• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Is Venom Snake really Gray Fox?

Oh did you see the screen go wild in Ground Zeros? It scrambles Snakes profile with the name F jager in the digits.

iAoJ0e7rPh3Om.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Leo, the guy who runs metal-gear.net just got a phone call on stream and he said what the guy said on phone he can't talk about it yet.

itshappening.gif

Leo, the guy who runs metal-gear.net just got a phone call on stream and he said what the guy said on phone he can't talk about it yet.

itshappening.gif

Leo's awesome. I loved watching him on uKnighted's stream when he was on there for a bit. Great guy. Hope the news is good... best Christmas ever.

Sn4ke_911

Back on #TeamBatzi?

Nah. First i believe Tora. Second maybe...maaaaybe but most likely not we get a release date announcement on Kojima Station that won't be February.

but i still think Kojima Station is too small to announce something big like the release date and with all the voice recording sessions still not done yet i highly doubt it.

Murkrow

Banned
Nah. First i believe Tora. Second maybe...maaaaybe but most likely not we get a release date announcement on Kojima Station that won't be February.

but i still think Kojima Station is too small to announce something big like the release date and with all the voice recording sessions still not done yet i highly doubt it.

Someone lost his faith here.

Sn4ke_911

OH, SHIT, SON. IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!

I wish man oooh how i wish!!!! but no man just NO!

bu....but why the hell would he get a phone call now from a guy (probably from konami since he said he knows people there) and can't talk about it yet, AND THIS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

Fisty

Ok GAF I am completely convinced Keifer is voicing Grey Fox, who is also the medic on the chopper and Ishmael. Frank becomes BB during his coma. The hospital bit is after BB wakes up and Frank is being reverted to Frank. The African bits could be Rhodesia where you find little Naomi as Frank. Kojima is just throwing us off the trail and getting us ready for Keifer by having him voice BB in GZ, maybe its Franks dream.

Sn4ke_911

IT'S OK! WE GOT IT OUT.

Because #TeamHype ain't getting burned!

Why would he get an obviously important phone call before christmas where he can't talk about it yet? i mean what is so important now? you would think all they do now is have a x-mas party or something but not much anymore this year. Hm...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c7/c71853cf5c1a12e7d5cce241a74ff6715c46e5109d9993d57cebb7dc7d8fbd01.jpg[/mg][/quote]

I WISH this theory is true but never really had faith in it.

[quote="JPizzle84, post: 144441499"]So do we know what time on Christmas for this supposed announcement?[/quote]

2 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AbskLUQZDM[/url]

JayEH

Ok GAF I am completely convinced Keifer is voicing Grey Fox, who is also the medic on the chopper and Ishmael. Frank becomes BB during his coma. The hospital bit is after BB wakes up and Frank is being reverted to Frank. The African bits could be Rhodesia where you find little Naomi as Frank. Kojima is just throwing us off the trail and getting us ready for Keifer by having him voice BB in GZ, maybe its Franks dream.

Kojima won't pull something like that after MGS2.

I really don't know what's going on here. Everyone seems to be speaking in code.

I don't know what else I expected from Metal Gear fans :p

gafneo

Banned
Lol, the medic was so mysterious. I hope he turns out to be part of the plot twist. I think Gray Fox was the new snake all along. He is never called Big Boss in GZ. The codec only mentions him as the Boss. Snake's face also looks dramatically different than the Big Boss in Peace Walker. Big Boss must be Ismael because it would mimick the scene in MGS2 where Raiden was called Snake, and where Solid was using an alias.

Slowdive

Banned
They have decided on a date then:

We were just able to speak to Aaron Fowles, Corporate PR Manager for Konami via telephone. He confirmed that although they know the current release date (it was not revealed), both the release dates of Feb 24th and Mar 31st 2015 are incorrect. He reported that he was aware of the listings from multiple retailers and they (Konami) have requested that those retailers remove the dates. Mr. Fowles also stated that the only official listing is sometime in 2015 as reported by Mr. Kojima previously.

http://1080players.com/index.php/pl...t-2015-according-to-gamestop-official-listing

It's just a matter of announcing it
at Christmas.

Murkrow

Banned
Guys, I have a theory. And it might be true.

SPOILERS

I WARN YOU

DON'T SAY I HAVEN'T WARNED YOU

YOU STILL CAN GO BACK, IT MIGHT BE THE BEST FOR YOU!

SO, YOU REALLY WANT TO READ IT, HUH!?

WELL, IT'S YOUR DECISION AFTER ALL

SO GREEDY...
WELL...

Ok, so, what if there is no Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain coming out? What if Kojima created a real Psycho Mantis who controls now our minds. That way he makes us to believe that there will be another Metal Gear Solid game, but the truth is. It might just be ZoE game!

Sn4ke_911

They have decided on a date then:

http://1080players.com/index.php/pl...t-2015-according-to-gamestop-official-listing

It's just a matter of announcing it
at Christmas.

HOLY FUCK. If he really "knows the current release date" then this game should come out pretty damn soon because Kojima said they will only announce a release date when the game is finished or very close. They don't want to make the same mistake again as with MGS4 and have to delay the game.

How trustworthy is this site?

Sn4ke_911

from MGS forums

Microsoft store has change to TBD....

Although speaking to a rep, they don't know the date but it will be released in the early part of next year lol.

So basically, we know the date, and can't tell you...

HOLY FUCK. If he really "knows the current release date" then this game should come out pretty damn soon because Kojima said they will only announce a release date when the game is finished or very close. They don't want to make the same mistake again as with MGS4 and have to delay the game.

How trustworthy is this site?

building in 6 months or more of polishing time wouldn't be all that unreasonable though for a game of this size and scope. the game could be completely feature complete but needs extensive bug testing and tweaking, especially with base-building and invading. in that scenario, they wouldn't be at risk of needing to delay, but they would be comfortable enough to say "it's coming june, XX 2015" or something like that

dc89

Just caught up with the thread. I was never truly buying a Feb release, we still see bi-weekly Tweets from Robin Atkin-Downes where he's either showing us a recording studio or a script.

June 2015 for me.

That was before the demand made them change their minds. A European Brand Manager for Konami called Steven Key spoke to Kojima and really pushed for it when fans started saying they wanted a retail copy of Ground Zeroes on current gen and so it eventually changed.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=10499

Edit: But this screenshot made me laugh

MGSV-ToraShiro-NeoGAF-6.jpg

I feel like I've completely forgotten the context of this.

Time makes fools of us all.

There's a ton more to that decision than just Key. We had a similar situation in our territories, i.e. many internet-restricted areas of the world (talking LATAM, S. America, shit, parts of US and Canada, even) still require physical retail copies to move units to make any sort waves in the area. Ultimately it was in the interest of our fans to make sure the option was there.

Top Bottom