• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

brau

Me? Bloodbourne, TPP and MGO. I want to start TLoU but I'm waiting on Fallout. Shit yeah I'm looking forward to it!

What about you?

Waiting on Fallout 4 for sure. I was getting into modding TW3. Been having a blast with that on PC. I really need something to hold me off till the 10th tho. Its gonna be epic.

I think it happened right after he made his last post in here.

Didn't even realize. i guess i can ask him on Twitter.

Shy...why even ask? Do you know where we're at? nuff said..

ZING!!! ;)

where we're at? huh?

JayEH

It really annoys me there is no new game option in TPP. Don't want to delete my save. Guess I'll just get the xbone version eventually.

Shy

Thanks, me too.
You're welcome.
How's everyone been anyway? I feel like I pretty much stopped posting after TPP was released.
Yeah, i think it really took the wind out of a lot of people's sails.
Anyone got the platinum yet?
Nah, though i would be more inclined to do so if is could turn down the game audio, so i could listen to a podcast while i'm back through missions.

MajorTom

You're welcome.

Yeah, i think it really took the wind out of a lot of people's sails.

Nah, though i would be more inclined to do so if is could turn down the game audio, so i could listen to a podcast while i'm back through missions.

Yeah the lack of audio options is really strange.
I was determined to get the plat until I finished the story. That ending just really bothered me. I'm sure I'll get back to it some day.
It's almost time for Fallout now though :D

Shy

Yeah the lack of audio options is really strange.
I was determined to get the plat until I finished the story. That ending just really bothered me. I'm sure I'll get back to it some day.
It's almost time for Fallout now though :D
Yep, yep and yep. :D

disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif

that seems like PC modding to check things out.

yeah. they obviously built an old MB for the cutscene. i wouldn't call that video evidence that it was supposed to be playable at any point

i really would love to know that that thing that "can only be done in gaming" is though

JayEH

LostAnkh

So, what is everyone doing this evening, anything interesting. ?
I'm still trying to beat TPP, but I won't in time for Fallout 4. I'm 38% done, doing whatever I can in the game, including all Mission Tasks and Side Ops.

Plus, I just free roaming and sneaking around old outposts.

Alright so I defend MGSV a lot and I like the game, but I've been watching the trailers and I can't help but feel slightly disappointed over how the story ended up. I mean, I appreciate what Kojima did in the end, but the story that I was imagining before the game released was SO COOL. When I first watched the Nuclear trailer I thought that the story couldn't get any better than what I had in my head. I remember almost getting sick after watching it because of hype. And then the Elegia trailer... MAN.
I was expecting some real shit to go down with Big Boss.

Though when I think about it, the same thing happened with Rising. The trailers had a waaaayy different tone from the actual game. The trailers were all dark and shit but the actual game was a joke. Kojima's good at deceiving in his trailers.

Speaking of the Nuclear trailer, I want the fucking scene where bloody Snake screams. :^(

I'm guessing that's the nuclear abolition thing. We'll have to wait for Kojima's confirmation though.

i wouldn't be surprised if you're right. but didn't he directly reference going back to camp omega when discussing this?

Alright so I defend MGSV a lot and I like the game, but I've been watching the trailers and I can't help but feel slightly disappointed over how the story ended up. I mean, I appreciate what Kojima did in the end, but the story that I was imagining before the game released was SO COOL. When I first watched the Nuclear trailer I thought that the story couldn't get any better than what I had in my head. I remember almost getting sick after watching it because of hype. And then the Elegia trailer... MAN.
I was expecting some real shit to go down with Big Boss.

Though when I think about it, the same thing happened with Rising. The trailers had a waaaayy different tone from the actual game. The trailers were all dark and shit but the actual game was a joke. Kojima's good at deceiving in his trailers.

Speaking of the Nuclear trailer, I want the fucking scene where bloody Snake screams. :^(

what are you talking about? the tone of the game is incredibly dark. there are silly elements in the gameplay, but the cutscenes are darker and more serious than any other mgs game

Am I the only one here who's completely addicted to FOBs? The last two weeks or so I've just been playing nothing but nonstop FOB missions. After you get into it and start to learn more about the layout of the maps and the guard placement it gets really, really fun. Feels a lot more difficult than most of the campaign which I found to be an absolute cakewalk. Plus I like the smaller more contained approach where you go in with only what you can carry and you get no outside support. Makes me feel like I'm playing one of the older MGS games sometimes.

Top Bottom