• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes/pictures you don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
catfish said:
article on the shocking state of strippers in whatever place, underage doing anything you want.

Picture of plane taking off.

Most people would associate that with vacation or travel somewhere. Therefore your mind is broken, especially since you associate a plane taking off in a story of strippers with running away.

Stop doing it wrong you're giving everyone a headache.
Fair 'nuff

bengraven

With the exception of the most subtle (plane.gif), you need to shut off your brain for most memes.

They're funny because they're random, inappropriate, or just too fucking insane to not laugh at. That's the humor.

olore

baultista said:
vtec-just-kicked-in-yo.jpg

Does not compute.

:lol That`s hillarious. Check up on Honda and their VTEC engines. Or wait until automobile GAF arrives

VaLiancY

Advice Dog was a forced 4chan meme which gained more attention because people would often spam the various 4chan boards. And then the shit hit the fan and it spawned the wolf one which name escapes me and socially awkward penguin and have spawned some pretty bad ones like philosophy raptor and the ugly dog one.

VaLiancY said:
Advice Dog was a forced 4chan meme which gained more attention because people would often spam the various 4chan boards. And then the shit hit the fan and it spawned the wolf one which name escapes me and socially awkward penguin and have spawned some pretty bad ones like philosophy raptor and the ugly dog one.
Courage Wolf.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
olore said:
:lol That`s hillarious. Check up on Honda and their VTEC engines. Or wait until automobile GAF arrives
The whole 'VTEC just kicked in' thing is from a cheesy line in a Fast & Furious movie, I think

Tntnnbltn

VaLiancY said:
Phew. For a second there I thought you were calling Philosoraptor a bad meme.

Dot50Cal

Banned
The only one I'm still trying to find the source of is the otaku son and his dad. It looks like theres a couple of them out there but I can't find anything. Someone want to help out?

joetachi

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
How can anybody think that the word is pronounced anything other than 'meem'? I don't understand.
Yeah it was really weird for me the first time i heard some one call pronounce it that way.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Skiptastic said:
So you're saying that a gif being from the greatest movie ever means it has less gravitas than Magnum PI?

Stop the world. I want to get off.
No, I'm saying Higgins projects no gravitas, and as an extension, it undermined the gif.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
midwestern_stylings said:
does anyone have a link to the michael jackson one where it shows a picture of mohammed ali, king of pop etc

Can't find it anywhere :(
It was Tyson, and it wasn't a meme because nobody understood it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
baultista said:
vtec-just-kicked-in-yo.jpg

Does not compute.

VTEC is a fairly standard Honda engine technology. It doesn't do anything particulalry impressive, but Honda fanboys attribute magical properties to it. Replaced "VTEC" with turbo and remember that the diminutive Honda Fit has a VTEC engine too, and you'll get the picture.

Like "Hemi" which is another ancient and not very impressive engine tech (Hemispherical combustion chambers). It has existed since 1901 and is more useful as a cost-saving measure than anything else.

"Hemi" could in fact be replaced with "cheap and ancient."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom