• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes/pictures you don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Black_Ice said:
Often times on GAF I see pictures and sayings, some I laugh at, but don't know what I'm laughing at, they just appear funny but apparently there's an underlying message... and others people laugh at but I don't because I don't understand the meme

For example, what is the meaning behind this? Is there one?

tumblr_kqg0yqypdx1qa5556o1_500.jpg

btw i always wondered where did that pic come from? it's a mugshot?

Rody

Dizzan said:
Really???

The OP posted that it is legal for minors to be strippers in Rhode Island. Ninja scooter replied with a plane taking off implying that he is on his way there right now.

I don't know if I can make it any simpler.

I got it as soon as I saw his reply, but I didn't think it was that funny.
I mean, it was clever, but it got so overused in almost every thread on GAF that I thought there was another meaning to it and I was missing it.

Guess my humor chip is kaputt. :(

koam

.GqueB. said:
STIIIIIILL dont get it. Is he leaving on a jet plane. Leaving the thread and not sure when he'll be back again. If that aint it then Im:

It's part of a stupid story line in lost where
they finally leave the island and then jack (the dude in the video) starts going ape shit telling Kate that "we have to go back" constantly (with the same sad face the dude in that pic has).
The reason that picture is so funny is cause if you look at jack when he's shaved, he looks almost identical to that guy in the picture (except this dude is chubbier).

Jack%20Lost.jpg
vs
tumblr_kqg0yqypdx1qa5556o1_500.jpg

So what does this have to do with thread responses? Nothing, it's just a funny pic if you've followed lost.

btw i always wondered where did that pic come from? it's a mugshot?
Yeah

hteng

Banned
I don't get the

1.) Yo dawg, I heard you..... something within something pic
2.) The socially awkward penguin
3.) The Son I'm disappointed pic
4.) The dog pic with colorful backgrounds

hteng said:
I don't get the

You're just bad at the internet

sestrugen

hteng said:
I don't get the

You have failed at the internets.

rodzee

hteng said:
I don't get the

those are the best memes. I feel sorry for you

koam

hteng said:
I don't get the

1) It's from the show pimp my ride. Where Xzibit (the dude in the pic) always does outrageous things to car. He'll say shit like "i know you like pool, so i put a pool table in your car".

The original image was this:
800px-Sup_dawg.jpg

Honestly, I hate to admit it but I never got the whole dudebro thing.

I mean, I "get it" in the sense that I understand that it's used to make fun of frat boy activities, but I don't know where the meme came from and I don't really understand where it is and is not appropriate to use.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
hteng said:
I don't get the

I don't get the last one, but the other three... damn man.

hteng said:
I don't get the

This too.

_Isaac

Can somebody post the Back to the Future gif. I don't think I have ever encountered it. It doesn't sound familiar.

67ig69.png

sqgzue.gif

2hwnw41.gif

20kuhps.gif

13zv9rt.gif

10ib579.gif

33ve0xl.png

11kkq6x.jpg

n4xk6g.gif

Why do so many people on the forum have Dwyane Wade in a different uniform as their avatar? I don't get it guyz!!!

G-Fex

I don't get why the FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU crap is so funny.

Fucking stupid to me.

Son I'm dissapointed is stupid too.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
koam said:
1) It's from the show pimp my ride. Where Xzibit (the dude in the pic) always does outrageous things to car. He'll say shit like "i know you like pool, so i put a pool table in your car".

800px-Sup_dawg.jpg
The best of the spin-offs easily being this one:

168vcx4.jpg

hteng said:
I don't get the

1) Xzibit, the dude in the yo dawg meme, is a rapper and host of the TV show Pimp My Ride. In Pimp My Ride they take someone's crappy beat-up car and deck it out. They usually end up putting crazy shit inside the car, things that usually pertain the the person's interests, like fish tanks, keyboards, fireplaces, etc...

"Yo dawg, I heard you like fish so we put a fish tank in your car so you can feed you're fish while you drive" would actually probably be a line on the show. Someone came up with the concept, what if someone who likes cars brought their car to Pimp My Ride? Hence, "Yo dawg, I heard you like cars so we put a car in yo' car so you can drive while you drive"

2) What's not to get, it's a picture of a penguin. Penguins are kind of awkward animals and the text on the image macro points out some socially awkward situation.

3) It's from some amateur comic strip style drawing done on 4chan I think. The son does something strange and there's a funny drawing of a man saying "Son, I am disappoint". It's just meant to be funny engrish kind of thing.

4) See Awkward Penguin except put a smiling dog and inappropriate text for the image

hteng

Banned
koam said:

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/177/original/800px-Sup_dawg.jpg

cool, thanks!
explain the penguin and the son i'm disappointed pics

1) Xzibit, the dude in the yo dawg meme, is a rapper and host of the TV show Pimp My Ride. In Pimp My Ride they take someone's crappy beat-up car and deck it out. They usually end up putting crazy shit inside the car, things that usually pertain the the person's interests, like fish tanks, keyboards, fireplaces, etc...

"Yo dawg, I heard you like fish so we put a fish tank in your car so you can feed you're fish while you drive" would actually probably be a line on the show. Someone came up with the concept, what if someone who likes cars brought their car to Pimp My Ride? Hence, "Yo dawg, I heard you like cars so we put a car in yo' car so you can drive while you drive"

2) What's not to get, it's a picture of a penguin. Penguins are kind of awkward animals and the text on the image macro points out some socially awkward situation.

3) It's from some amateur comic strip style drawing done on 4chan I think. The son does something strange and there's a funny drawing of a man saying "Son, I am disappoint". It's just meant to be funny engrish kind of thing.

4) See Awkward Penguin except put a smiling dog and inappropriate text for the image

wow thanks

ZAK

koam said:

drivewhileyoudrive.jpg
Actually, I think the original said something like, "Yo dawg, we heard you like to yo-yo, so we put yo dawg in a yo-yo, so yo can yo-yo yo dawg while yo dawg yo-yo's, dawg."

I've never thought about it, but it's funny that it's actually pretty true that a bailout is often just as appropriate as a "fuck yes" whenever a planetakingoff.gif is used.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
ZAK said:
Actually, I think the original said something like, "Yo dawg, we heard you like to yo-yo, so we put yo dawg in a yo-yo, so yo can yo-yo yo dawg while yo dawg yo-yo's, dawg."
No the car in your car is the original.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
hteng said:
cool, thanks!
explain the penguin and the son i'm disappointed pics

wow thanks
Those are just redundant jokes.

The penguin spouts things socially awkward people do (really just things everyone does), and the son I am disappoint thing is just stupid humor (Funny to the meme people)

Just go to Encyclopedia Dramatica or Know Your meme sites. Honestly, it seems like you might need to learn about the Internet.

ianswoody

Was there ever an explanation for the .gif with the kid in front of class freaking out and then getting a whole bunch of backpacks thrown at him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom