• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Mista

Banned
You hear that Nymphae Nymphae ? Big fella is cruisin fer a bruisin.
tenor.gif

Nymphae

Banned
I didn’t really ever check the communities tab before.

You’re all fucked now.

I feel like some threads took a bit of a hit when things were consolidated here. I never used to go to the communities section at all, and the only reason I come now is because 2 threads I followed were moved there. I'm curious how many people just never venture in here.

Ornlu

Banned
I feel like some threads took a bit of a hit when things were consolidated here. I never used to go to the communities section at all, and the only reason I come now is because 2 threads I followed were moved there. I'm curious how many people just never venture in here.

I usually just hit the new posts button and take a nibble from every section. 🤷‍♂️

Nymphae

Banned
I usually just hit the new posts button and take a nibble from every section. 🤷‍♂️

That's one thing I can say I've never clicked. I just look through the main forums, I can see for myself what is new and topping the boards, never really understood that.

That's one thing I can say I've never clicked. I just look through the main forums, I can see for myself what is new and topping the boards, never really understood that.
Because the new posts in all forums are on one page versus checking every individual forum. Less time spent navigating before posting.

Nymphae

Banned
Because the new posts in all forums are on one page versus checking every individual forum. Less time spent navigating before posting.

But I don't want to see a good majority of the new posts, only a handful of topics interest me at any given time, and I'd rather just look for those in the forum lists and go from there. But hey whatever people enjoy using.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm just explaining why people would use it so you better understand it.

lol yes I understood what you were trying to do I'm just saying it still seems unnecessary to me personally and I prefer to view things categorically by clicking through the 3 forum headers, rather than having gaming, OT, and politics threads all jumbled together in a list of shit. Between following threads I like, and simply checking the main 3 boards when I visit, I stay on top of most things that interest me here.

Kadayi

Banned
lol yes I understood what you were trying to do I'm just saying it still seems unnecessary to me personally and I prefer to view things categorically by clicking through the 3 forum headers, rather than having gaming, OT, and politics threads all jumbled together in a list of shit. Between following threads I like, and simply checking the main 3 boards when I visit, I stay on top of most things that interest me here.

I'm much the same. I do Gaming, OT & Community, as well as check any responses/reactions/quotes to see what's cooking. If I'm really bored I might venture into Politics now and then, but forums busy enough now that I don't miss the bickering all that much.

Nymphae

Banned
I am still confused about the Communities forum. Why is the Dead or Alive OT in there, but not the Street Fighter V OT?

Man, looking back at early pages of this thread and other threads, I realize they have aged like a fine diarrhea after drinking Tylenol.

Remember the good ol' days DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi when you spammed the forum with polls to try to get the mods attention and @hariseldon thought I was a member with protected status? And we were fighting over some Acorn computer thing (iirc you lost) back then? Nymphae Nymphae was also there.

I wish that were true, I could have used that protected status a few weeks ago. ;)

Don't forget this classic thread:

Man, can't believe it's been one year already since last January, time sure flies. Things have changed,:

• Gaf has over 2 million visitors a month,
  • The forum has more active members than ever.
  • DunDun and Hariseldon liking half my posts in mutual discussions,
We have really grown together just like a family jail cell inmates.

Speaking of old things, I wonder if that Windows central guy is still mad, he didn't shut up about that thread for nearly 3 weeks.

Happy Polliversary!

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Man, looking back at early pages of this thread and other threads, I realize they have aged like a fine diarrhea after drinking Tylenol.

Remember the good ol' days DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi when you spammed the forum with polls to try to get the mods attention and @hariseldon thought I was a member with protected status? And we were fighting over some Acorn computer thing (iirc you lost) back then? Nymphae Nymphae was also there.

I wish that were true, I could have used that protected status a few weeks ago. ;)

Don't forget this classic thread:

Man, can't believe it's been one year already since last January, time sure flies. Things have changed,:

• Gaf has over 2 million visitors a month,
  • The forum has more active members than ever.
  • DunDun and Hariseldon liking half my posts in mutual discussions,
We have really grown together just like a family jail cell inmates.

Speaking of old things, I wonder if that Windows central guy is still mad, he didn't shut up about that thread for nearly 3 weeks.

Happy Polliversary!

If I recall my early posts still had a bit of that RPS lefty bollocks and I was a bit of an argumentative cunt. Now I'm just a nazi cunt.

Top Bottom