• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid - E3 2006 Thread (HD TRAILER UP)

CosmicGroinPull said:
Poor Raiden. We know he was using artificial blood in MGS2, with his real blood in storage. So the Patriots didn't give it back?:lol

So basically
the Patriots didn't come through the the blood transplant, possibly believing Raiden wouldn't be able to live through his mission. The blood they gave him starts to go bad, he starts dying and the suit is created to stabalize him until they can find the Patriots? They should ask him where the baby from the promo art went.

Now we've got a confirmation that we'll be able to use enemy suits, hopefully we'll be able to take dropped weapons or atleast use disarms. The TGS trailer showed one, that's a feature that i've been wanting to be in the series.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
Now we've got a confirmation that we'll be able to use enemy suits, hopefully we'll be able to take dropped weapons or atleast use disarms. The TGS trailer showed one, that's a feature that i've been wanting to be in the series.

Yeah, that's probably one of the new moves kojima is talking about. Like a CQC move that ends exactly like that one in the TGS trailer with you pointing at a downed enemy with his weapon ;)

karasu

I'm playing MGS2. It has amazing atmosphere, but ugh, I can't beat that effin harrier. Oddly enough I just heard the part about Raiden's blood. haha wtf

Bearillusion said:
Probably been asked and answered but are we sure that Old Snake isn't Big Boss? Would explain him at the grave.

I'd say one way you know its Snake is because he isn't completely burnt. :p Snake set his ass a blaze in MG2.

SumGamer

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
I've scoured thre last 3 pages and can't find the damn HD trailer link. Can someone PLEASE repost it.

There is none. If you want it you have to use torrent. The link should be in a few pages back. Otherwise don't hope on a gig file hosted for free. 350MB HD on GT as well.

Sallokin

Gribbix said:
I don't think you find that out unless you get the "bad ending" where Meryl dies. Otherwise, you are led to believe that she is the Colonel's niece.

Damnit now I'm going to have to unearth my old PS1 copy and play through this again. I suppose it's about time considering it's been nearly 4 years.

jett

D-Member
WTF? Since when was Raiden using artificial blood in MGS2? That was never mentioned in the game.

p.s. that metal gear site has the worst mother****ing interface in the history of the universe. Can someone retype the info in the interview?

karasu

jett said:
WTF? Since when was Raiden using artificial blood in MGS2? That was never mentioned in the game.

Yeah it was. I just heard it earlier. Col Campbell revealed that Raiden's blood was in cold storage.

jett said:

Colonel: You're currently using artificial blood primed with nanomachines.
Raiden: What did you do with my own blood?
Colonel: It's being kept in cold storage. It will be circulated back into your body when you return.

jett said:
p.s. that metal gear site has the worst mother****ing interface in the history of the universe. Can someone retype the info in the interview?

-
Raiden's blood isn't real, its white and that's the reason he's so pale in the trailer.

- MKII is going to return. He doesn't know in which way because they're still trying to figure out how to make him atleast playable in some areas.

- Solid Eye will return

- The TGS trailer comes after the E3 trailer

- The part where Snake puts the gun in his mouth happens later in the game

- Almost all the events are made to look like they take place in the Middle East so everything would stay consistant for the trailer. So it sounds like they did a bit of tweaking to some scenes to make them look like a different place.

- The face paint system is returning. A form of the camo system will be back, you'll be able to wear enemy/ally colthing to blend in with them since Snake would look strange running around in his Octocam suit all the time.

- CQC to be alot more advanced

- They're done with gameplay idea, now they're just trying to fit them all into the game.

- Weapon modding is still in

- ! and ? will return

- Snake will have alot of unique moves now that Kojima didn't want to put in befor ebecause he thought they'd look strange in a videogame

jett

D-Member
Guess I missed that codec convo, or just didn't pay attention. :p

Thanks for the summary SSX. Wonder why Raiden just didn't get a regular blood transfusion, I guess they don't have them in the future. :p

BigBoss

Bearillusion said:
Or did he? :)

If you're implying that Old Snake is Big Boss, you're incorrect. Big Boss lost his right eye and you can see in the E3 trailer Snake has both eyes so its definitely Solid Snake, Kojima has confirmed it as well.

SolidSnakex said:
So basically
the Patriots didn't come through the the blood transplant, possibly believing Raiden wouldn't be able to live through his mission. The blood they gave him starts to go bad, he starts dying and the suit is created to stabalize him until they can find the Patriots? They should ask him where the baby from the promo art went.

Ooh, that's a nice theory. Only I think the suit could be stolen from the patriots, since it's branded "Tokugawa Heavy Industry" and they also made Olga's suit:

ninja7ao.jpg

BigBoss said:
If you're implying that Old Snake is Big Boss, you're incorrect. Big Boss lost his right eye and you can see in the E3 trailer Snake has both eyes so its definitely Solid Snake, Kojima has confirmed it as well.

Yeah I know but this is MGS. Anything can and usually does happen.

great interview!

when will we see gameplay?

at TGS this fall! whooohoooooo

MGS4 will be so awesome it´s crazy.
Konami can we please get a Demo like we did with MGS2 !

CosmicGroinPull said:
Ooh, that's a nice theory. Only I think the suit could be stolen from the patriots, since it's branded "Tokugawa Heavy Industry" and they also made Olga's suit:

Yah it'd have to be stolen i'd think since I doubt Raiden is going to be looking to make anymore deals with the Patriots. Unless they've got something held over him. Rose?

robertsan21 said:
when will we see gameplay?

at TGS this fall! whooohoooooo

I think that's where they're shooting for. Although if its not in place like it was at E3 it won't be shown there either. But that is suppose to be the place where we get more info on the "things you can't see" aspect of the game that Kojima has hyped.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm gonna have to play MGS2 all over again one of these days, I feel so out of it with all these little details I'm missing. Hell might even play all 3 of them just to get the complete refresh, atleast before MGS4 comes out.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
CosmicGroinPull said:
OMG! Tokugawa Heavy INDUSTORY ?! :lol How could you miss this, Ryan?

You dont get it do you. That's the same industory the did the SERECT version of the PS3 controller.

Zenith

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
- The TGS trailer comes after the E3 trailer

well, what he really said was that although the TGS one was released after E3's, some scenes from the TGS trailer are set before the scenes from the E3 one, hence why in the E3 one Snake already has the Solid Eye thing.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Zenith said:
well, what he really said was that although the TGS one was released after E3's, some scenes from the TGS trailer are set before the scenes from the E3 one, hence why in the E3 one Snake already has the Solid Eye thing.

What?
I think you mixed TGS with E3 ;)

bud

CosmicGroinPull said:
Poor Raiden. We know he was using artificial blood in MGS2, with his real blood in storage. So the Patriots didn't give it back?:lol

And :D at facepaints and enemy clothing!

huh?

when in mgs2 was revealed that he was using artificial blood!?

was it in the scene where raiden is held captured and olga is talking to him?

guys I need a pic of the title shot in the NEW HD trailer when snake is looking out over the city and the text Metal gear solid 4 comes up in black japanese style letters.

looked everywhere for it and I cant find it:(

I even tried pressing print screen when I had it playing in WMP but for some reason it cant grab a picture from the WMP:(

can someone post it here for me?

thanks

jenov4

robertsan21 said:
I even tried pressing print screen when I had it playing in WMP but for some reason it cant grab a picture from the WMP:(

can someone post it here for me?

thanks

I know the picture has been posted, but for next time, disable the hardware acceleration in WMP and you'll be able to take screenshots via print screen button.

SumGamer

jenov4 said:
I know the picture has been posted, but for next time, disable the hardware acceleration in WMP and you'll be able to take screenshots via print screen button.

Is that working all the time? Because sometime I can take a snapshot form one trailer but in another I can't, both using the same setting. Tried with WMP and PowerDVD, I thought it was somehow protected.

SumGamer said:
Is that working all the time? Because sometime I can take a snapshot form one trailer but in another I can't, both using the same setting. Tried with WMP and PowerDVD, I thought it was somehow protected.

Use VLC player to take screens. The draw back with it is there's a delay when you press pause so instead of pausing right where you want it it'll tick a few seconds before pausing completely. But it'll take screens of big video files the easiest.

jenov4 said:

are you talking about video acceleration?

I cant find any Hardware ecceleration....

jenov4

robertsan21 said:
are you talking about video acceleration?

I cant find any Hardware ecceleration....

Yep, my bad, it's Hardware Acceleration in the options. Drag the slider bar down to none, and you'll be able to take screenshots in WMP.

SumGamer said:

I'm not sure if it works all the time, but it's worked everytime I tried it. I just did it with the GS trailer and it worked.

SumGamer

SolidSnakex said:
Use VLC player to take screens. The draw back with it is there's a delay when you press pause so instead of pausing right where you want it it'll tick a few seconds before pausing completely. But it'll take screens of big video files the easiest.

That's what I'm doing right now :D thanks for the advise.

jiggle said:
Snake in KH3?

I'm not sure about KH3, but Kojima has said MGS4 will have a bigger crossover character than MGS3's Ape Escape monkies (which means Snake or someone from MGS would likely be in that game). No real hints about who it was though.

AniHawk

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not sure about KH3, but Kojima has said MGS4 will have a bigger crossover character than MGS3's Ape Escape monkies (which means Snake or someone from MGS would likely be in that game). No real hints about who it was though.

Is it Batman?

Top Bottom