• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Salaadin

Åesop;144303952 said:
Then why the call for MGO feedback when the game should be gold by now? And what about the beta test? I can't believe (͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)
MGO comes with mgs5 but they aren't sure if it's launching alongside mgs5

no way in hell is a February release, we haven't even seen the bosses of this game, Kojima will release a video showcasing the Bosses before the game releases.

The marketing would have already begun. Why are people falling for this shite?

a two month marketing blitz is more than enough time to hype the release of this game. in most gaming circles the game in considered overdue in terms of release. we've had years of trailers and gameplay demos. it's not out of the realm of possibility at all

teknix

Neo Member
A release date for 2/2015 would be pointless for me if it was just for the console release. I need the PC release to be the same day pleaseeee.

I've drank from the Ground Zeroes PC gfx fountain, anything less would be uncivilized.

JayEH

August 2012:

MGS : Ground Zeroes revealed

Dec. 2012:

The Phantom Pain trailer

March 2013

GDC Trailer + confirmation of MGSV: TPP (and that GZ is a separate product)

Jun 2013:

E3 2013 Trailer

Dec. 2013

March release announced for GZ

Feb. 2014:

Game Informer Cover/Press Access to GZ.

March 2014:

GZ releases

June 2014:

E3 Trailer + 30 min gameplay demonstration

August 2014

Another 30 min gameplay demonstration

September 2014

Another 30 min gameplay demonstration + New cutscenes

December 2014

GZ PC release + MGO trailer

Plenty of exposure/marketing. What other games are shown off for 2 + years. #Believe #TeamBatzi #TeamFebruary I'M NOT CRAZY GUYS I PROMISE.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Microsoft store has this date for it too: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...Phantom-Pain-for-Xbox-One/productID.282497300 Perhaps that's where they work.

ITS HAPPENING BROTHERS!
mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

How do you figure it would only have had 2 months of marketing? It's had 2 YEARS of marketing already... I'm not saying that it's coming in Feb, but the game has had steady media attention and trailers/reveals since its reveal. I'd say the hype is there and everyone who is interested in Metal Gear knows what The Phantom Pain is.

My moneys on June, but Feb wouldn't surprise me if it is indeed true.

UnrealEck

Seems a bit early. I expect summer 2015. Hopefully the PC release is the same and they don't try to milk people like Rockstar do.

mountainduwe

Neo Member
- VGAs 2012 phantom pain by 'moby dick studios' a Swedish company
- kojima having the Swedish words for the 22nd and the 6th on his t-shirt at the TGAs
- The 22nd chapter of Herman Melvilles 6th book 'Moby Dick' is called "Merry Christmas"
- perhaps rather than hinting a 22nd of June release date he is hinting that a release date could be given on Christmas Day.

New Kojima station on Christmas Day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AbskLUQZDM/IMG]

I WANT TO BELIEVE

How do you figure it would only have had 2 months of marketing? It's had 2 YEARS of marketing already... I'm not saying that it's coming in Feb, but the game has had steady media attention and trailers/reveals since its reveal. I'd say the hype is there and everyone who is interested in Metal Gear knows what The Phantom Pain is.

My moneys on June, but Feb wouldn't surprise me if it is indeed true.

There's a difference between industry marketing (E3 trailers, gameplay demos, etc) - and mass audience marketing. Sure, the hardcore audience is ready for Phantom Pain. But is two months enough to sell the general population? To push the Gamestop pre orders, to roll out commercials, and get Kiefer Sutherland on a talk show couch to tell that crazy anecdote about technology & industry insiders he can't name?

It's possible they've been readying a blitz to start at Christmas, or New Years - but it'd be risky. And crazy.

Crazy enough for Metal Gear.

That Microsoft "leak" of Batman with the same date pretty much invalidates this entire story. #TeamFake

Batzi

Banned
- VGAs 2012 phantom pain by 'moby dick studios' a Swedish company
- kojima having the Swedish words for the 22nd and the 6th on his t-shirt at the TGAs
- The 22nd chapter of Herman Melvilles 6th book 'Moby Dick' is called "Merry Christmas"
- perhaps rather than hinting a 22nd of June release date he is hinting that a release date could be given on Christmas Day.

New Kojima station on Christmas Day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AbskLUQZDM

MGSV-TPP-Coming-1984.jpg

COMING = 6 letters
1+9+8+4 = 22

The Bible = Christmas?

originaln6uz7.jpg

Kojima said at TGS the game is "nearing completion".

Ground Zeroes DLC thingy said "Early 2015"

Konami-Core-DLC-Phantom-Pain.jpg

Only thing that you guys should be focusing on in this thread is this ^^^

Next week.

Xpliskin

I'm gonna play
14442-23777.gif

The old date was coming near (two weeks) so they had to update it.

Also, this type of stuff is very easy to fake.

Top Bottom