game
There’s a story and some locations are random. There’s no backtracking in the game right now, it’s linear.

Procedurally-generated?
Some locations are fixed and some are randomized. Right now there's one story-related location called Platform that is procedurally created and a couple 'fixed' ones. Another procedural location is Tesseract and it is just for fun, to test combat and mechanics.

No framerate lock
It will run at 60 fps if hardware permits, there's no lock.

Demo vs Alpha
Compared to alpha, the free demo is limited to only a few locations and items.

Price
Currently price is $14.99. When MegaSphere is fully released, price will go up

Multiplayer could happen, maybe
Current plan is to focus on single player experience. Hopefuly in the future!

https://twitter.com/antonkudin/status/635174145521790976
A0g4dYQ.gif

Excited to test out the alpha/demo today. This game still releasing August 25? Checking the Steam page that still appears to be the developer's intention.

From Twitter:

So yeah, should be releasing today.

Ah okay cool. Thanks man. We should create a new thread when the game goes live to give this more attention across NeoGAF. Pretty sure everyone would appreciate being alerted that the game is available and then we can have an awesome thread of playing the game and exchanging impressions.

Ah okay cool. Thanks man. We should create a new thread when the game goes live to give this more attention across NeoGAF. Pretty sure everyone would appreciate being alerted that the game is available and then we can have an awesome thread of playing the game and exchanging impressions.
Already have the new thread ready to go :D Just waiting for the game to release

Some more details

Procedurally-generated?
Some locations are fixed and some are randomized. Right now There's one story-related location called Platform that is procedurally created and a couple 'fixed' ones. Another procedural location is Tesseract and it is just for fun, to test combat and mechanics.

Permadeath with checkpoints
You can use a backup (checkpoint) if you find one and if you die, you will be immediately restored at that backup station. After that backup station is 'spent' and can not be re-used. If you die without a backup, you have to restart the game

Release date just switched to "Coming Soon" so release must be really close now

Yeah I have his Twitter open in another tab patiently awaiting the "it's out" update. He said a "few hours" about three hours ago so theoretically it should be any minute now. I know he ran in to some last minute bugs that seems to have delayed him past the intended target of earlier today. We should get the game before the day is out at least.

Looking forward to the new thread when the game finally drops.

Damn, I got a doctor's appointment in ten minutes

Don't worry dude just post when you get back. He's still in the uploading phase so I think we're still about an hour away regardless. He replied to that tweet saying that uploading is taking forever so I think we're not quite there yet. By the time you get back the game should be up so that'd be the perfect time to post the thread.

He's having some trouble with his ISP and a painfully slow upload speed apparently. I think he's trying again using another method:

Anton Kudin ‏@antonkudin 3m3 minutes ago
Using my mobile plan to upload, its about 4 times faster.

The wait is kind of killing me here. I've been wanting to play this all day. Hopefully soon!

Looks like the game finished uploading. "A few more minutes" for the game to be available according to the dev on Twitter. Keys are being distributed now. Excited! Probably too late to try it now (it's 3:00am over here) but I look forward to giving this a spin tomorrow and reading the impressions.

Top Bottom