• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Beta Official Thread -- NEOGAF DRAWS AGAINST KOJIPRO, video inside

Kyoufu

Linkzg said:
What differences does Snake have to a regular soldier?

the game refers to his skills as "Legendary Hero" instead of the usual ass. mastery, lock-on mastery etc

As I said, he can do the things he can do in the singleplayer, like hiding in trash cans, drum cans, he can EVEN OCTOCAMO!!!!!!!!

Its so awesome camoflaging as the ground's texture and popping nearby soldiers who have NO IDEA where you are :lol

Schrade

KurowaSan said:
your character even shows the exclamation symbol when you spot him :lol
That right there is genius, pure genius. Too damn awesome. Too bad I suck at MGO :( I want Keyboard/Mouse controls!

Ephemeris

KurowaSan said:
Snake photo session :lol :lol
20ksj9t.jpg

I'm about to bust.

Ephemeris

Kyoufu said:
the game refers to his skills as "Legendary Hero" instead of the usual ass. mastery, lock-on mastery etc

As I said, he can do the things he can do in the singleplayer, like hiding in trash cans, drum cans, he can EVEN OCTOCAMO!!!!!!!!

Its so awesome camoflaging as the ground's texture and popping nearby soldiers who have NO IDEA where you are :lol

WAT?

1b9e0926011599a607e43d0nb3.gif

Kyoufu said:

Ass mastery indeed.

dralla

arg what's the map with the underground sewers with the water? I thought it was going to be BB, doesn't look like it's the 'new' map either. :[

Kyoufu

Wow I'm telling you, I am so fucking hyped for MGS4 now that I have gotten a taster of what Snake is like to control. He will be an ass master to end all ass masters.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
dralla said:
arg what's the map with the underground sewers with the water? I thought it was going to be BB, doesn't look like it's the 'new' map either. :[
couldnt be ambush alley or urban ultimatum either... i dont think its really been revealed yet.

I am so frustrated with this game to the point I want to throw my dualshock at my tv. It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a videogame. I DO NOT want to spend an entire magazine on some guys face/upper body and come away with a death. I also don't want to see people flying across the screen 4 seconds after a grenade has exploded. Pure trash.

Is it accurate to assume that my bullshit stats will be wiped clean for the retail version? I don't want this broken games stats saved that's for damn sure.

Luckily it's a beta... but it still irks me seeing my efforts go to waste because of poor hit detection or whatever the fuck the problem is. Konami, a face is above the neck. When shot there, it's a head shot. When shot there with a full clip, the guy is really dead. I don't want to see the guy live and walking around after he killed me with one shot.... thanks.

Kyoufu

UncleGuito said:
Isn't the map from the pics just posted from the original MGO? It looks familiar.

It looks similar to the battlefield shown in the 15 minute gameplay demo, but I haven't played MGO1 so I'm not sure.

MGS4 will be GOTY.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Kyoufu said:
It looks similar to the battlefield shown in the 15 minute gameplay demo, but I haven't played MGO1 so I'm not sure.

MGS4 will be GOTY
against the 2nd coming of OOT?

its gunna be an epic battle.

mgo is already my personal GOTY though

Teknoman

The Crimson Kid said:
3. Stealth isn't that useful. This is a Metal Gear Solid game. The fights shouldn't all devolve into random shootouts like every other shooter. This one will be the hardest to fix.

Whoa, stealth is VERY useful in the game. Especially in a capture game or base game. Somewhat in team deathmatch as well. Boxes are very handy since this time they are intersperced around the map so you never know whats a real box and whats fake. Same with playing dead, or moving slowly to not have your footsteps heard.

Crawling/flipping over and shooting works pretty well for me, especially during base matches.

EDIT: The hell? new map AND mode?!
EDIT 2 : Oh snap...

2dgq62c.jpg

Esperado

Damn, I wish I were playing this, but I've got to finish up my end of the year classwork. Pretty much got 3 assignments left to do and then I'm playing some GTA4/MGSO in between studying for finals. Posting here is bad enough for me, let alone going through this thread. Seeing Snake is making me want to finish up quick though, time to soldier on.

Teknoman

ScissorHands said:
This. Plus how do you use an f'ing bluetooth headset in this game?

Register it in your PS3 first (sure you knew that already).
Turn its output lvl to 5 in the XMB (or whatever the max is).
Go in game and visit the options menu.
Turn all communication audio outputs to USB/Bluetooth.
Turn all output/input volumes to max/10 or whatever.

Break out.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I am so frustrated with this game to the point I want to throw my dualshock at my tv. It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a videogame. I DO NOT want to spend an entire magazine on some guys face/upper body and come away with a death. I also don't want to see people flying across the screen 4 seconds after a grenade has exploded. Pure trash.

Is it accurate to assume that my bullshit stats will be wiped clean for the retail version? I don't want this broken games stats saved that's for damn sure.

Luckily it's a beta... but it still irks me seeing my efforts go to waste because of poor hit detection or whatever the fuck the problem is. Konami, a face is above the neck. When shot there, it's a head shot. When shot there with a full clip, the guy is really dead. I don't want to see the guy live and walking around after he killed me with one shot.... thanks.
dont think youre hitting >___>

Teknoman said:
Register it in your PS3 first (sure you knew that already).
Turn its output lvl to 5 in the XMB (or whatever the max is).
Go in game and visit the options menu.
Turn all communication audio outputs to USB/Bluetooth.
Turn all output/input volumes to max/10 or whatever.

Break out.

I rove u

Boku ga boku no itsurukeruta, Kurowa san....kisamo hakaisuru...

EDIT: And yes, the game, while great, can be extremely frustrating at times.

KurowaSan

2ibeoeq.jpg

15 mb to go. almost done.

It should be ready in less than 5 minutes. Once again, it's not me playing as Snake, I didn't get to, and i won't stay up anymore :lol I'm so going to bed after i'm done uploading.

Teknoman

ScissorHands said:

Ah. You rike it?! :lol

Also to the guy wasting bullets, just tap-shoot if you're on full auto with more guns and aim relatively high. Either that or equip a gun mastery equivalent to your favorite weapon.

EDIT: I just realized some of the complaints in this topic amount to the same as complaints about battle rifles being too strong/common, snipers owning in TF2, or air strikes and helicopters in CoD 4.

Teknoman

Damn it... I dont think im gonna go on tonight. Probably get some Mario Kart single player ( dont wanna go online yet since I havent raced all tracks in 50cc yet) and other Wii gameplay in. Need to be well rested for pre-midnight Monday. I know if I jump into Mass Effect, GT5:p or MGO then i'll be up all night long.

Top Bottom