• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: RISING WebSite is Now LIVE! + Direct Feed Trailer

SamuraiX-

Amerowolf said:
It's a wristband. Who cares? We know you're incredible, but get off your high horse and put it on like everyone else.

It's not so much the fact that he has to wear it, but they required him to put it on and keep it on a full day before the conference. Otherwise he would have to show up the next day and "wait 20 minutes to buy another one." Seriously? lol

SamuraiX- said:
It's not so much the fact that he has to wear it, but they required him to put it on and keep it on a full day before the conference. Otherwise he would have to show up the next day and "wait 20 minutes to buy another one." Seriously? lol
But still, even that isn't such a big deal. It is waterproof, after all.

Danielsan

Damn Kojima having dinner with Guillermo del Toro.

10ykzdt.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fairly sure his fingerprints are all over the past few MGS games, though, to be fair.

Granted, the footage looked kind of weird to me. Going to need to see more footage. At the moment it looks like a weird MGS4 mod.

Spookie

Rez said:
Going to need to see more footage. At the moment it looks like a weird MGS4 mod.

Aye, at the moment it looks as shallow as a puddle. I'm a fickle bastard. It would take me a hour to get over the cutting mechanic. :(

zoukka

mileS said:
a MGS4 mod? really dude?

come on

It actually looks like one from those few seconds of footage. I hope to god Raiden moves fast and isn't confined to the ground as much as Snake was.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mileS said:
a MGS4 mod? really dude?

come on
I can't quite put my finger on it. It just looked and felt like MGS4 with a weird cutting mechanic tacked on.

I need to see more of the game in action, I guess. Maybe some enemies that are specifically designed for this sort of thing and environments that didn't look like Act 1 or the end of Act 2. Maybe Raiden moving in a way that isn't like MGS4 Snake.

I'm not saying that's all it will be, but of the handful of seconds we got to see it looked kiiiiind of awkward.

StuBurns

Banned
The wrist band thing is moronic. It's Kojima, director of Sony's biggest exclusive, he just dropped an exclusive on their PSP platform a week ago.

Whoever made him wear that shit needs to be fired, and he needs to be apologized to personally. Sony PR are disgusting.

Pooya

`^ Kojima <3 :lol :lol

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/15/kojima_on_mgs_rising/
Kojima comments on Rising
In the post, Kojima described Rising as "a next generation, modern MGS" from a "young generation." "This is why I've passed the full baton for the creative side to Matsuyama (Shigenobu Matsuyama, Rising's producer) and other staff."

Based off this comment, it does seem that Kojima is taking a hands-off approach to the game design side of Rising. This, of course, would be fitting considering his role as executive producer.

In the same Tweet (yes, Japanese Tweets can fit quite a bit into the character limit), Kojima addressed an area that has become somewhat of a topic on Japanese blogs following Rising's gameplay footage reveal at the MS press conference.

Back in April, Kojima Tweeted about a mysterious game project of his, saying "The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry."

The Rising trailer showed heavy use of decapitation, which is something that's usually censored from Japanese game releases. Is this the taboo Kojima was referring to in his April Tweet?

Kojima cleared this up today, Tweeting: "The thing that I in the past Tweeted 'It might touch upon a taboo' is a separate title, one that am doing game design and directing."

I have never cared much for the Metal Gear Solid series, since i do not like stealth games. But this looks like a solid Ninja Gaiden style action game. The slicing of the watermelon at the end was :lol

mileS

Rez said:
I can't quite put my finger on it. It just looked and felt like MGS4 with a weird cutting mechanic tacked on.

I need to see more of the game in action, I guess. Maybe some enemies that are specifically designed for this sort of thing and environments that didn't look like Act 1 or the end of Act 2. Maybe Raiden moving in a way that isn't like MGS4 Snake.

I'm not saying that's all it will be, but of the handful of seconds we got to see it looked kiiiiind of awkward.

Alright I see your point..

I dunno there's just something about the trailer that got me super excited and hyped for the game. Nothing about it looked awkward to me. I think I was just expecting people on GAF to have a really good response to the trailer but it seems to be very mixed so far.

jax (old)

Banned
I'm one of the few people unimpressed by the chopping game called rising. :/

and I was in the other thread where someone said anal beads... and its... :lol :lol :lol

Lumine

Best game of the show so far. :p

Of course I'm a bit of a MGS fanboy, but hey. I'm only seeing crappy casual wii type games and similar FPS games. I'm actually a fan of FPS games and I think there's loads of room to be explored in games with the first person view and even shooter mechanics but we're getting a bit too much of them compared to everything else. And they all look/feel a little too similar as well.

I know E3 only just started, so who knows what's still in store. Just wanted to say I already can't wait to play this. I hope they try to keep a bit of stealth in there though. And don't bore us to death with overly long and convulted cutscenes. :)

Gorgon

Kojima cleared this up today, Tweeting: "The thing that I in the past Tweeted 'It might touch upon a taboo' is a separate title, one that am doing game design and directing."

Hum...the role of Japan in WWII is a bit of an anathema for the Japanese, with even their school books beying a bit muddled and veiled about the role of Japan in WWII. Maybe a game with heavy political content arching back to WWII? Sounds like it could be that.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Gorgon said:
Hum...the role of Japan in WWII is a bit of an anathema for the Japanese, with even their school books beying a bit muddled and veiled about the role of Japan in WWII. Maybe a game with heavy political content arching back to WWII? Sounds like it could be that.

Metal Gear Solid: Boss

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So slicing/chopping with some weird ass Metal Gear story?

Looks fucking stupid.

Day one.

Gorgon said:

Some sort of dark and gritty take on WWII with like, horror elements and their ability to make weird fucking stories. I would buy the shit out of that.

IrishNinja

shit, now i wanna know about taboo sickle game.
people skeptical on Rising...wasnt there like less than a minute of non-melon gameplay? if tradition holds, we should have a crazy 5-6 minute trailer in the near future, shouldn't we?

if i get to play the ninja like in MGS: VR missions and see how Raiden got sunny back from the patriots between MGS 2 & 4, im golden.

Falt

Very excited for Rising.

I haven't played a MG game since 2 on the PS2 and I've no hopes of picking up a PS3 any time soon so this is easily the highlight of last year's and this year's MS conference hands down.

Slightly off topic: MGS 2 Substance for the original Xbox. Does it have backwards compatibility?

I feel like this game is actually designed for PS3 MOVE. It just doesn't seem like you could have that kind of precision with Kinect.

micster

The third Kojima Productions title to be announced at E3 is a loli tank simulator set in the cold war. Believe.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
santi_yo said:
MOTHER OF GOD. My fucking dream just came true here.
All my life, I've wanted Del Toro to make the MGS movie. Oh god, i hope this is the start a special kind of relationship.

jett

D-Member
Metalmurphy said:
Because it uses the same engine it's a MOD?... Seriously guys...

It doesn't even use the same engine.

And it looks way fucking better than MGS4.

Suspiciously much better, if you know what I mean...

Top Bottom