• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid - E3 2006 Thread (HD TRAILER UP)

brandonh83 said:
Hopefully it was something really bad and we get a playable flashback. Operation: Kill Rose. That'll be one fission I will not mail.

If it was it'd be the Raiden that people hated, which really wouldn't please alot of people.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I hope someone gives an overview of the new Hidechan podcast

hidechanRadio_bana_77_off.gif

For those that can't tell, that's Shinkawa, Kojima and....NOMURA!

why would Kojima stink up his atmopshere with Nomura? am he learning how to make shitty games?

RaijinFY

SolidSnakex said:
I hope someone gives an overview of the new Hidechan podcast

hidechanRadio_bana_77_off.gif

For those that can't tell, that's Shinkawa, Kojima and....NOMURA!

WTF??? I didnt even notice until I read It was Nomura.... blah!!! No emo guys in MGS plz!!!

Nomura, eh?

Kingdom Hearts 2 is freakin' awesome! Just keep that ball rolling that way, hanging out with Kojima certainly helps, so I'm extremely looking forward to FF Versus 13.

Laurent

SolidSnakex said:
You should change the transparency settings of the "Metal Gear Solid 4" layer to Multiply, so that you wouldn't get brighter dots to the beginning and end of the caligraphic strokes...

OatmealMu

This has probably been discussed, but is anyone else bothered by the static highlights in the character's eyes? After HL2, characters without dynamically lit eyes seem so lifeless.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Laurent said:
You should change the transparency settings of the "Metal Gear Solid 4" layer to Multiply, so that you wouldn't get brighter dots to the beginning and end of the caligraphic strokes...
That's just a screenshot from the trailer, and it looks just like that. Probably due to some compression artifacting.

VNZ

Laurent said:
I thought of that little detail too, and figured it must've be a design decision. Otherwise the white outline wouldn't look as clean.

Question

The city that snake finds himself in during MGS4, will it be free to roam anywhere I want?
or do i have to follow a linear road or is the city "open" to go wherever I want just like in GTA?

Man I really hope its free to go anywhere I want.

robertsan21 said:
Question

The city that snake finds himself in during MGS4, will it be free to roam anywhere I want?
or do i have to follow a linear road or is the city "open" to go wherever I want just like in GTA?

Man I really hope its free to go anywhere I want.

I was thinking the same thing... It would be pretty ambitous if they are aiming for a free roaming city with that kind of detail and interactivity... If it happens it will probably be cut into sections with brief load screens in between like in every MGS. With the harddisk being standard in PS3 though, GTA-like streaming might be achievable O_O

Naked Snake said:
I was thinking the same thing... It would be pretty ambitous if they are aiming for a free roaming city with that kind of detail and interactivity... If it happens it will probably be cut into sections with brief load screens in between like in every MGS.

yeah would be sweet but I doubt it will happen, it sounds to good to be true....KOJIMA MAKE IT HAPPEN

Hot damn Karasu, what's the size of your HDTV screen?

HD resolutions seriously can't be truely appreciated on small screens... I run HD videos on a 17" widescreen LCD all the time, and sure they look great, but I'm sure it's a whole different level of awesomeness on a large HDTV, I have yet to see one in person though.

I could see the free-roaming level design happening what with Kojima saying cutscens will be more in level (like Half-Life 2). The helicopter part would be a regular cutscene, but the scenes with Meryl and Naomi could happen right as you walk up to them.

karasu

Naked Snake said:
Hot damn Karasu, what's the size of your HDTV screen?

HD resolutions seriously can't be truely appreciated on small screens... I run HD videos on a 17" widescreen LCD all the time, and sure they look great, but I'm sure it's a whole different level of awesomeness on a large HDTV, I have yet to see one in person though.

It's a 50inch 720p set

karasu said:
Pics don't really tell the story, but sure.

Holy crap, that's beautiful!

Dammit, playing this on anything less than a bigass HD tv will be a great disservice. I need to earn a couple of extra thousand bucks to get a HD tv by the time MGS4 comes out.

Zenith

Banned
So, "The Report" has been on hiatus for 2 weeks now, yet Kojima still manages to produce Hidechan every week. You going to claim you have more work than Hideo, Ryan+Ken?

Akia

Zenith said:
So, "The Report" has been on hiatus for 2 weeks now, yet Kojima still manages to produce Hidechan every week. You going to claim you have more work than Hideo, Ryan+Ken?

I believe that they're out on assignment doing Hideo's bidding. Hopefully they're recording interviews with people they meet along the way for later episodes of the "report". I'm sure they'll restart as soon as they get back.

Zenith

Banned
I got bored waiting for The Report to come back so I grabbed some pics from the HD version and upped the contrast. For all you gunnuts here's what a Deagle looks like in 4D.

m3vo7.jpg

m2rx4.jpg

m1dw0.jpg

and Snake's gun. I think it's a Colt 1911 but the end of the barrel keeps getting hidden.

m4pe3.jpg

m5wd4.jpg

m6zs6.jpg

m7mh5.jpg

Snaku

Banned
m3vo7.jpg

Soneone's taken her Snake hero-worship a little far. Why do I get the feeling she's gonna be the main character in the next Metal Gear?

Top Bottom