• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone is going to laugh at me, but fine.

-Fortnite (It is one of my favorite games ever, single or multi. Amazing)
-Halo... let’s say 2, 3, or Reach
-Smash Ultimate
-Goldeneye/Perfect Dark (even if it plays like crap now, I could enjoy being goofy with this online into perpetuity with a few friends)
-Mario Kart. Just about any one.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing it during the winter. I think it's very good. I'm not a fan of the movement in anime games. I never got into Guilty Gear because I didn't enjoy the movement. I still need to Download Granblue and give that a shot.
All Japanese games are anime specially Marvel. *nu capcom doesn't count*

Eh GG is too restricted movement wise compared to UNIST yeah. I only played the Granblue demo and saw other people playing so far but it feels more like Turbo than anything. Is that weird? Still pissed about the DLC shit they pulled. It is anemic, comparable to SF5 even when it came out even minus the rpg mode they added on a FIGHTING GAME because fuck you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mista

Banned
I am sure that means something nice.

Schnorzblorz der gumpfrat rolfank tolzen.
He said take out this:
Ready!

CzXn7tUWIAAoDfU.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Thats called خيزرانه. Its the ultimate weapon we used to get hit with when we were kids
Bamboo cane? Whip? That looks painful. People here use belts. Or used too. People just drug kids these days.

All Japanese games are anime specially Marvel. *nu capcom doesn't count*

Eh GG is too restricted movement wise compared to UNIST yeah. I only played the Granblue demo and saw other people playing so far but it feels more like Turbo than anything. Is that weird? Still pissed about the DLC shit they pulled. It is anemic, comparable to SF5 even when it came out even minus the rpg mode they added on a FIGHTING GAME because fuck you.

Anime fighters usually don't have button dashes. They have dash inputs you have to use the stick/dpad for. Instant air dash for example is up-forward foward. I'm not a fan of that style as I come from a Marvel backround. That's why anime fighters never really did it for me. They feel foreign in thier movement.

Granblue looks legit. I'd have more motivation to play it if I could go outside.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Anime fighters usually don't have button dashes. They have dash inputs you have to use the stick/dpad for. Instant air dash for example is up-forward foward. I'm not a fan of that style as I come from a Marvel backround. That's why anime fighters never really did it for me. They feel foreign in thier movement.
I've always hated the terminology of a "anime" fighter being so dependent on whether it had "button" dashes or not. lol urban youths. I've always found it natural to dash forward using taps myself.
Granblue looks legit. I'd have more motivation to play it if I could go outside.
"local" tourneys for anything are 500 miles away lol

I've always hated the terminology of a "anime" fighter being so dependent on whether it had "button" dashes or not. lol urban youths. I've always found it natural to dash forward using taps myself.

"local" tourneys for anything are 500 miles away lol

Most anime fighters move the same. Marvel is considered anime because it is oki heavy. Not because they share movement styles.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I accept your concession.

It is fine if urban youths call it anime fighters over small things such as double jumps and shit. That's fine but this is a western thing mainly and retarded considered what the actual word means.

darkstalkers-cast-747x309.jpg

^not a anime fighter

The FGC is full of retarded terminology so I forgive you my child.

edit: SF3>Turbo

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
FGC people are weird/offended most of the time though and it is their term. You are correct.

-Arcadia-

Banned
For anyone interested, the new PS5 OT is fantastic, and by its nature, free of anything but PS5 discussion.

It’s not something that bothers me unless it gets stupid, but I’ve noticed some people (esp. here) really want a place to go where everyone isn’t comparing consoles all the time. This is totally that.

Top Bottom