• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Shadow780 said:
So I ordered the LE from Gamestop with that coupon, and this is what I got:

http://i.imgur.com/Xdyhjl.jpg[IMG]

lol

What should I do here?[/QUOTE]

I got the same exact thing. I emailed Gamestop orders about it on Friday, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Shadow780

ultranova17 said:
I got the same exact thing. I emailed Gamestop orders about it on Friday, and I'm still waiting for a response.

I'm gonna try buy/trade thread see if anyone's interested in a swap. If not just throw it on eBay.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ridley327 said:
Filled to the brim with people who have no idea how to play the game!

It seems like the Japanese players aren't too interested in the trophies, as most of the ones I've seen have imported their save files and show up with ridiculous equipment.

I've had more success with people that are experienced enough to play competently in missions. Far moreso than ones that don't.

Though this largely might have to do with me focusing on lategame Extra-Ops(mostly boss encounters to capture AI or mechs). I imagine the 'poor' players largely don't toggle the 'Unrestricted' tab during search which keeps them mostly playing the early game stuff.

The current system in place however isn't conducive for S-ranking Co-Op missions. No toggles for keeping appropriately leveled players in the room(so that underleveled and equipped players won't fuck things up when going for pure stealth), as well as BLOCKING Co-OP shout powers...which grants boosts on the battlefield to all players, but sacrifices any chance of S-ranking.

But yea, if you want S-ranks, you'll need to private match with people that are down for that experience. Regardless I have greatly enjoyed the co-op experience with strangers, for the most part I've had very few encounters with dumb players, and more often than not usually people quickly get on the same page. I have not tried many story missions in co-op, but the 4p 'boss' fights(to which there are plenty) have been great fun with others.

rvy said:
VzVq7.jpg

Gorge Sears, ladies and gentleman. Gorge motherfucking Sears.

Good stuff, lol.

I will squint or close my eyes when that scene appears, lest my body be defiled!

Did anyone else take a while getting used to the controls again in MGS2?

I forgot how ridiculous it was to try and shoot around a corner.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
icarus-daedelus said:
Well if all the fuckups are with MGS2 only, I can deal.

I will still shed a solitary tear for Secret Theater and Guy Savage, tho.
Haven't noticed anything off with MGS3 so I think you're pretty good to go.

AgentOtaku said:
Nah, it was my receiver. Had to set it to movie mode.
I had that problem too and I do not think it is our receivers. It makes no sense for us to have to set our receiver to movie mode in order to have sound on the rear-right speaker. The default sound should be mixed in a way to not require sound simulation / weird mixing from our receivers. :S

I really hope they patch this issue because it is very distracting to me and makes the cinematics really crappy sounding (cheap sounding).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
icarus-daedelus said:
Well if all the fuckups are with MGS2 only, I can deal.

I will still shed a solitary tear for Secret Theater and Guy Savage, tho.

the screens with the out of box text are from MGS3

but not a problem if you play in english. More of a problem than Gorge if you don't though

CO_Andy

Shadow780 said:
So I ordered the LE from Gamestop...
I see i'm not the only one who got an unpleasant surprise from Gamestop.

I'll also add MW3 was poorly packaged with two pieces of deflated bubblewrap.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Shadow780 said:
So I ordered the LE from Gamestop with that coupon, and this is what I got:

Xdyhjl.jpg

lol

What should I do here?
I'll take it. It's the only CoD I haven't played at launch since the first one.

I'm totally broke. I may be able to trade some old stuff since I have 60+ PS3 games. Mostly I was just kidding trying to get a freebie which I know won't happen.

Synless

I knew that the rain was nerfed in MGS2. I was thinking to myself that nostalgia must of been messing with me but now I know the truth.

InfiniteNine said:
Right into the ground!
It's only what they deserve for creating the Shagohod and being so annoying at Graniny Gorki.

InfiniteNine said:
The Sorrow section looks pretty cool.
What does it say about me that before I learned the trick for it that section was always really really long? :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
icarus-daedelus said:
It's only what they deserve for creating the Shagohod and being so annoying at Graniny Gorki.
Their screeches!

What does it say about me that before I learned the trick for it that section was always really really long? :p
I just remembered right now! Took way too long. lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Holy Jesus, just beat Extreme for the dog tags and the Solidus Chokehold was WAAAAY easier than I remember. That could not have been more than 10-15 seconds. For comparison, the PS2 version on Extreme or Euro Extreme was 1 minute to 1 and a half minutes. Looks like Bluepoint did something good with this port. It was silly to have that be the hardest part of the game. Now, the Metal Gears and Solidus are the hardest parts, as they should be.

I'll still put up a tutorial vid on how to do it, though, either tomorrow or Wednesday. I have a very easy method. Extreme Tengu strategies will be up tomorrow.

Jigsaw

Banned
Sub_Level said:
I'll still put up a tutorial vid on how to do it, though, either tomorrow or Wednesday. I have a very easy method. Extreme Tengu strategies will be up tomorrow.

do you still have to tranq snake or can he survive on his own this time?this part was terribly balanced on ps2

UrbanRats

Nuclear Muffin said:
Looking forward to the Silent Hill HD Collection!
sh3_comparison.jpg

(top=ps3, bottom=ps2)
Gotta love Konami.

Let's hope they fix this shit.
I'm actually only interested in MGS3 and PW (haven't played PW yet), but still.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Jigsaw said:
do you still have to tranq snake or can he survive on his own this time?this part was terribly balanced on ps2

He can survive on his own. Its easier to knock him out via stun grenade anyways.

Daigoro

eh? what am i supposed to be disgusted with in those SH shots above?

actually, nevermind...

Kagari said:
I'm holding on to my PS2 copies for sure.

as everyone should.

the same goes for "upgrading" to remastered versions of CD's, DVD's, BD's, etc. always always hang on to the old version until you are 100% sure that the new version is actually better than the old (and even then its chancy to get rid of the old).

that said, this HD collection is great and has a permenant place in my game collection now along with the old PS2 games. it makes up for whats missing with what it actually improves on.

UrbanRats

Daigoro said:
eh? what am i supposed to be disgusted with in those SH shots above?

actually, nevermind...
Half shit's missing.
Though tbh, that's probably why they pushed it back into 2012, at least i hope so.

rapid32.5

UrbanRats said:
sh3_comparison.jpg

(top=ps3, bottom=ps2)
Gotta love Konami.

PS2 game looks better than PS3 ? holy shit at these comparisons, fuck these devs!
I might as well buy a new PS2 and keep my old games.

Zen

Banned
UrbanRats said:
sh3_comparison.jpg

(top=ps3, bottom=ps2)
Gotta love Konami.

Holy shit how is that even possible? Are they using low settings from the PC version or something?

TUROK

Wow at those Silent Hill pics. I'm so glad I own the PC version of Silent Hill 3. It still looks astounding to this day, much better than the PS2 version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You guys need to realize that there must be a reason why they delayed SH HD to 2012 :)

Top Bottom