• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Jetstream DLC |OT| Show Me A Good Time, Platinum

mattp

seems like such a waste of effort to have sam only playable in one chapter
i wish they would let you select him for the main game.

demidar

YES PLEASE BOSS RUSH MODE DLC I WANT SO BAD.

Only PlantiumJP can be our hero and tell them!!..

Only if they take Monsoon out :3

Or just remove the debris cutting part, I'm fine with that too.

Hey JP tell your bosses to transplant Sam into the main game please, you don't even have to change the cutscenes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Boss Rush mode would be totally awesome. It'd be difficult, but if there was a way to integrate multiple bosses at once, that'd be pretty sweet too.

Included in the Boss Rush could be Dark/Ripper Raiden at the end.

Beckx

Those screens are from the recently released DLC VR missions not Sam's DLC.

I really wonder why they didn't even bother to release a trailer for the DLC. And still no release date for Europe :(

Ah, sorry, was browsing the photo viewer and didn't realize it had all the DLC screens together.

-------------------------------------------

All I need to know is that GCT will occur sometime before I get home today.

demidar

Boss Rush mode would be totally awesome. It'd be difficult, but if there was a way to integrate multiple bosses at once, that'd be pretty sweet too.

Included in the Boss Rush could be Dark/Ripper Raiden at the end.

Dark Raiden would be the hardest for the same reason why fighting playable characters (i.e. Dante in DMC4) is hard, they have movesets balanced around player empowerment. Lots of defensive options, near instant start ups to attacks and next to no telegraph, can cheese the player with superior reaction speed and on top of that they have boss level health.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dark Raiden would be the hardest for the same reason why fighting playable characters (i.e. Dante in DMC4) is hard, they have movesets balanced around player empowerment. Lots of defensive options, near instant start ups to attacks and next to no telegraph, can cheese the player with superior reaction speed and on top of that they have boss level health.

And I love them for it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Must be stupid short then.

There's a gold trophy for beating it in under an hour on Revengeance

if that's any indication of length(could just be piss easy)

At least it should have different waves on the higher difficulties. Hopefully they're fun this time around with Sam's moves.(Haven't seen any Mastiff's yet so there's hope)

zainetor

Banned
I gues 2 ours circa, the first time.

Bigger differences I noticed:
Ripper mode on some enemies and harder boss battles than raiden
Sam is much more faster and agile. His dodge is similar to bare fist raiden, which has a very low recovery. No ripper mode.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
First boss was a lot harder than he was in the normal game for me. Camera made it much more frustrating unfortunately. Really had to wrestle with it.

Erigu

It also appears that there's no Customization screen for Sam so it looks like everything is unlocked for him from the get-go (maybe except for Health. The stream I'm watching has Sam at 170% health which seems a pretty arbitrary number to top his health off).
I got my health up to 200%. Seems I'm still missing a fuel cell though.

icespide

Banned
it just hit me, it makes sense now that the wood stick snake DLC isn't coming to the US because David Hayter is no longer the voice of snake =(

RangerBAD

Oh, shit, some guy in Houston ran through a building cutting people as he ran... At some college. Watch them blame games like Rising. ; ;

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, shit, some guy in Houston ran through a building cutting people as he ran... At some college. Watch them blame games like Rising. ; ;

The best way to beat a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with a knife.

Seik

Banned
Hmmm, it's going to be one of those rare DLCs that I will buy.

Next week end can't come soon enough.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This an why doesn't it have achievements? Are you telling me we're supposed to pay more to get less features?
It does have achievements, I got one for completing the dlc. And as far as we know, that $7 price tag was just a rumor and the official price will probably be 10.

Other things to note: vr missions are only accessible in the dlc missions, credits are played again when the dlc is over, sam doesn't have a stealth attack :/

Kusagari

It does have achievements, I got one for completing the dlc. And as far as we know, that $7 price tag was just a rumor and the official price will probably be 10.

Other things to note: vr missions are only accessible in the dlc missions, credits are played again when the dlc is over, sam doesn't have a stealth attack :/

I don't see the achievements on xbox.com. All I see is a bunch of VR stuff, none of the Sam trophies that have been listed.

Top Bottom