• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

In what world is this a spoiler? This is about as much of a spoiler as saying how long it will take you to beat the game.

Now I want to drop a real spoiler without tags only I don't spoil stuff so I am not gonna.

It sets a mental precedent for when he actually plays the game

Dahbomb

Nothing you've said is really a spoiler but knowing anything about the final boss, especially since I know Jett has been avoiding media like I have, can be kind of annoying. Discussion like that, even with spoiler tags, just invites people to make vague statements that can inadvertently give something away or someone may forget to use tags and ruin the game for nearly everyone since no one is playing it yet.
I am ok with this. I will tone down the comparisons and hints about the game until after release date.

In what world is this a spoiler? This is about as much of a spoiler as saying how long it will take you to beat the game.

Now I want to drop a real spoiler without tags only I don't spoil stuff so I am not gonna.

Mentioning specific parts of what happens during the final battle and comparing it to another game before it is even out would count as a spoiler to a lot of people, me included.

Dahbomb

Mentioning specific parts of what happens during the final battle and comparing it to another game before it is even out would count as a spoiler to a lot of people, me included.
I never mentioned specific parts in the boss fight. So as far as I am concerned you are agreeing with me that I didn't spoil shit.

It sets a mental precedent for when he actually plays the game
Here's a mental precedent for you.

Game is balls to the walls over the top action. Oh sorry now I have set up a mental precedent for players and they are spoiled because they will go into the game expexcting such action so their experience is ruined.

Or something.

Can you
at least finish combos between cutscenes? That shit was annoying as fuck in DmC

Game is balls to the walls over the top action. Oh sorry now I have set up a mental precedent for players and they are spoiled because they will go into the game expexcting such action so their experience is ruined.

Or something.

You monster

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am ok with this. I will tone down the comparisons and hints about the game until after release date.

Thanks. I already saw someone asking a question about an enemy and comparing it to another MGS enemy, which gave a bit away. I just kind of want to nip that sort of thing in the bud before it gets out of control.

Gbraga

The last boss fight in this game had more interruptions than the last boss of DmC.

Oh boy...

This is not where the similarities end:

FUCK everywhere (actually a whole lot more than DmC), Poison Boss fight (but a lot better) is the one before the Senator boss fight and the twitter shit in the end lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
^Please stop these comparisons. I already think I have a pretty good idea of how the final fight will play out now. It's what I expected but still, giving it a direct comparison to a game I just played recently makes it pretty obvious, even if there are no details given.

I never mentioned specific parts in the boss fight. So as far as I am concerned you are agreeing with me that I didn't spoil shit.

Or something.

C'mon, it's not that ridiculous

Anyways,
when Raiden fights with the giant severed MG arm, I thought "it would be amazing if he could zandatsu with it", and lo and behold....

GOTY

Gbraga

^Please stop these comparisons. I already think I have a pretty good idea of how the final fight will play out now. It's what I expected but still, giving it a direct comparison to a game I just played recently makes it pretty obvious, even if there are no details given.

I was actually talking about the game, not the final boss fight.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was actually talking about the game, not the final boss fight.

Ah, OK cool. Sorry, I guess I'm just getting a bit too defensive. I should probably just clear out for a few days. I just had several things spoiled for me about DmC right before launch in the same way and I wanted to keep that from happening here.

zatara

Gotta love Gamestop, a dude was telling me today that if I didn't preorder that I would have a hard time finding the game because not many people know about it and once the initial shipment sells they may not get more.

Akainu

Gotta love Gamestop, a dude was telling me today that if I didn't preorder that I would have a hard time finding the game because not many people know about it and once the initial shipment sells they may not get more.
Got to make that sell.

Do gamestop employees have a preorder quota?

UrbanRats

*sees all that FINAL BOSS talk*

irFrA9wmfPVgu.gif

I'm just walking around the house randomly yelling "NANOMACHINES, SON!" now. It's way too addictive

I'm glad the guy who wrote MGS4 also probably wrote that bit as well, it probably retroactively makes that game better.

Im not going to give rising a pass just because its made by P*

Developers please note:

CUTSCENES DURING BOSS FIGHTS ARE FUCKING ANNOYING!!!

that said.....
Jeanne 3 is still the best way to do it, if you must do it

Gbraga

I'm just walking around the house randomly yelling "NANOMACHINES, SON!" now. It's way too addictive

I'm glad the guy who wrote MGS4 also probably wrote that bit as well, it probably retroactively makes that game better.

I need to see that :(

Im not going to give rising a pass just because its made by P*

Developers please note:

CUTSCENES DURING BOSS FIGHTS ARE FUCKING ANNOYING!!!

that said.....
Jeanne 3 is still the best way to do it, if you must do it

This. So much this.

Also, Platinum needs to have more confidence in their gameplay, they don't need QTEs, the gameplay is satisfying enough, you don't need scripted "epic moments", you create your own epic shit through gameplay.

Please throw the QTEs and mid-boss fight cutscene away. It seems to be a lot better in MGR than Bayo (the QTEs) at least, it's already something.

I need to see that :(

This. So much this.

Also, Platinum needs to have more confidence in their gameplay, they don't need QTEs, the gameplay is satisfying enough, you don't need scripted "epic moments", you create your own epic shit through gameplay.

Please throw the QTEs and mid-boss fight cutscene away. It seems to be a lot better in MGR than Bayo (the QTEs) at least, it's already something.

Between, this, Bayo, Asuras wrath, NG3 and a bunch of other action games that have come out of japan this gen, I honestly think the japanese don't mind QTE's half as much as we do. I mean who keeps asking for this shit?

Until they start letting me throw giant Metal Gears in actual combat, QTE's will suffice.

Until they start letting me throw giant Metal Gears in actual combat, QTE's will suffice.
I dunno I think if they gave Raiden the ability to run up larger enemies or more acrobatic manuevers, those QTE's with the robots could have been unnecessary.... one can dream though..

edit: Even though Vanquish was a shooter, I loved how they barely had QTEs with big bosses which allowed them to come back as normal enemies in later levels..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Everybody play on hard.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
My biggest fear from the demo that the game would end up being way too easy between the automatic rations and the enemies being walking health dispensers. Looks like it was true. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I always do a Normal run first

Don't need to be "challenged" initially. There will be plenty of that in obtaining the trophy pack.(hopefully) I like to experiment on the base difficulty when learning a new game

I got nothing to prove

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well this game doesn't have any trophies requirements for normal, unlike PG's other games

So go for it I guess

first playthrough is always about learning for me, so it doesn't matter how hard it is.

TechJunk

I found the demo looked good, but I didn't get enough time with it to get really accustomed to the style/controls, and sucked pretty bad. Definitely looking forward to getting some more playtime with it... Speaking of which, do we know if this is Day 1 Digital on PSN or retail only?

Top Bottom