• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive will require an internet connection even when playing solo.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Sure, piss off the like 8 people who are actually excited for this game.

This so much. I was one of those 8 but I will never support an always online game that has single player.

Really hope this decision gets reversed but I doubt it.

Risev1

Is this hypothetical or is hayter in mg survive?

We don't even know if Snake (in any form) is going to be in the game.

Doubt they're bringing Kiefer back for a lower budget spin-off, so if Snake's in it, they'll be reusing lines from MGSV, bring back Hayter, or just have him be silent / an unlockable skin.

Kid Ying

We don't even know if Snake (in any form) is going to be in the game.

Doubt they're bringing Kiefer back for a lower budget spin-off, so if Snake's in it, they'll be reusing lines from MGSV, bring back Hayter, or just have him be silent / an unlockable skin.
Maybe they will have him as an unlockable (DLC) skin. As the Voice, cant imagine Kiefer or hayter coming back. It Will probably be another guy.

Morinaga

Konami - Awesome

Always online DRM, fuck yea.

No Hideo Kojima - Even better

David Hayter No where to be seen - Excellent

Zombies - I love cliche

It just needs loot boxes and overpriced micro-transactions

This has all the hall marks of a classic MGS.

I am so super excited for this its unreal......... no, no wait......... no that other thing...........

Disapproval, that's it Disapproval. Its like that time my dog shat on the new carpet.

KOMANI

KOMANI
For more than a year, FOB players and Story players have used save editors, usb re-uploads, and other methods, to stock up on depleted resources. This only worked offline.

I suspect, the main reason for making the game online only, is to regulate and restrict those users so the rest of the community can’t complain about cheating. But... you’ll complain about it being online only.

It’s a double edge sword for a few, and pick your poison for others. And considering what the general public thinks of Konami, even though they’re trying to change their image, they’ll get backlash no matter what they do/say.

Have i got this right that the solo play is just the same mode but alone? Or is there a campaign of sorts?

Cos if it is the former, Do you guys hate that the practice range on overwatch is online only too? Lol

Risev1

Have i got this right that the solo play is just the same mode but alone? Or is there a campaign of sorts?

Cos if it is the former, Do you guys hate that the practice range on overwatch is online only too? Lol

:facepalm

Ghost Recon Wildlands can be played in its entirety in 4 player co-op. Does that mean that playing the game alone = you playing the tutorial in Overwatch?

Gears of War 3 can be played in its entirety in 4 player co-op. Does that mean that playing the game alone = you playing the tutorial in Overwatch?

I could go on and on and on.

Here's Konami's statement about the single player:

During a hands-on demo, Konami revealed that Metal Gear Survive also features a dense single player mode as well as the already revealed cooperative multiplayer modes. Details are scarce but both modes tie together in that actions completed during multiplayer missions will reward additional resources which can be used by players when they return to the single player campaign. Additional information and details on the single player portion are coming at a later date.

https://gamerant.com/metal-gear-survive-dense-single-player/

So no, Survive's single player component is supposedly the same as any other single player game according to Konami themselves. And no, complaining you need to be connected to play that single player mode is not the same as complaining you need to be online to play Overwatch's tutorial.

Top Bottom