• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: RISING WebSite is Now LIVE! + Direct Feed Trailer

That trip and slice in mid air move was straight out of the Afro Samurai game.

The precise cutting during the fruit scene was pretty cool.

duckroll said:
I bet Raiden has an energy bar of some sort, which depletes when he uses special attacks with the sword, or fires the railgun. He probably recharges the energy from defeating certain enemies and grabbing their power supplies like in the cutscene.
That actually sounds pretty awesome.

If this had Kinect support, how would you slice? With your hand? But then you'd have to take it off the controller.

If it doesn't have Move support though, I'll be disappointed.

jett

D-Member
-PXG- said:
As lame as I think Move is, MGSR would be a lot of fun with motion controls.

Would be perfect with the Move if they truly intend the player to have full control over the angle of the slashes.

Man

jett said:
Would be perfect with the Move if they truly intend the player to have full control over the angle of the slashes.
This is what I was thinking. The slash itself should be pre-animated (because no puny human can measure up to this cyborg, you still 'slash-waggle' though) but the angle should be all Move.

KTallguy

Banned
duckroll said:
I bet Raiden has an energy bar of some sort, which depletes when he uses special attacks with the sword, or fires the railgun. He probably recharges the energy from defeating certain enemies and grabbing their power supplies like in the cutscene.

Yea it's definitely hinted at.

I guess it's a cool, seemingly MK2 inspired way to get energy :lol

KTallguy

Banned
These enemies are like clay, they don't react once they are cut.
I hope they eventually start reacting, but maybe then it will be too violent :lol

KTallguy said:
I hope they eventually start reacting, but maybe then it will be too violent :lol
slap a cero Z on it and call it a day imo

no compromises pls

~Kinggi~

Banned
Game was probably one of the biggest surprises of E3 so far, just for the simple fact that the gameplay seems somewhat fresh and surprising. I certainly didnt expect it to have a specific gameplay hook like it does. I was more anticipating a typical mgs game with more action.

venom2124

KTallguy said:
Not at all. I'm hoping they cry when you start to cut them and plead for their miserable little lives.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
wish list:
- extremely fluid, dynamic stealth system
- grapple/throw mechanic
- at least Uncharted 2 levels of vertical dexterity. At least.

KTallguy

Banned
I mean imagine it, if you cut them in half and they sprawl on the ground, trying to clutch their intestines as they fall out... it's almost too much.

Definitely Cero Z won't cut it.

hteng

Banned
gameplay looks laaameee....

i was expecting more bayonetta or dmc craziness action game, not how you wanna cut your enemies, who the hell cares? just kill shit man

Sega

hteng said:

i was expecting more bayonetta or dmc craziness action game, not how you wanna cut your enemies, who the hell cares? just kill shit man
Well, look on the bright side. At least it's not just "more bayonetta or dmc". Those are good games, but they have it covered.

LowParry

Rahxephon91 said:
I still hope this has the MGS style story and cutscenes. I haven't seen those, so I'm still uneasy about this game.

TGS (Or maybe more revealed in Sony's Press tomorrow or Konami's on Wednesday).

LowParry

hteng said:

Yeah. Just what we need. More clone action games. :lol Go back to the moon. Where we can get some DMC5 :D

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Seraphis Cain said:
This will be the first MGS I ever buy.
my god. no, please no. this brings me to tears for you.
Buy MGS1 MGS2 MGS3 MGS4 first. please.
I'm not even sure if this can be classified as MGS canon, feels more like expansion pack to be honest. That said, I will definitely buy this after getting more footage on this and it manages to please me.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Kagari said:
Do yourself a favor son, and pick up Metal Gear Solid 3.
Arguable the best game I have ever played in my lifetime.

Top Bottom