• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

Warablo

Guys, S ranking isn't required. Unless you want 100% in GZ.

So far all we know is that POWs/soldiers and TWO costumes transfer over. Use a guide to recuse all the POWs and unique soliders if you want them that bad.

Now onto the costumes, one costume you get for having a random GZ save, and other suit is unlocked if you completed Jamais Vu. The suits are the sneaking suit, and Solid Snake.

There is other costumes you can unlock for in GZ, but we don't know for sure if these transfer over. Which are Gray Fox suit, and Raiden costumes. All we have is speculation if these are included because of code.

Alo0oy

Banned

So far all we know is that POWs/soldiers and TWO costumes transfer over. Use a guide to recuse all the POWs and unique soliders if you want them that bad.

Now onto the costumes, one costume you get for having a random GZ save, and other suit is unlocked if you completed Jamais Vu. The suits are the sneaking suit, and Solid Snake.

There is other costumes you can unlock for in GZ, but we don't know for sure if these transfer over. Which are Gray Fox suit, and Raiden costumes. All we have is speculation if these are included because of code.

Are you absolutely sure or is that speculation?

So all I need to do now is rescue all the POWs & unlock the costumes?

Angel_DvA

Well I have GZ and TPP and not sure that the game find my GZ save, I have nothing more than my cousin who didn't play GZ, is it because Konami servers are down ?

Warablo

Are you absolutely sure or is that speculation?

So all I need to do now is rescue all the POWs & unlock the costumes?

The info about the costumes were in the guide from a user on here. It said we get the sneaking suit for having a GZ save. Then the other suit (Solid Snake) for completing Jamais Vu. <Which is weird because that is the opposite mission you get of the Solid Snake outfit for GZ.

The only info we know about right now is POW/Soldiers and some costumes. S ranking is unknown officially, but it is required to get 100% in GZ.

redhood56

Banned
Hell yes I am totally going to use the Solid Snake suite in gameplay. Will probably switch it off before I head back to mother base though just in case of a cutscene. I got ground zeroes a month later digitally so hopefully I should be good.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Real question is, will I be able to transfer the people later in the game if I go back to GZ while playing TPP?

Real question is, will I be able to transfer the people later in the game if I go back to GZ while playing TPP?

That's what I've been wondering. I wouldn't put it past Konami transfer servers shitting the bed on release day and it would be a major bummer if you couldn't import after the fact.

Alo0oy

Banned
The info about the costumes were in the guide from a user on here. It said we get the sneaking suit for having a GZ save. Then the other suit (Solid Snake) for completing Jamais Vu. <Which is weird because that is the opposite mission you get of the Solid Snake outfit for GZ.

The only info we know about right now is POW/Soldiers and some costumes. S ranking is unknown officially, but it is required to get 100% in GZ.

Alright, thanks. I guess all we can do is wait until the servers go online.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So another dumb question, is there any easy way to check if we've redeemed our GZ code? I think I did it last year, logged in on the site, and it said my code was invalid which I assume means I put it in but I just want to be sure.

Just finished the intel mission for the first time. Ended up extracting the bald marine first and then when I went to give the signal for the undercover JSA agent to come to the light post, it told me to get out of the mission since I already had what was asked for.

Still found him with my binoculars since he wasn't far away, but got greedy and sprinted for a couple seconds... Just enough to get caught by the damn camera at the west camp refugee! ARRG. It was my first alert and I messed up my chance to get my first S rank score. Oh well, first guy to come after me was the undercover agent so I sprinted toward him and tossed him on his ass, dragged him on my shoulders and got him on my truck that was nearby, and drove off to the LZ.

Now I'm just wondering if he counted as a unique NPC, or because I didn't need him anymore and didn't talk to him, it all fudged up and he didn't count as he usually would.

poodpick

So another dumb question, is there any easy way to check if we've redeemed our GZ code? I think I did it last year, logged in on the site, and it said my code was invalid which I assume means I put it in but I just want to be sure.

Does your konami core page look like this?

konamicorel9r6c.png

Does your konami core page look like this?

konamicorel9r6c.png

so i've got a code in my ground zero box, it say to pu the code one the playstation store, a code frome "mother base staff"

this code doesn't work, neither on the psn, neither on the konami core page... what do i do?

it's a code with only letters

EDIT : nevermind, just saw on the official konami website that we must wait for phantom pain to be released to get the code active in europe!

Hypron

Just finished the intel mission for the first time. Ended up extracting the bald marine first and then when I went to give the signal for the undercover JSA agent to come to the light post, it told me to get out of the mission since I already had what was asked for.

Still found him with my binoculars since he wasn't far away, but got greedy and sprinted for a couple seconds... Just enough to get caught by the damn camera at the west camp refugee! ARRG. It was my first alert and I messed up my chance to get my first S rank score. Oh well, first guy to come after me was the undercover agent so I sprinted toward him and tossed him on his ass, dragged him on my shoulders and got him on my truck that was nearby, and drove off to the LZ.

Now I'm just wondering if he counted as a unique NPC, or because I didn't need him anymore and didn't talk to him, it all fudged up and he didn't count as he usually would.

Just so you know, you can restart from the pause menu, it'll bring you back a little bit (couple of minutes max) and it won't prevent you from getting an S-rank, you'll just lose some points for restarting (not even that much, I restarted 5/6 times during some missions and still got that S-rank).

Awesome, thx!

Just so you know, you can restart from the pause menu, it'll bring you back a little bit (couple of minutes max) and it won't prevent you from getting an S-rank, you'll just lose some points for restarting (not even that much, I restarted 5/6 times during some missions and still got that S-rank).

How does it score then? I never kill, never get alerts, I do put a few to sleep, but whenever I restart from a checkpoint when I mess up, I always get a A and I've never had a S so far.

I do take my time quite often though, so the time it takes me might be the reason why I never get S ranks.

So in the ground zero mission, it's say that there's 4 prisonner + 1 that will be excecuted!

in my mission records, it said i savec 6 prisonner, does this include chico and paz? If yes, i missed one pirsonner right?

Hypron

How does it score then? I never kill, never get alerts, I do put a few to sleep, but whenever I restart from a checkpoint when I mess up, I always get a A and I've never had a S so far.

I do take my time quite often though, so the time it takes me might be the reason why I never get S ranks.

I don't remember exactly what the penalty is like but basically the game forgets everything after the checkpoint when you use the restart function, you just get penalised for restarting. If you have almost no margin in your S-rank normally, it's quite possible that the penalty will bring you under the limit. So you do need to make up for it by doing other things (e.g. finishing quickly or saving tons of prisoners).

In fact the ranking system is very flexible, there are always different ways to get that S-rank. Sometimes going in lethally is a very good option. Actually, I remember seeing a screenshot of a guy who killed everyone during one of the missions and still got an S-rank because he did everything else perfectly haha.

ZeroX03

Banned

Time is the most important factor in GZ. The easiest way to get S Ranks is to do it very quickly - not hard if you know the optimal routes and strategies - with stealth, no reflex, no kills and restart checkpoint if you get caught. As long as you're quick and stealthy you can restart checkpoints a number of times before it affects your score.

TPP scores a little differently. More bonuses than compounding penalties. Meaning if you kill one person, you can kill them all without losing additional score.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_27_at_4_11_26_AM.png

I don't remember exactly what the penalty is like but basically the game forgets everything after the checkpoint when you use the restart function, you just get penalised for restarting. If you have almost no margin in your S-rank normally, it's quite possible that the penalty will bring you under the limit. So you do need to make up for it by doing other things (e.g. finishing quickly or saving tons of prisoners).

In fact the ranking system is very flexible, there are always different ways to get that S-rank. Sometimes going in lethally is a very good option. Actually, I remember seeing a screenshot of a guy who killed everyone during one of the missions and still got an S-rank because he did everything else perfectly haha.

Time is the most important factor in GZ. The easiest way to get S Ranks is to do it very quickly - not hard if you know the optimal routes and strategies - with stealth, no reflex, no kills and restart checkpoint if you get caught. As long as you're quick and stealthy you can restart checkpoints a number of times before it affects your score.

TPP scores a little differently. More bonuses than compounding penalties. Meaning if you kill one person, you can kill them all without losing additional score.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_27_at_4_11_26_AM.png
Ah ok, so it really is because of the time it takes me. I hate going fast in ground zeroes, I always get spotted and I freaking love just trying to ghost my way through the level and go at my own tempo. I'll forget about S-ranking any missions in GZ then, and hoping that TPP is more flexible on that side.(picture shows the mission was done in 3 minutes, so can't really base it on that alone) Thanks for the answers!

I just finished the Deja Vu mission. Absolutely loved it, I hope there's one too in TPP.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That's what I've been wondering. I wouldn't put it past Konami transfer servers shitting the bed on release day and it would be a major bummer if you couldn't import after the fact.

I don't think you can actually import the save until Mother Base is up and running in TPP. There was no option to import at the beginning of the game, but when I went to load my save the next day, an import option was on the main menu. It doesn't work yet, of course, because TPP can't log into the servers yet. But it looks like it can be done at any time.

mcarlie

Banned
I have a save for GZ on both PS3 and PS4. I've extracted all POWs in the PS4 version. Does anyone know if you're able to choose which save comes over?

ZeroX03

Banned
Ah ok, so it really is because of the time it takes me. I hate going fast in ground zeroes, I always get spotted and I freaking love just trying to ghost my way through the level and go at my own tempo. I'll forget about S-ranking any missions in GZ then, and hoping that TPP is more flexible on that side.(picture shows the mission was done in 3 minutes, so can't really base it on that alone) Thanks for the answers!

For certain missions you can do additional criteria to boost your score. For example in GZ, if you rescued all the prisoners in the holding cells and not just Chico you got a big score boost that more than made up for the additional time to rescue them. My understand is that'll be the case for some missions in TPP but not all.

TPP you can also develop equipment so you can probably improve items that increase the efficiency of your chosen playstyle.

SJRB

Gold Member
For some bizarre reason TPP needs the Konami servers to import my Ground Zeroes save file, even though it's obviously also on the system. So at this point I can't import anything as the Konami servers are not up yet.

I hope the GZ staff will be added retroactively, it would be pretty cool to see them walk around Mother Base.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

If it rang up properly, your extracted soldier number should be 2 (one for him, one for bald soldier).
I ended up playing the mission twice, since bald soldier seems to despawn or disappear if you have to restart a checkpoint.

Getting S rank is so damn hard on some of the GZ missions. No way I'm getting those.

The only one that poses a challenge is the Kojima mission, and it's really not that hard. You even get to restart to the last checkpoint two or three times without losing the rank. All of the other missions can be easily accomplished by looking up youtube videos of people acing them in a very short time, which can be replicated.

The only one that poses a challenge is the Kojima mission, and it's really not that hard. You even get to restart to the last checkpoint two or three times without losing the rank. All of the other missions can be easily accomplished by looking up youtube videos of people acing them in a very short time, which can be replicated.
I got an S rank on Ground Zeroes tonight on Hard with no less than 6 (six!) checkpoint restarts to bring up the 100%. I don't normally do very well at these sorts of games but I've had a lot of fun with this one. There are a plethora of YouTube vids which can walk you through the various approaches, and you can mix and match the techniques from those depending on what you enjoy the most.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I have GZ on PS4 from PS+ but got an NVIDIA code for TPP on PC, which doesn't include the GZ pre-order bonus. There's absolutely no way I could just like... copy a friend's save file from his PC copy of GZ?

Gvitor

Replayed GZ yesterday and today I started the secondary missions. Goddamn, rescuing the Eye and the Finger is a pain in the ass, I'm almost giving up. If you trigger an alert it's a "gameover", since the game barely gives you any time until they escape (and the other is miles away from the place you currently are). And that time is to kill them, not to tranq/stun them and carry them to a landing zone.

When I finally managed to get to one of them, I started carrying him to the landing zone and was spotted. I didn't restart checkpoint fast enough and one guard killed the guy I was carrying, activating an automatic checkpoint and screwing me over.

Perhaps rescuing them in the opposite order is easier...

Ludens

Banned

? Kojima mission is the easiest. Just use a non-lethal weapon and that's it, you'll probably achieve S rank in your first try. I think the hardest mission is actually the "Kill two objectives" on Hard, because you NEED to clear the whole mission by killing those two enemies (so this means no "No kills" bonus), so you need to compensate it by speedrunning the mission by doing it under 1 minute and 20 seconds or so. That one is the only one I needed try three times.

PreFire

Replayed GZ yesterday and today I started the secondary missions. Goddamn, rescuing the Eye and the Finger is a pain in the ass, I'm almost giving up. If you trigger an alert it's a "gameover", since the game barely gives you any time until they escape (and the other is miles away from the place you currently are). And that time is to kill them, not to tranq/stun them and carry them to a landing zone.

When I finally managed to get to one of them, I started carrying him to the landing zone and was spotted. I didn't restart checkpoint fast enough and one guard killed the guy I was carrying, activating an automatic checkpoint and screwing me over.

Perhaps rescuing them in the opposite order is easier...
this is actually one of the easier missions IMO.

Make your way toward the main road and either take out or stick up the guy at the first tower slightly to the left. Make him lay down. Now use your binoculars to carefully look and mark people. The bald guy will be walking around the east refugee camp (the one closest to the GZ mission start point) with 1 or 2 people, while the black guy with shades will be at the main tower in the section that overlooks the helipad (where the tank is)
It takes patience. Just tranq the guys around him, there are tons of YouTube walkthroughs if you are having a hard time.

? Kojima mission is the easiest. Just use a non-lethal weapon and that's it, you'll probably achieve S rank in your first try. I think the hardest mission is actually the "Kill two objectives" on Hard, because you NEED to clear the whole mission by killing those two enemies (so this means no "No kills" bonus), so you need to compensate it by speedrunning the missione by doing it under 1 minute and 20 seconds or so. That one is the only one I needed try three times.

Kojima mission on hard was definitely the hardest mission for me to s rank. Miss a couple of shots here and there and kojima is toast

Tagyhag

Do I need to have GZ installed on Steam for this to work? My hurdle is not having it at all. I don't want to spend the time 100%ing it on PS4 and be unable to use that at all in my PC version of TPP.

You should be able to make the folder and that's it, however, we won't know for sure until the game is actually out.

You need GZ so you can upload the save data, I think.
It has the option in the main menu.

That's true, I wonder if you can just download a save transfer file since that's all that does.

GrizzNKev

Banned
You should be able to make the folder and that's it, however, we won't know for sure until the game is actually out.

That's true, I wonder if you can just download a save transfer file since that's all that does.

Right. I guess it's possible I can wait until Tuesday and ask someone for a clean save which includes only the imported data but hasn't started playing yet.

Would anyone here be willing to do that so I can give it a try?

Gvitor

this is actually one of the easier missions IMO.

Make your way toward the main road and either take out or stick up the guy at the first tower slightly to the left. Make him lay down. Now use your binoculars to carefully look and mark people. The bald guy will be walking around the east refugee camp (the one closest to the GZ mission start point) with 1 or 2 people, while the black guy with shades will be at the main tower in the section that overlooks the helipad (where the tank is)
It takes patience. Just tranq the guys around him, there are tons of YouTube walkthroughs if you are having a hard time.

I went for the tower first, will try going for the bald guy first this time.

I rescued the 2 prisoners near the mission start point, do I have to rescue them again or just doing it one time counts to the save transfer?

melos

Kojima mission on hard was definitely the hardest mission for me to s rank. Miss a couple of shots here and there and kojima is toast

I found always prioritizing any cars going for Kojima and rocket launchers at the chopper then going for the regular goons to be the best way of keeping everybody alive along with the hope for S rank.

Flandy

I have GZ on PS4 from PS+ but got an NVIDIA code for TPP on PC, which doesn't include the GZ pre-order bonus. There's absolutely no way I could just like... copy a friend's save file from his PC copy of GZ?
You need to upload it from Grounz Zeroes so probably not. You could family share the game off a friend?

Right. I guess it's possible I can wait until Tuesday and ask someone for a clean save which includes only the imported data but hasn't started playing yet.

Would anyone here be willing to do that so I can give it a try?

Yeah, I will.

I've got a fast connection and I'll be downloading the game when it unlocks, so it shouldn't be long before I have a save file with the imported data.

Jedi2016

Silly question... Do you have check off all the boxes on a single playthrough? Like when extracting all the prisoners.. can I get all of them on one playthrough and then not do it on the next one while going for something else and still keep those people I had gotten earlier?

Top Bottom