• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Now that's fighting talk. When;

Pheewwww

Indie Synth, that's a trek I haven't been down in a minute
OG's are always the best while I search to see if I can see find some of that shit from when I was regularly following that lol

EDIT: Honestly I've been more into the recent synth pop scene of pumping 80's tunes, so finding the more indie synth stuff is scratching a part of my brain that gives me a head ache lol

Last edited:

Ionian

Pheewwww

Indie Synth, that's a trek I haven't been down in a minute
OG's are always the best while I search to see if I can see find some of that shit from when I was regularly following that lol

EDIT: Honestly I've been more into the recent synth pop scene of pumping 80's tunes, so finding the more indie synth stuff is scratching a part of my brain that gives me a head ache lol

Could never get into Kaftwerk, can understand the genius though.

Anyway;

Consider yourself defeated.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Could never get into Kaftwerk, can understand the genius though.

Anyway;

Consider yourself defeated.

Bruh have you even WATCHED SWAT KATS?!

EDIT: Dad was a huge metal head, my brother and I would head bang to this on Saturday mornings lmao
EDIT2:
FEEL THE POWER OF HOT GUITAR LICKS

Last edited:

Ionian

Bruh have you even WATCHED SWAT KATS?!

EDIT: Dad was a huge metal head, my brother and I would head bang to this on Saturday mornings lmao
EDIT2:
FEEL THE POWER OF HOT GUITAR LICKS

As a lapsed guitar player can feel the heat but nope didn't play here that I know. Weird as well as cartoons were massive.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
As a lapsed guitar player can feel the heat but nope didn't play here that I know. Weird as well as cartoons were massive.
Really? I was a California kid at the time so I got a lot of...interesting things put before me by broadcasting companies lol

I felt your heat from being a dweeb whose nerd Dad was like "Yo I play metal but check out fucking Kraftwerk dude...here..." and that spiraling into weird shit in Jr. High

wew that season 2 intro brought back some memories.
WB had some killer 1-3 season shows back when man
That and going through 90's intros as an adult, so many of them were wicked ass metal of the speed/power variety

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think he's misunderstood
That's what Evangelion Unit-01 Evangelion Unit-01 says about girl hitler you know.
TSODZHz.png

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Hey everyone- I hope you are all doing well! ♥️

I know I have a reputation here for having a high level of empathy, and I'm sure some of you may know how draining that can be for some people. It certainly is for me, and really...I have to occasionally take breaks from any extra social interaction at all in order to, well...recharge, if that makes sense.

Lately, all the increasing discord in and around the trans community, as well as how the world at large perceives and reacts to anything they see in media surrounding these issues, has been increasingly exhausting for me. There are many other transsexuals who feel the same way, and I've seen an increasing amount of us doing the exact opposite of what the social media stories would have you believe.. We are again going into hiding as best as we can, as we don't want to be associated with any of what can be seen as almost a form of narcissism or perhaps even an expressed sense of entitlement.

There are those out there basically demanding empathy and acceptance from others while showing no empathy in return for how their actions may effect the lives of others. Amidst all of this, other people become angry or amused...making blanket statements or mocking the suffering of anyone they perceive as part of the group.

I can't help but absorb the emotional fallout of everyone involved, and the peacekeeper in me is constantly trying to figure out a way to lessen the suffering of everyone. I pray and help where I can in small amounts, but it's like being on a sinking ship where no amount of fixing leaks is enough to keep from eventually drowning.

I've just got to take a break.

You are all wonderful (as well as those who may no longer be with us), and I pray for only the best for you all and your loved ones.

I love you all, and I'm sure I'll be back posting soon. Please be kind to yourselves and each other. ♥️
- Ailynn

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

I know I have a reputation here for having a high level of empathy, and I'm sure some of you may know how draining that can be for some people. It certainly is for me, and really...I have to occasionally take breaks from any extra social interaction at all in order to, well...recharge, if that makes sense.

Lately, all the increasing discord in and around the trans community, as well as how the world at large perceives and reacts to anything they see in media surrounding these issues, has been increasingly exhausting for me. There are many other transsexuals who feel the same way, and I've seen an increasing amount of us doing the exact opposite of what the social media stories would have you believe.. We are again going into hiding as best as we can, as we don't want to be associated with any of what can be seen as almost a form of narcissism or perhaps even an expressed sense of entitlement.

There are those out there basically demanding empathy and acceptance from others while showing no empathy in return for how their actions may effect the lives of others. Amidst all of this, other people become angry or amused, and mock the suffering of anyone they perceive as part of the group.

I can't help but absorb the emotional fallout of everyone involved, and the peacekeeper in me is constantly trying to figure out a way to lessen the suffering of everyone. I pray and help where I can in small amounts, but it's like being on a sinking ship where no amount of fixing leaks is enough to keep from eventually drowning.

You are all wonderful (as well as those who may no longer be with us), and I pray for only the best for you all and your loved ones.

I love you all, and I'm sure I'll be back posting soon. Please be kind to yourselves and each other. ♥️
- Ailynn
Do what you feel is best of course. I can't imagine how grueling it is for you. Take care and we all look forward to your return.

Last edited:

Ionian

There are those out there basically demanding empathy and acceptance from others while showing no empathy in return for how their actions may effect the lives of others. Amidst all of this, other people become angry or amused...making blanket statements or mocking the suffering of anyone they perceive as part of the group.

- Ailynn

We never spoke but did see your posts, this is really saddening to see.

Wish you health and good luck and hopefully your return won't be too far away. All the best to you, honestly.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

- Ailynn

We're here for you whenever you need it <3 Enjoy the time away :)

Facism

- Ailynn

I've mostly lurked for the last bunch of years but whenever I came across your posts, they always stood out as the calm in some very choppy waters, where people got really passionate about certain political or social topics.

Sometimes you have to take the time off and shut out the world for a while. I used to take on all my friend's problems at the cost of dealing with my own, mostly because dealing with these things felt like a break from my own misery. Do what's best for you mental and physical well-being and don't feel like you're being selfish doing so.

Ionian

It's honestly sad to see what's happening.

There's no levity anymore, people are naturally frustrated with life in general offline. How could you not be?

Which is why silly joking threads were awesome. Was something to smile at or have a laugh.

All forums are getting the same hit with this and for the same reason. It's just depressing to read people leaving but I can't blame them.

Everything is cyclical, shall re-bound. Just such a shame people feel the need to quit for the sake of their mental welfare. My heart goes out to them.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

- Ailynn

You will be missed 🥲

Take your time and I hope to see you around soon 😊

- Ailynn

Sigh, this is exactly what I was afraid of when I objected to a person tagging you into the latest controversy and asking for you to express your feelings/objections/upset at what other trans people are doing and saying to 'represent' you, etc.

You shouldn't feel you have to comment or play peacekeeper on each new thing to let people know 'hey guys, we don't all feel this way...' I know it can take an extra toll on a person's energy pool to have to debate issues that concern their demographic. It's also difficult to be one of the few representatives present of your whole demographic and asked to speak for them, feeling like it's all on you to change people's perceptions and feeling helpless when it doesn't. It's exhausting, draining, and frustrating because you can't just be dispassionate when the issues directly affect you. Rather than having to make a statement to dissociate yourself from self-proclaimed spokespeople (and immerse yourself in discussions that can be antagonistic or that you're just kind of dreading), you should feel able to relax and just talk about games or other topics and step away from hot-button political issues when you don't have the energy to deal with it.

I'm also well aware of the hostility that can be expressed toward someone like you from both sides. It's difficult to be stuck in the middle with both the left and the right attacking you. Be well, and I hope you can mentally recharge from spending time with family and friends. In the end that's what really matters, not online slapfights.

nush

Gold Member
Sigh, this is exactly what I was afraid of when I objected to a person tagging you into the latest controversy and asking for you to express your feelings/objections/upset at what other trans people are doing and saying to 'represent' you, etc.

You shouldn't feel you have to comment or play peacekeeper on each new thing to let people know 'hey guys, we don't all feel this way...' I know it can take an extra toll on a person's energy pool to have to debate issues that concern their demographic. It's also difficult to be one of the few representatives present of your whole demographic and asked to speak for them, feeling like it's all on you to change people's perceptions and feeling helpless when it doesn't. It's exhausting, draining, and frustrating because you can't just be dispassionate when the issues directly affect you. Rather than having to make a statement to dissociate yourself from self-proclaimed spokespeople (and immerse yourself in discussions that can be antagonistic or that you're just kind of dreading), you should feel able to relax and just talk about games or other topics and step away from hot-button political issues when you don't have the energy to deal with it.

I'm also well aware of the hostility that can be expressed toward someone like you from both sides. It's difficult to be stuck in the middle with both the left and the right attacking you. Be well, and I hope you can mentally recharge from spending time with family and friends. In the end that's what really matters, not online slapfights.

T8SC

Gold Member
Losing the controversial people was always going to be a split feeling amongst the community, some like their "antics" and others didn't.

However, seeing more & more members leave who are helpful, knowledgeable and interesting will always have the community in agreement that is a loss, but whether they're leaving for their own personal reasons, such as Ailynn & Melon or due to what I can only assume was built up frustration, Tesseract, we wish them well and hope once they have a break, a refresh and spend time with their true family & friends, that they can rejoin us and hopefully the world will be in a much better place overall as well.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Thank you all so much for the incredibly kind words. You're all awesome! ♥️

This post nails what I've been going through perfectly. You did a much better job explaining it than I ever could. Thank you so much for this amazingly thoughtful and insightful post. ♥️

I'm going to stick around for sure, but I'm probably just going to place any transgender-related threads on ignore. I've shared my story and voiced my own concerns over what's been happening to the transgender "community" more times than I can remember now over the past couple of years...yet I still see a couple of the same people seemingly ignoring those of us who are more reasonable and continuing to make blanket statements that would place us amongst the growing insanity.

I absolutely know that things are getting more and more concerning in the trans community. People like myself are being kicked out of online trans spaces because we don't fall in line with all the craziness. We aren't all angry or fetishistic or flat out insane with a flourish of mental disorders worn proudly like war badges...demanding people date us or that children take hormone blockers or that former men should be allowed to compete in female sports or that you should respect valid pronouns like ze/zir/zirself or genders like aut/ism/spergself. (Which I really saw a person using once unironically online).

. . . Sorry . . .

It's just... it's exhausting feeling stuck in the middle all of the time. I'm a faithful Christian who was born with a birth defect that causes me to suffer gender dysphoria.

I just wish people would finally start looking at people as individuals rather than leaning on widely untrue stereotypes... whether it be about race, religion, sex, gender, or anything, really.

The world will get there, hopefully.
One day. :)

Oh, and 12Goblins 12Goblins - I once wanted to be a caretaker! Although, I have occasional debilitating backpain, so I don't know how realistic it would be for me. It's still on my mind, though.

I tried the whole artist-for-hire thing, but all it did was slowly destroy my artistic drive. I've done call center jobs for about 15 years and worked in Human Recources for a little while before I was let go during my gender transition.

I'm currently working at home doing sales for a well-known jewelry company and loving it. :)

Last edited:

belmarduk

- Ailynn

You are a beautiful person inside and out. Keep being yourself and fuck what other people think. It must be incredibly overwhelming having to deal with flak from both sides.. I know there are a lot of folks in the transgender community who expect everyone to conform to their ideals as well as others who assume you support certain things just because of a portion of who you are.

You are one of the most beloved posters here on GAF.

Please take as long as you need for a break but please DO come back! I'll miss you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom