• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes/pictures you don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Often times on GAF I see pictures and sayings, some I laugh at, but don't know what I'm laughing at, they just appear funny but apparently there's an underlying message... and others people laugh at but I don't because I don't understand the meme

For example, what is the meaning behind this? Is there one?

tumblr_kqg0yqypdx1qa5556o1_500.jpg

Blader

Related to LOST.

I don't get the plane-taking-off pic....I must've been asleep when that meme started.

gdt

I don't that gif where it's close up of some kid waving for the camera to zoom in a something. It's familiar too, but I can't quite place it...

Boogie

Blader5489 said:
I don't get the plane-taking-off pic....I must've been asleep when that meme started.

that's like the most simple to understand meme ever. though obviously you need to see the original thread.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh, I see. I still think it's funny.

The plane one.... doesn't it mean you want to go...wherever what you're responding to/quoting is?

watervengeance said:
That stupid picture where some dude is doing a small sideways clap.

This one too

Blader5489 said:
Related to LOST.

Some thread about LEGAL 16 year old strippers = booked flight and take-off

watervengeance said:

What a twist...the guy is the director of the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, The Village, etc....all of those movies have a twist of some sort.

gdt

Alucard said:
Did Matthew Fox actually get that fat?

Lol no, that face is (kinda) similar to a face Fox made in a separate scene from that line.

Edit: Not to mention that guy kinda looks like a fatter, uglier Matthew Fox.

Edit2: Meaning, the line is from one scene and the face from another. Same episode though.

Kuramu

watervengeance said:

If you're referring to the Citizen Cane clip, then even the people posting it don't get it.

HUELEN10

FHUTA

I seriously don't get it. I mean, it gets used in situations where it doesn't even make any sense!

sestrugen

HUELEN10 said:
FHUTA

I seriously don't get it. I mean, it gets used in situations where it doesn't even make any sense!

it has been overused so much that it almost lost its meaning

fuck her up the ass

Wads

Banned
Blader5489 said:
Related to LOST.

And if it's not clear enough by other replies... it means he's in the plane on his way.

watervengeance said:
That's M. Night Shyamalan. You'll notice -- if you paid any attention -- that that picture is only used when a 'twist' or outcome is completely unexpected for any event... you know, that shtick of stupid random plot twists he puts in all his movies?

Edit: the plane gif is used when people are so interested in a topic (such as underage strippers in Rhode Island) that they would get on a plane and fly there immediately. Is it that hard to understand?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am not even gonna quote your tag Huelen :lol

(stupid meme though)

.GqueB. said:
STIIIIIILL dont get it.

There's a paradise of young women. You take off on a plane to get there. See?

Alucard

Banned
I thought the plane was more of a "bail out" meme. Like, I'm getting the fuck out of here and don't care how much I have to pay to do it, or what means of transportation I require.

HUELEN10

I know what FHUTA means, I just don't get it.
Relix said:
I am not even gonna quote your tag Huelen :lol
Yeah, don't quote my tag. I am sure the girl that got that tattoo regrets it. :lol

Blader

gdt5016 said:
I don't that gif where it's close up of some kid waving for the camera to zoom in a something. It's familiar too, but I can't quite place it...

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's from the ending of Back to the Future III. The kid is one of Doc Brown's sons, who is apparently not a child actor but a perverted midget signaling to Jennifer to touch his dick.

I can't believe I just wrote that. :lol

Alucard said:
I thought the plane was more of a "bail out" meme. Like, I'm getting the fuck out of here and don't care how much I have to pay to do it, or what means of transportation I require.
This is not what it means whatsoever.

kai3345

Banned
Alucard said:
That's what i always thought it was

ZephyrFate said:
That's M. Night Shyamalan. You'll notice -- if you paid any attention -- that that picture is only used when a 'twist' or outcome is completely unexpected for any event... you know, that shtick of stupid random plot twists he puts in all his movies?

Edit: the plane gif is used when people are so interested in a topic (such as underage strippers in Rhode Island) that they would get on a plane and fly there immediately. Is it that hard to understand?

Yes! That's the one.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
HUELEN10 said:
I know what FHUTA means, I just don't get it.

Yeah, don't quote my tag. I am sure the girl that got that tattoo regrets it. :lol

How do you NOT get sodomy? It's a fucking end all, be all solution.

Easy_G

storybook77 said:
Some thread about LEGAL 16 year old strippers = booked flight and take-off

What a twist...the guy is the director of the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, The Village, etc....all of those movies have a twist of some sort.

I always thought it was to mean you're getting as far away from the thread as possible. Oh well.

.GqueB.

Banned
Alucard said:
Yea thats what I thought. Original use definitely clarifies though. But if I had to fancy a guess, Im sure PLENTY of people have used it incorrectly as a Bailout.

Dizzan

MINI Member
.GqueB. said:
STIIIIIILL dont get it. Is he leaving on a jet plane. Leaving the thread and not sure when he'll be back again.

Really???

The OP posted that it is legal for minors to be strippers in Rhode Island. Ninja scooter replied with a plane taking off implying that he is on his way there right now.

I don't know if I can make it any simpler.

Easy_G

.GqueB. said:
Yea thats what I thought. Original use definitely clarifies though. But if I had to fancy a guess, Im sure PLENTY of people have used it incorrectly as a Bailout.
Yeah, I basically only see it used as a bailout now.

And I figured the original post of it meant the poster was getting out before the huge debate about age of sexual consent. But it does make sense both ways.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't really get why the Shyamalan meme took off again. It seemed to be a rampant on GAF a year ago or so, and then disappeared completely, and now it's back stronger than ever.

SaintZ

gdt5016 said:
I think that's from the ending of Back to The Future 3. I'm not sure that's a meme though.

.GqueB.

Banned
Dizzan said:
Really???

The OP posted that it is legal for minors to be strippers in Rhode Island. Ninja scooter replied with a plane taking off implying that he is on his way there right now.

I don't know if I can make it any simpler.
That reference can be both seen as bailout and a go to. He could be flying to look at strippers or he could be bailing out because of the coming debate. Similar to the simpsons gif with grandpa simpson walking in seeing bart and leaving. Its not THAT clear.

Further supported by the fact that many here have said they have seen it posted as a bailout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom