• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3: FINAL JUDGMENT (with voice actor pics and new art!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorey

ConfusingJazz said:
The point is that its a general gaming forum on the internet thats typically funny and informative with an good OT forum as well. And to make it by, don't be an ass and you will get by fine. Its kinda simple.

I think the above statement hits it on the head.

Don't really feel qualifed to comment on this stuff, but for any Junior Members reading this, it's not that hard. Rethink your opinions if they are proven wrong or misinformed, and try not to act like an idiot. Pretty basic stuff.

Chipopo

Banned
Trakball; I was on the same page with you 3 years ago when I first found this forum. Drinky Crow and MAF got away with a bunch of normally unacceptable stuff, and it truly bothered me. It was enraging! How come I can't do that! What makes them special?!

Drinky's being extremely candid with you in this thread, and I think he's diffused any logical reasons for you to express anymore grievance. This is what it boils down to:

Drinky said:
This is our forum, and we decide how things are run. We are not going to randomly ban people we don't like, however, we are not interested in being held strictly accountable for the TOS, and there ARE exceptions for members that we know personally or impersonally over time

St. Cornelius (am i rite?) said:
Not fair!

Drinky said:

St. Cornelius said:
More recycled bitching

This is a privately run forum and there is no reason for them to change their system, which has worked for many moons and has attracted a rather large community. And they make no pretense for the system being completely fair or just. You can continue to waste time complaining, or you can look at the finer qualities of the forum (obviously SOMETHING is keeping you here) and learn to avoid what bothers you.

Honestly, you've been complaining about how unfair this shit is for a LONG, LONG, LONG time if you are St. Cornelius, and it makes you look like a bitch. Move on.

In the end, it boils down to the same old shit: GEEK PRIDE.

You're gonna lose a few, kids, if your pre-emptive policy is to ALWAYS BE RIGHT and DAMMIT THE ASSHOLES CAN'T WIN IT'S NOT FAIR. Lord knows I've lost more'n a few times with that strategy. Let it go; laugh at your own stupidity; accept life. Any egalitarian posturing isn't because you have some sort of altruistic urge; no, you're just pissed because the current system doesn't play easy for YOU and you hope that a change WILL put you closer to the top.

It's a FORUM ON THE INTARWEB. You choose to be here. We listen to you because we think 90% of you are good chaps, but when you think you can cut your place in this forum without any consideration for the rest of the posters -- and that includes your ability to sling epithets, act cutesy, demand unqualified consideration, or wage personal feuds -- well, that's when you run afoul of me.

By whining about your bans or attempting to subvert the system, you send me one clear message: you NEED to be here. And that's okay. But when you refuse to change so you can satisfy that need and expect US to change for YOU -- well, that's the recipe for a permaban. Fishie ran up against it; m0rphix ran up against it (and apparently figured it out); and leguna will continue to run into it until he gets that this is a COMMUNITY, not a soapbox for personality pimpage.

And no, I don't have it in for Leguna. I actually expected him to answer my question and tell us why we should take him seriously, or to at least treat it rhetorically indicating that he GOT THE POINT. He chose to puff up his chest, and he likewise chose to take the fall.

PRIDE, motherfuckers.

Socreges

Banned
Leguna deserved it, as far as I'm concerned. He returned from being banned and immediately acted like an unreasonable, arrogant prick. You can disagree, and be just as right, but it's ultimately up to a handful of people (who may be encouraged in one way or another - ie, "rubs me the wrong way"). My only problem, and of course I've got one, is that there are several people who are far more disruptive. And they're fairly proficient at turning threads into shit-storms. It'd be nice if these people at least thought there were consequences in it for them if they continued. Consider m0rphix. Apparently he's a good poster now. That's awesome. But five other fuckfaces (from whatever allegiance) have taken his place.

Jumping on a popular game designer's crotch and vowing to be the next "Kojima/Miyamoto/Sakaguchi/Suzuki" isn't going to get you that far at all. Think of it, all of those game designers actually weren't interested in videogames at a young age at all. And they aren't obsessed with videogames now, by a long shot, and they all have outside interests that take a bigger place in their heart.
Kojima = cinema
Suzuki = wine and cars
Miyamoto = banjo and toys
Sakaguchi = writing rejected shop opera scripts

In fact, you'll probably just continue to only be able to write reviews (if you were atleast good at that ;). The more games you play games, the more you'll lose imagination and end up copying alot of stuff if ever you do get to direct your own game.

Kobun Heat said:
plus artwork that looks like something I would have drawn in, uh, eighth grade aren't worth more than a chuckle
does that artpeice he resemble an official MGS3 art peice? I don't remember.

Trakball

Banned
My F*cking Grandpa said:
Honestly, you've been complaining about how unfair this shit is for a LONG, LONG, LONG time if you are St. Cornelius, and it makes you look like a bitch. Move on.

Unless you've gained moderator status, why do you feel necessary to say this to me? If *I* look like a bitch for "complaining", as you say, what exactly do YOU look like by running to the mods' defense?

Drinky Crow said:
PRIDE, motherfuckers.

Oh, whatever. It's Lord of the Flies 2K5. Brought to you by EA!

jett

D-Member
Fuck, is Leguna's attitude disgusting...I'm glad he's banned. I bet he's fuming and wondering what the fuck did he do this time. :lol

Saturnman

Banned
Fight the power, Trakball. But it's a losing battle. Other people have already warned you it is futile.

I also fully support Leguna, but the mods decided they don't like him. He was marked for death from the beginning. It's unfair, but it's GA. Let it go.

Chipopo

Banned
Hey, you could look at it as me running to the mods defense (personally I could give fuck-all about the mods) or you could take it at face value. Up to you.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BTW, if you must know I've gotten on MAF's ass about a lot of things in the past. I'm pretty sure I've banned him too.

Just to set the record straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom