• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V final box art (A Hideo Kojima Game/Kojima Productions removed)

In MGS4 he cast himself as "the voice of god." He's pretty narcissistic. I can understand removing the kojipro logo from the cover since they technically don't exist anymore according to Snake's VA, but the hideo name seems to be out of spite.

Oh yeah I mean Kojima only praises himself and never gives anyone or any other games praise... Fucking Egomaniac!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thats not how you treat your game creators, disgusting behavior. So glad that i dont have to give to shits about Konami anymore after MGS V ships. Getting Kickstarter Igavania was the best news ever.

StoneFox

Can't we just boycott Konami by not buying the game?

Guys? Hello? Anyone?
No, we boycott MGS6 when it's released in a few years without Kojima's input.

KojiPro worked hard on 5, no need to refuse to give their work the support it deserves. This will likely be the last time I give Konami money.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can't we just boycott Konami by not buying the game?

Guys? Hello? Anyone?

No we can fucking not because let's not forget it was Kojima who kept his team together in this hard times. He said he promised to make great quality game for fans. So you better buy this last farwell to his fans after that you can boycott Konami as much as you want but always remember that Kojima Productions finished MGSV: The Phantom Pain under horrible conditions just for you guys. If it wasn't for us Kojima would have left Konami already. Always remember that.

Hey Konami...

jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

Wagram

Whether the box says Hideo Kojima Production or not, we all know it is in our hearts. So Konami can go pound rocks.

LaneDS

I know it's fun on the internet to say you're not supporting a company anymore, but I'm going to try my hardest to make sure that Konami never sees a dime from me after MGSV (even if they're making it relatively easy by not making a damn thing of worth beside that).

Ahhh.one last F.U. before we buy the game. I seriously hope Konami sinks.
but this game is going to be a smashing success if I have anything to do with it.

Yep, definitely the last time Konami see my wallet.

Definitely! Only scenario I can see myself supporting Konami again is if Kojima pulls a LeBron and returns there after winning a few Game of the Year awards years from now. Other than that far-fetched scenario, they can kick rocks.

Tabris

Is there any way I can support the game creators but not Konami on this. Ugh.

I wanna give money to Kojima. Fuck Konami so much.

Wish there was an easy answer to this as well... Maybe pirate the game and send an envelope with ~$60 in it to Kojima's mailing address?!
Not being sarcastic, would totally do this if it helped him. :)

zkorejo

Everyone who is familiar with the games knows its a Hideo Kojima game. Who cares if it is on the cover or not. I'm sure there will be "Hideo Kojima" all over the game in the starting credits and ending credits.

Not a big deal to me.

Tabris

Everyone who is familiar with the games knows its a Hideo Kojima game. Who cares if it is on the cover or not. I'm sure there will be "Hideo Kojima" all over the game in the starting credits and ending credits.

Not a big deal to me.

Well I'm worried what happened in the last 3-6 months of development without Kojima being able to hold back some of the business elements of Konami back.

I'm pretty sure the whole micro transaction situation is due to Kojima being out but I cannot confirm that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's pretty sad that some people here don't understand the importance of the "A Hideo Kojima Game" tag on his games.

Those games always stood for quality, if you buy a Kojima game you know you would be in for something truly special.

Someone made a great youtube video about it, i'll post it if i can find it again.

The only way you can support the devs is to not buy the game. Lol, funny as that sounds I think it is the only way of sending Konami a message. You cannot support the devs so your only other option is to also not support Konami lol.

Tabris

The only way you can support the devs is to not buy the game. Lol, funny as that sounds I think it is the only way of sending Konami a message. You cannot support the devs so your only other option is to also not support Konami lol.

I don't think I can resist with this, but I'm done with Konami.

Unless they all of a sudden hire the old Suikoden staff and release a new entry, or they release any of the old releases (like Suikoden 2 on PSN recently), I won't support them any further on anything.

Not like they really care about their console western audience anymore.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Not a big deal to me.
We also don't know if it was moved to the back. And like others said, it's not like the game will make any effort to let us forget that Kojima made the game.

ramyeon

No.

This is stupid. Kojima and his team did not put all the time and effort into making this game and making sure it gets released only for people to want to boycott it due to company politics.

Just buy it.

I posted this in the MGS OT community thread, but I've made a Shinkawa cover for TPP based off the GZ alt cover. Enjoy!

uKmwym4.jpg

Get this, people, LAWD.

No.

This is stupid. Kojima and his team did not put all the time and effort into making this game and making sure it gets released only for people to want to boycott it due to company politics.

Just buy it.

I do feel for the team developing the next Metal Gear series, though. There are people within the fan base who won't touch it after this - I mean, there are people within the fan base NOW who are debating whether or not to boycott this after over five years of hard work from Kojima Productions-- just imagine what the response to Metal Gear Gaseous (or whatever) will be! O_O

No.

Just buy it.

The stupidest thing would be to say 'fuck you konami' but still go ahead and give them money. Kojima and team still got paid, this way Konami don't.

People do realize that if it's erased from the box, it's also erased from the the actual game as well right?

I have a good feeling this will be the reality. Look at the amount of effort Konami has put into to distance themselves from Kojima, as if taking out a few lines of code is beyond their petty ways.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
People do realize that if it's erased from the box, it's also erased from the the actual game as well right?
They just had a demo that showed that it's still in there. I don't think they'd go through the effort of deleting it from every mission in the game.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Do people care about box art? It's nice and all on day 1, but as soon as I start playing, my case starts collecting dust.

Top Bottom