• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

nOoblet16

I saw someone post screens from the Jetstream Sam DLC, since it's only been hours since launch I'm assuming I don't have to finish the game for it. So how do I unlock it?

Gbraga

Yep, borderless window doesn't work for me, it chops part of the screen, like it's zooming in. I'll try a custom resolution.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but why do people think Platinum is going to patch any of this (the resolution issue or the online hiccup)?

Have they said they planned on post launch support? Because, y'know, colour me cynical but I'm not just going to go around expecting fixes.
Resolution fix would be a courtesy, specially considering Durante fixed it easily, game sold a lot and there's a lot of demand for official support.

Online issue they're pretty much obliged to fix otherwise risk shit like the game being taken down from the storefront, among other stuff.

Jintor

if i had known it was going to take so long to fucking unpack, I would have booted up my computer before my morning walk :T

Salih

i forgot how fucking fun this game is. glad to be back.
also so good to skip every story-related conversation *skipskipskip*

MNC

Holy shit. That wasn't a crash. I lost my internet signaal and the game flat out quit STRAIGHT AWAY. What kind of fucking DRM bullshit is this?

^ what epmode said. We sure this isn't DRM?

Clawww

Holy shit. That wasn't a crash. I lost my internet signaal and the game flat out quit STRAIGHT AWAY. What kind of fucking DRM bullshit is this?

it's a bug

given the way it fucks you out of the game completely I think it's pretty clearly unintentional

JPN gotta learn the ways of Steam/PC

we need gaben to send missionaries out East tbh

Always online is really fucking dumb. I don't think it'll be that much of a problem for me personally since my home PC where I'd be playing it had a rock solid connection. Shit happens though.

Don't they realise that Steam is already DRM? Between this and the region restriction I think that Konami was overzealous as the Steam platform would allow

Nyoro SF

Uh... given how Steam has been on the fritz for me lately by randomly disconnecting me these past couple of days, I'm a bit antsy about playing now...

Grief.exe

^ what epmode said. We sure this isn't DRM?

Yes, they were testing it in the other thread and found it had to do with Rising looking for some callback from the Steamworks API, then fails when it doesn't receive it.

Looks like they tested all of their Steamworks implementation, but forgot to test when that wasn't available.

Alexlf

Always online is really fucking dumb. I don't think it'll be that much of a problem for me personally since my home PC where I'd be playing it had a rock solid connection. Shit happens though.

Don't they realise that Steam is already DRM? Between this and the region restriction I think that Konami was overzealous as the Steam platform would allow

Did you read the OP?

Edit:
Whooops, wrong thread. My bad. It seems to be a bug in the Steam API, not intentional DRM. It will hopefully be patched.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Can't say I'm enjoying this game. The camera is absolutely awful, the controls feel really sticky and sluggish in ninja-run mode and the slicing feels really, really, unnatural. I'm doing the second part of the first boss (the Metal gear thing) when you're on the roof-top and it's taking forever just to whittle his health down a bit.

I'm really beginning to regret my purchase.

Thrakier

Ok, did anyone else encounter the bug where the game suddenly doesn't above 55FPS anymore. It was smooth 60 all the time but now it seems to be locked at 55FPS for no reason...didn't change anything. Changing graphics setting doesn't do anything.

nOoblet16

Can't say I'm enjoying this game. The camera is absolutely awful, the controls feel really sticky and sluggish in ninja-run mode and the slicing feels really, really, unnatural. I'm doing the second part of the first boss (the Metal gear thing) when you're on the roof-top and it's taking forever just to whittle his health down a bit.

Lol, you aren't even on the first chapter of the game and you don't have the zandatsu ability yet either.

You can lock on to an enemy by pressing RB and you don't even need to block or parry at all for the prologue level (this is the core mechanic behind the game and is what makes this game so awesome), you can avoid attacks just by jumping and running away. In short finish the prologue so that you can play the real game.

Levyne

Banned

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing on normal and his health drops like a rock after the blade mode prompts.

Welp, found out why Lightboost doesn't work in fullscreen.

The game isn't just capped at 60fps. It actually caps the refresh rate at 60hz. Lightboost doesn't work sub 100hz.

Platinum... guys. This is not good. No bueno. No excuse. Come. On.

In some respects, you guys did just as bad a job as From Software and Namco Bandai. Seriously. Dark Souls locks the refresh rate in fullscreen as well.

DSFix fortunately fixed this problem.

MGRFix... I think I would donate for this to happen if Platinum refuses to update the game.

Tried to play, no black bars here at 1080 but I dont know why my tv screen locks itself to 24Hz when if I put it at other resolutions its at 60Hz. Playing at high the rest seems to work fine.

However two massive bugs during the first level.

When you go on the ninja race against the guy with the prime minister this thing happened. He stays in the running animation, thought I couldnt continue so I restarted from the checkpoint. Same thing happened, but I just continued the race and I could get to the next part all fine.
DEB4EBAE1D788CA6232A4030AEF6D512FE2DFD9E

When the first boss throws you against the clock tower this thing happened. Its stayed like that but the game was still working (although Raiden was like in idle death mode), used the pause menu to restart from the checkpoint, the game just stayed forever in the loading screen. Had to force the game off.

Going to restart the whole level, to see if it happens again.

nOoblet16

Parry what exactly? The missiles? When he hit's me with his arm... thing?

For the missiles just ninja run towards them or around the roof while slashing, you'll cut through all of them.
You can either parry or just run towards the screen back and you'll avoid it and then hit him while he's stuck. If you are aggressive enough it'll only be able to do the arm attack twice before you take it down (on normal).

d0c_zaius

that'd require sony to release drivers for the ds4 first, no?

FF14 worked with some minor tweaking. I'm not asking for PS4 features just wireless controller functionality but I can use Better DS3 for now.

BTW, the 24fps fullscreen lock issue is based on the monitor you are displaying at, in case this wasn't mentioned already.

Top Bottom