• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

teknix

Neo Member
Just caught up with the thread. I was never truly buying a Feb release, we still see bi-weekly Tweets from Robin Atkin-Downes where he's either showing us a recording studio or a script.

June 2015 for me.

What if all those tweets are just misdirection? Studio pictures back from earlier this year only being posted now.

JayEH

Just caught up with the thread. I was never truly buying a Feb release, we still see bi-weekly Tweets from Robin Atkin-Downes where he's either showing us a recording studio or a script.

June 2015 for me.

Hopefully it's just codec and tapes. I imagine he has A LOT of lines.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What if all those tweets are just misdirection? Studio pictures back from earlier this year only being posted now.

Reminds me of that mo-cap picture a few months ago that looked like the ending of Ground Zeroes.

If I had to guess, Kaz has probably the most lines in the game.

I was there for just one day of his recording. He has a lot of variable lines, and a lot of ridiculously difficult locations to pronounce (as would be expected of Afghanistan). It seemed like a lot of work (especially in comparison to my other experience with Rising). By the way, R.A.D. is one of the most chill dudes in the industry I've ever hung around with (after work and in between takes). He even did some of my favorite Travis Touchdown and TF2 Medic lines.

According to him, his favorite T.T. line is, "Some people fuck at funerals, I cut off heads."

dc89

I was there for just one day of his recording. He has a lot of variable lines, and a lot of ridiculously difficult locations to pronounce (as would be expected of Afghanistan). It seemed like a lot of work (especially in comparison to my other experience with Rising). By the way, R.A.D. is one of the most chill dudes in the industry I've ever hung around with (after work and in between takes). He even did some of my favorite Travis Touchdown and TF2 Medic lines.

According to him, his favorite T.T. line is, "Some people fuck at funerals, I cut off heads."

Amazing :lol

neptunes

The fact that this game is still coming out on last gen makes me believe they wont release it TOO late in the year.

Will PS3/360 still move software come fall 2015?

I am a big fan of Robin Atkin Downes, it's totally weird that my favorite line is also his favorite line.

Man, what an awesome guy!

Hey Tora, if you ever see him again can you tell him I think he's an awesome Voice Actor and I hope to be like him one day?

Sn4ke_911

I wonder what it is? a fiddle?

2014-12-2300_56_14-roftpeb.png

Haha, that is awesome. I love hearing insider info like that. Thanks Tora.

I am a big fan of Robin Atkin Downes, it's totally weird that my favorite line is also his favorite line.

Man, what an awesome guy!

Hey Tora, if you ever see him again can you tell him I think he's an awesome Voice Actor and I hope to be like him one day?

I'll say it as many times as I need to, if I'm lucky enough to be in on another one of those sessions. He certainly heard it plenty from me, heh.

DieH@rd

Banned
The fact that this game is still coming out on last gen makes me believe they wont release it TOO late in the year.

Even if oldgen moves 20-30% of the total install base in the first month, that will still probably mean more than 1 million sales. That's a lot of money.

Betty

Banned

Some software certainly, but if it's anything like Watchdog's the next gen versions will be way out in front in terms of sales.

Some software certainly, but if it's anything like Watchdog's the next gen versions will be way out in front in terms of sales.

but if the fox engine is as cross-platform friendly as has been purported by konami/kojima...they stand to make money off of cross-gen even if sales are noticeably lower on last gen

Sn4ke_911

Tora you might as well debunk that Christmas rumor too before i go crazy lol.

Verendus

Banned

What are you, by the way? A Community Manager?

everyone knows that the game will obviously be released on christmas day. Kojima walks on camera, "its out now, did you like it?" walks off...

He will also announce later that Joakim really was CG

Sn4ke_911

everyone knows that the game will obviously be released on christmas day. Kojima walks on camera, "its out now, did you like it?" walks off...

He will also announce later that Joakim really was CG

original.jpg

What are you, by the way? A Community Manager?

TORA SHIRO

A man without a past.

Nah, I'm a part of the sales and marketing team specializing in Community Management and Social Media, though I interact a lot with brand, digital, PR, and events for North America. To you guys, I guess I'm best described as fan ambassador? I write up a lot of sentiment analysis reports and do a fair amount of lurking on various boards and pages.

Unless you are from Europe, in which case I direct you to @ParodiSu.

His profile says "Associate Social Media Manager for Konami Digital Entertainment"

I am long overdue for a title change, but I keep getting the runaround. :|

LowParry

Tsk. Tora. Please release us from this madness. Like, give us some crazy buttocks lingo or just flat out deny everything. Just do it man. You'll be helping the cause.

Tsk. Tora. Please release us from this madness. Like, give us some crazy buttocks lingo or just flat out deny everything. Just do it man. You'll be helping the cause.

Ace+Ventura+assholo+mio.gif

This immediately came to mind. Can't imagine why.
it iz i

I literally can't comment on anything that may be planned for Kojima Station, I have little visibility and even less say about what will be on it, so not even I can confirm nor deny anything. Guess we'll all find out this week. HEAD FOR THE GARDEN OF MADNESS.

Verendus

Banned
TORA SHIRO

A man without a past.

Nah, I'm a part of the sales and marketing team specializing in Community Management and Social Media, though I interact a lot with brand, digital, PR, and events for North America. To you guys, I guess I'm best described as fan ambassador? I write up a lot of sentiment analysis reports and do a fair amount of lurking on various boards and pages.

Unless you are from Europe, in which case I direct you to @ParodiSu.
So your main role is to do with content strategy across social media/platforms?

So your main role is to do with content strategy across social media/platforms?

My main role is to respond to requests from any of the above teams and provide answers and guidance. But my day-to-day consists mostly of the strategy of messaging content. Studios and brand determine content strategy (though our team assists).

Verendus

Banned
My main role is to respond to requests from any of the above teams and provide answers and guidance. But my day-to-day consists mostly of the strategy of messaging content. Studios and brand determine content strategy (though our team assists).
Thanks for the responses. I think I've got a solid idea now.

JayEH

Like changing Hayter?

It's not like we popped in GZ and the voice changed. He's was clear up front about him not being in the game once the game was announced.

Look the Grey Fox theory is VERY thin and there's a lot of things debunking it. It makes no sense story wise and there's no reason for that to happen. He said already that he regretted the deception in MGS2.

Top Bottom