• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

RedSwirl

What difference is there? They've obviously spent years making games and working with APIs, engines and hardware. I'd expect them to understand how things work. It makes it even more laughable when one man like Durante can fix their screwups (Dark Souls for example and no doubt this game too).

But they're not accustomed (or possibly not even aware) of the features PC gamers are used to. On Steam for instance there are a lot of obscure Japanese games that can only be run in ridiculously low resolutions and have almost no graphics options.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Just got started with the game after sorting out my own 30hz issues through HDMI.

The game looks very very nice and so far is very smooth, I'm certainly happy so far and look forward to playing more of it.
Well, how did you sort out the problem? I have it, too.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I should have none better than to preorder this shit. PC and Japanese developers don't mix well. I have shitty Wifi from my room that goes out easily.

RK9039

i6xDs4NTHrz11.jpg

I've never felt tension like this before...

Glass Rebel

I was too lazy to look around for a 1080p@24fps fix but so I put it at 1680x150 and played the first two missions.

Game is still amazing.

Grief.exe

I should have none better than to preorder this shit. PC and Japanese developers don't mix well. I have shitty Wifi from my room that goes out easily.

Until the bug gets fixed you might want to hold out.

Just tested it and it is a pretty quick CTD if you lose connection.

This game has borderless windowed mode? I don't see an option for it.

Nope, there is a mod available for it though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, how did you sort out the problem? I have it, too.

Like above posts I have an AMD card and connect via HDMI so I went to the CCC and made a resolution of 1920 x 1076 60hz in the HDTV support section. Game worked at 60 FPS the next time I booted the game.

MNC

VR Training, everything Low, Res @ 1366x768, GT 540M, I GET 55FPS! WOOP! I love it! Had no idea it would run great on my laptop but this is certainly good enough for me for now!

Levyne

Banned
No framerate bugs going fullscreen, yay. Maxed out 60fps. Just black bars for having a 16:10 monitor. But I guess it HAS TO BE THIS WAY

ViviOggi

VR Training, everything Low, Res @ 1366x768, GT 540M, I GET 55FPS! WOOP! I love it! Had no idea it would run great on my laptop but this is certainly good enough for me for now!

VR training is as bare-bones as it gets though, you'll want to play a bit further before celebrating too much. I'd still say you're good, but most likely not 55fps good.

Squire

Banned
I was too lazy to look around for a 1080p@24fps fix but so I put it at 1680x150 and played the first two missions.

Game is still amazing.

I played the tutorial and some of the first mission like that just to see how the game performs.

But honestly? I don't wanna play it like that. They need to fix this whole thing.

Seeing all the shit this port is getting has convinced me to just ask for a refund.

Oh Konami.

I don't blame you.

Dmax3901

Could someone point me to a way to fix the resolution, and that program that allows you to configure a gamepad? You put in the game directory and it does all the stuff, I can't remember what it's called...

Grief.exe

Seeing how unoptimized it is for most people for one.

Year old console ports shouldn't be struggling to get 60FPS.

Its actually optimized pretty well, people are even playing it on outdated CPUs from 2006/2007.

Only thing that is unoptimized is the AA/AF solution, turn those down and your FPS will spike upwards.

Also, as for the 'DRM,' its just a bug

This is definitely a function of the way MGR uses the Steam API. Using a modified steam_api.dll allows it to work in Steam Offline mode. I can't say whether it's a bug or deliberate implementation, but it's not any other sort of DRM, all Steam.

Yeah, I just tested this and it works. It's definitely a bug of using the Steamworks API incorrectly if this causes it. No extra DRM to be found.

Glass Rebel

I played the tutorial and some of the first mission like that just to see how the game performs.

But honestly? I don't wanna play it like that. They need to fix this whole thing.

Yeah, it's shitty but it's still the least blurriest option until there's a fix. It's not like I won't go more than once through the game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Game is working perfectly fine for me at 1080p/Constant 60FPS (until I start slicing stuff a bit too much.)

i7 4770k
16GB of RAM

I just wish I could put the game at 1920x1200 or even better downsample it. :(

Xbox 360 controller works perfectly from the get-go, no need for X360CE.

EDIT: I don't remember the cutscene running this smoothly on PS3, is it just me?

Cerity

Just beat the blade wolf, it's interesting how the game forces you to use parry and there is a non existant dodge (yet at least). In most other games parry is useless/circumstantial and dodge is about 200x more useful.

I'll be stopping here until they fix some of the issues though, my connection is flakey at the best of times and the whole showing keyboard commands when you're using a controller has caused me to miss out on a few QTE things.

ViviOggi

Its actually optimized pretty well, people are even playing it on outdated CPUs from 2006/2007.

Only thing that is unoptimized is the AA/AF solution, turn those down and your FPS will spike upwards.

In-game AF is unoptimized? Never thought about that, I'll check whether forcing it over the driver makes a difference for me tomorrow as I am in fact one of those playing on a rusty Q6600.

Any tips for cutting off the left hands? After only managed to do it twice so far. Always end up slicing right through the palm.

And I have a GTX670, I53570K and have AF to 16, MSAA to max, etc and I have a steady 60 FPS(via fraps) without drops.

Parsnip

I have AF set to 16 and it doesn't seem like it's tanking my framerate or anything.

I did turn AA way off in-game though. I'm completely satisfied with injecting some SMAA into it for now.

Jintor

I'm playing on hard and enjoying the game. The music is cool, the animations are great, the game runs perfectly smooth.

But man, the camera...

Am I missing something? The first boss was a fucking pain in the ass because the camera kept locking into his head when I wanted to attack his legs.
The lock on switch didn't seem to do much either.

Camera really is the thing that I'm struggling with and I'm afraid it might make some cheap deaths..

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Rising's camera is a fucking steaming pile of shit. The only advice I can really give to you is to get a good sense of when to cancel your lock-on and control manually, and then when to re-initiate lock-on.

You haven't even met the fucking mastiffs yet. Good god.

Lain

It's a bug.

If it's a bug good, so they'll fix it soon hopefully.
But until it is fixed I'll have to stop playing, because I lose connection from time to time and getting booted to the desktop during important moments would kill me, figuratively speaking.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but why do people think Platinum is going to patch any of this (the resolution issue or the online hiccup)?

Have they said they planned on post launch support? Because, y'know, colour me cynical but I'm not just going to go around expecting fixes.

Aramiyo

Banned
Have they said they planned on post launch support? Because, y'know, colour me cynical but I'm not just going to go around expecting fixes.

Well if something like the always online is a bug I imagine they are gonna get on that quickly. Could really kill some sales.

Top Bottom