• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: RISING WebSite is Now LIVE! + Direct Feed Trailer

StuBurns

Banned
Sato Koiji said:
This games looks fantastic. Im ecstatic!

But this shouldnt have the name MGS in it because its nothing like MGS.
final-fantasy-versus-xiii.jpg

Sato Koiji said:
This games looks fantastic. Im ecstatic!

But this shouldnt have the name MGS in it because its nothing like MGS.
MGS is a storyline not a gameplay philosophy so it fits right in there.

Solid_Rain said:
I wonder if when you kick the enemies up into the air and just cut off one of their arm's will they get up and take out their hand gun or will they just be dead from the kick up.

You could do that in MGS2 (shooting instead of cutting of course). Maybe some of them will freak out over it and start sobbing while cradling their bloody stump eventually passing out due to massive blood loss.

freethought said:
You could do that in MGS2 (shooting instead of cutting of course). Maybe some of them will freak out over it and start sobbing while cradling their bloody stump eventually passing out due to massive blood loss.

But don't the cuts look really dynamic and I think it would be hard for them implement it without them being pre determined, but it would be fantastic if they found a way to make it work like that.

bms

Neo Member
A cyber ninja MGS, where stealthy and strategic approach breaks into lightning fast slaughter of groups of enemies in acrobatic melee combat, with a cutting mechanic which might bring the most realistic character model damage engine to date? This just fucking blows my mind, I really wished for that to be part of MGS4 after Raiden was first shown. I've always wanted to play this game. Day one.

ArjanN

miladesn said:
PC logo isn't on the site :(

Nowadays not mentioning the PC version until the console version is released is pretty much standard operating procedure for multiplatform titles.
Just a shitty way to boost console sales.
It was already confirmed for PC when the game was first announced.

Pooya

some details from this week's famitsu
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/16/flying_get/
Konami debuted first gameplay footage of Metal Gear Rising at Microsoft's E3 briefing, but they didn't get around to detailing the game. It looks like Famitsu has us covered.

Leaked information from the magazine reveals a setting of somewhere between MGS2 and MGS4. Also, the game won't be all flashy sword play. You'll also have to make use of sneaking action.

jett

D-Member
Anyone if there will be a Konami briefing? I hope that 2 minute teaser isn't the only thing we are going to see from the game...and from KojiPro(well that and a MGS3 port...).

SamuraiX- said:
MGS games never use CGI.

The 2005 MGS4 TGS trailer was complete bullshit.

Peff

jett said:
Anyone if there will be a Konami briefing? I hope that 2 minute teaser isn't the only thing we are going to see from the game...and from KojiPro(well that and a MGS3 port...)..

There is supposed to be one in less than six hours, though I'm not sure if Kojima will be there because of the european tour for Peace Walker. As long as they don't announce Silent Hill 2...

SamuraiX-

jett said:

The 2005 MGS4 trailer was run on a psuedo engine that Kojima Productions had designed based on the design specs of the PlayStation 3 hardware that Sony had provided them with at the time. The trailer was in real-time on the hardware they were running it on, but that hardware had been downgraded a year or so afterwards.

noisome07

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
The 2005 MGS4 trailer was run on a psuedo engine that Kojima Productions had designed based on the design specs of the PlayStation 3 hardware that Sony had provided them with at the time. The trailer was in real-time on the hardware they were running it on, but that hardware had been downgraded a year or so afterwards.

lol

jett

D-Member
SamuraiX- said:

I lol at you. I lol hard.

StuBurns

Banned
The thing is, Rising is on PC, you almost can't even show 'CG'. If the game engine will allow for very high image quality, and you're down-scaling for webhosting. I think the gameplay is clearly meant to be a console version, but that initial bit could be a PC version's cutscene.

Salaadin

StuBurns said:
The thing is, Rising is on PC, you almost can't even show 'CG'. If the game engine will allow for very high image quality, and you're down-scaling for webhosting. I think the gameplay is clearly meant to be a console version, but that initial bit could be a PC version's cutscene.

Is there still a PC version? I dont see anything saying that anymore on the website.

Canova

Banned
I don't know if I buy into this 'precise slicing' gameplay, it sounds something gimmicky they came up with just to make kinect or move relevant in the game

Xpliskin

SamuraiX- said:
Sorry, but why is that funny? I thought this was the consensus everyone had reached years ago.

Demo was running real-time on a ps3 "dev" machine. Used for debugging, profiling, loading code from a PC, etc .... . Retail ps3s aren't as powerful, as sony downgraded the hardware.

Don't know why peeps around here are "laughing" at you.

cabottemp

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Sorry, but why is that funny? I thought this was the consensus everyone had reached years ago.

I for one think it's funny because you came in and kicked facts and spit truth and everyone else couldn't handle it, so they laugh at you instead.

SamuraiX-

Xpliskin said:
Demo was running real-time on a ps3 "dev" machine. Used for debugging, profiling, loading code from a PC, etc .... . Retail ps3s aren't as powerful, as sony downgraded the hardware.

Don't know why peeps around here are "laughing" at you.

That was it. For some reason I thought KP designed their specs based on the specs that Sony sent them and KP had not expected Sony to downgrade the hardware. My mistake. Either way though, this resulted in a lot of people being surprised (many being disappointed and confused) when they saw how the E3 2006 trailer compared with the quality TGS 2005 trailer.

By any chance, do you remember the source of that information? I remember reading it somewhere a while back... I feel like it was in a Kojima interview?

Imm0rt4l

jett said:
Anyone if there will be a Konami briefing? I hope that 2 minute teaser isn't the only thing we are going to see from the game...and from KojiPro(well that and a MGS3 port...).

yea it was, but it wasn't cgi. I agree the game didn't end up looking quite like the trailer.

jett

D-Member
No gameplay footage, no more than the one piece of artwork, nothing at the press conference. I'm now convinced that trailer is not indicative of in-game graphics.

jett said:
No gameplay footage, no more than the one piece of artwork, nothing at the press conference. I'm now convinced that trailer is not indicative of in-game graphics.
I'm pretty sure the last part of the trailer was early gameplay.

Amerowolf said:
I'm pretty sure the last part of the trailer was early gameplay.
Did you think this was FFXIII gameplay as well?

final-fantasy-xiii-big.jpg

They haven't shown more then 20secs of the game. This is still a ways off and I doubt the game will look that good.

StuBurns

Banned
The difference is, these companies have the final machines and up running engines now. You can't fob people off with bullshit footage anymore.

Rising could have been a PC version, but it has to have that slicing mechanic in it. I don't know how they'll do it, but they have no real choice, it has to work now.

That big enemy definitely looks like a Frog from MGS4. From the face anyway. I wonder if by the end of the game, he will get his MGS4 outfit, appose to the one in the pics. I cant wait to see how the story in this game is, and how it ties in. :D

jett said:
I lol at you. I lol hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrKG7L3C1k&feature=related

edit: Oh yeah, forgot why I opened the thread in the first place. From the Konami conference, it seems we have it confirmed that you can control cutting depth as it were (so I was wrong stuburns, the table is destructible) and perhaps most excitingly, they're introducing verticality to the stealth.

It also sounded like the control scheme for cutting isn't finalised yet which is kind of worrying.

Chip N Chance said:
That big enemy definitely looks like a Frog from MGS4. From the face anyway. I wonder if by the end of the game, he will get his MGS4 outfit, appose to the one in the pics. I cant wait to see how the story in this game is, and how it ties in. :D
I'm pretty sure Raiden becomes or is already a full on Snatcher in this game (remember that Snatcher in MGS world is not the same meaning as Snatcher in the "Snatcher" game world, look it up in the MGS Database). Also wouldn't be surprised if Big Boss makes an appearance in this game. Somewhere between the last time we saw Big Boss at this point in the MGS timeline (Metal Gear 2) and MGS4 Big Boss was turned from a snatcher back into a normal human via body parts from Liquid and Solidus.

Maybe Raiden is the one who saves Big Boss from the Patriots. I remember in Act 2 Raiden mentions he was looking for "him" for a long time. Perhaps this game is going to tell that story.

Cerberus

Love that first screen. Definitely my favorite part of the trailer. He killed two guys by making a structure collapse on them. So awesome.

Chip N Chance said:

His feet looks really similar a Frog's feet too. The rest of his body kinda remind me of the B&B Corps, especially the color of it.

genjiZERO

I think this game looks pretty bad ass. With the exception of the new Metroid game I think it's the most interesting 'definitive' (meaning actually far along in development) game at the moment.

Not to start and console beef, but is it known what the lead platform is?

Blader

infinityBCRT said:
I'm pretty sure Raiden becomes or is already a full on Snatcher in this game (remember that Snatcher in MGS world is not the same meaning as Snatcher in the "Snatcher" game world, look it up in the MGS Database). Also wouldn't be surprised if Big Boss makes an appearance in this game. Somewhere between the last time we saw Big Boss at this point in the MGS timeline (Metal Gear 2) and MGS4 Big Boss was turned from a snatcher back into a normal human via body parts from Liquid and Solidus.

Maybe Raiden is the one who saves Big Boss from the Patriots. I remember in Act 2 Raiden mentions he was looking for "him" for a long time. Perhaps this game is going to tell that story.

We know he did:

Raiden learned from Big Mama, in exchange for the location of Big Boss that he obtained from GW, that Olga's daughter, Sunny, was being held in Area 51, and successfully rescued her with the help of Big Mama and the Paradise Lost. After hearing of Rosemary's miscarriage and subsequent remarriage to Roy Campbell, Raiden became despondent. He left Sunny in the care of Otacon and Snake. Afterwards, he left to wander the Earth. Raiden studied scouting techniques under a Native American shaman living in Alaska, and learned to hunt. He then began work on retrieving Big Boss's remains from the Patriots for the Paradise Lost Army, leading to his capture. As a prisoner, the Patriots used Raiden as a test subject for experiments in exoskeletal enhancement surgery, during which he had his head and spine excised from his body from his lower jaw down and subsequently grafted into an enhanced synthetic body.

With the help of the Paradise Lost Army, Raiden managed to escape his captivity. After undergoing surgery to clear his body of nanomachines and being saved by Dr. Drago Pettrovich Madnar, he was successful in reclaiming Big Boss's remains from the Patriots.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Raiden

Top Bottom