• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes/pictures you don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.
viakado said:
wade in everything but a heat uniform next year.

dwade.jpg

yes im sure he has only horrible memories about miami

_Isaac said:
I still don't get the Dwyane one. It's also a weird way to spell his name.

since when was spelling his name correctly weird?

Black_Ice said:
Often times on GAF I see pictures and sayings, some I laugh at, but don't know what I'm laughing at, they just appear funny but apparently there's an underlying message... and others people laugh at but I don't because I don't understand the meme

For example, what is the meaning behind this? Is there one?

tumblr_kqg0yqypdx1qa5556o1_500.jpg

0524_lost_jack_end.jpg

Just so people have a more accurate visual reference.

I for one LOVE this meme. Or the mugshot pic.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
ph33nix said:
Ok I'm with you here I don't get this one either and Rockets-age always posts this

Looks like the character Samuel L. Jackson playin in Unbreakable, where the guy had super weak bones or something. I dont really follow baseball but I'm guessing that's a player's face shopped onto the head?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
ph33nix said:
Ok I'm with you here I don't get this one either and Rockets-age always posts this

The shopped face is of Houston Rockets player Tracy McGrady, every year he goes out for a long period of time due to an injury. Hence he is like that character in Unbreakable.

vitaminwateryum said:
Looks like the character Samuel L. Jackson playin in Unbreakable, where the guy had super weak bones or something. I dont really follow baseball but I'm guessing that's a player's face shopped onto the head?

I haven't seen the movie but that explained everything really fast :lol

Medalion

Banned
Count me in on the M Night Shamylan meme pic... never understood what was the context of the pic or that was even M Night Shamylan.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Black_Ice said:
Often times on GAF I see pictures and sayings, some I laugh at, but don't know what I'm laughing at, they just appear funny but apparently there's an underlying message... and others people laugh at but I don't because I don't understand the meme

For example, what is the meaning behind this? Is there one?

tumblr_kqg0yqypdx1qa5556o1_500.jpg

:lol this one is awesome!

numble said:

LOL - Oh man!

I need one with Vince Carter! They called me Mr. Glass!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
TheOMan said:
:lol this one is awesome!
It never gets old either :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
.GqueB. said:
That reference can be both seen as bailout and a go to. He could be flying to look at strippers or he could be bailing out because of the coming debate. Similar to the simpsons gif with grandpa simpson walking in seeing bart and leaving. Its not THAT clear.

Further supported by the fact that many here have said they have seen it posted as a bailout.
article on the shocking state of strippers in whatever place, underage doing anything you want.

Picture of plane taking off.

Most people would associate that with vacation or travel somewhere. Therefore your mind is broken, especially since you associate a plane taking off in a story of strippers with running away.

Stop doing it wrong you're giving everyone a headache.

Forkball

_leech_ said:
nfnet7yvtozx0cv7ze3mplzpo1500.gi.gif

I don't find this funny at all.
It's a reference to a comic series where a guy says, "Son, I am disappoint." The format is similar to the FFFFFFUUUU comics, and the opening panels have many different versions. The picture you posted is funny because the guy looks very similar to the guy in the comics.
ed14q40gmp9d3rclzjso.jpg

A meme I don't get is why people but random phrases in spoiler tags. Every time I see this it bugs the hell out of me.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
WTF does "Fuuuuuuuuu" mean? Is it like, being blown away and trying to pronounce "fuuuuuuuuck?"

I don't get it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
AlphaSnake said:
WTF does "Fuuuuuuuuu" mean? Is it like, being blown away and trying to pronounce "fuuuuuuuuck?"

I don't get it.

It's just a very long ffffuuuucccckkkk but there isn't enough space in those small panels for it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Bisnic said:
It's just a very long ffffuuuucccckkkk but there isn't enough space in those small panels for it.

Heh, guess I was right. Looks like I'm still good with my meme skills.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
bengraven said:
When you see this, your first response is supposed to be "WHAT A TWEEST!"

I love that episode of Robot Chicken :lol

kIdMuScLe

nicolas cage meme.... there's a nic cage meme this, a nic cage meme that...

i mean, what, is his very existence in the universe a meme itself?

PacoDG

"smh"

I have never seen a post with 'smh' as the reply having any real meaning. Ive seen it been used in both bad and good ways, but never having to do with anything, too lazy and not caring to urbandictionary it, but now I feel old not keeping up with that crazy internet slang

Medalion

Banned
PacoDG said:
"smh"

I have never seen a post with 'smh' as the reply having any real meaning. Ive seen it been used in both bad and good ways, but never having to do with anything, too lazy and not caring to urbandictionary it, but now I feel old not keeping up with that crazy internet slang

It's not a meme, it's an acronym for "shake my head" like in disbelief or disgust

kIdMuScLe

PacoDG said:
"smh"

smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom