• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

My GameStop order hasn't shipped yet, although customer service told me if I paid for one-day shipping (which I did) then I should get it ont 9/1.

I just paid for the 3-5 day shipping as I find the fact that they don't offer release day shipping on this is absolutely ridiculous. The 1 day shipping was almost $15 when I put my order in.

Amazon.ca members:

What are your orders saying at the moment?

It previously said this:

CNhEKEEUAAAfy8K.jpg:large

But then I changed from express shipping to priority and now it looks like this

fcnFGJ0.png

However I've been informed I may have screwed myself over and been booted to the back of queue for shipments so I guess we will see what happens

So DO NOT change your shipping speed

tsunam1

Neo Member
AMAZON.CA

Finally got something out of amazon chat, i guess you have to give them a fair chance. I just didn't want to allow them to fail on me once.

Initial Question: Hello Amazon,

Recently, i was having issues with a delivery estimate on my order of this item: Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition / Order #------------- . It was not showing any delivery estimate and i was fearing a rupture of stock and could not ship in time. I contacted your customer service a couple of time to check on the issue. Today, the delivery estimate finally showed up. Thank you for that. However, the delivery estimate for the item is sept 7-8 2015 for an item i pre-ordered March 9 2015. You have to undestand my position as I find this unacceptable since i chose priority shipping. The last Customer rep that i talked to, ensured me an evident note would be placed on my order to ship it as soon as you guys have it. I wanna know what's up with my order as i really dislike the fact that i will get it so late considering i was willing to pay your price for priority shipping.

Thank you for you time!
04:03 PM PDT Bharath(Amazon): Hello, my name is Bharath . I'll be glad to assist you today.
04:03 PM PDT Me: Good evening Bharath
04:04 PM PDT Bharath: please check now.
Guaranteed delivery by: Tuesday, September 1, 2015
04:04 PM PDT Me: Wow this is Boss.
<3
Thank you very much
04:04 PM PDT Bharath: It was a pleasure assisting you today! We look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Otherwise, you can click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window.
04:04 PM PDT Me: when do you expect shipping?
a day before
?
04:05 PM PDT Bharath: we are planing to ship the item on Monday, August 31, 2015.

AMAZON.CA

Finally got something out of amazon chat, i guess you have to give them a fair chance. I just didn't want to allow them to fail on me once.

Initial Question: Hello Amazon,

Recently, i was having issues with a delivery estimate on my order of this item: Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition / Order #------------- . It was not showing any delivery estimate and i was fearing a rupture of stock and could not ship in time. I contacted your customer service a couple of time to check on the issue. Today, the delivery estimate finally showed up. Thank you for that. However, the delivery estimate for the item is sept 7-8 2015 for an item i pre-ordered March 9 2015. You have to undestand my position as I find this unacceptable since i chose priority shipping. The last Customer rep that i talked to, ensured me an evident note would be placed on my order to ship it as soon as you guys have it. I wanna know what's up with my order as i really dislike the fact that i will get it so late considering i was willing to pay your price for priority shipping.

Thank you for you time!
04:03 PM PDT Bharath(Amazon): Hello, my name is Bharath . I'll be glad to assist you today.
04:03 PM PDT Me: Good evening Bharath
04:04 PM PDT Bharath: please check now.
04:04 PM PDT Me: Wow this is Boss.
<3
Thank you very much
04:04 PM PDT Bharath: It was a pleasure assisting you today! We look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Otherwise, you can click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window.
04:04 PM PDT Me: when do you expect shipping?
a day before
?
04:05 PM PDT Bharath: we are planing to ship the item on Monday, August 31, 2015.

Awesome! Since my order also says Sept 1 for 1 day shipping looks like it's going out Monday as well

Glad things seem to be getting sorted out!

This is great. Now, if they'd just update our orders so I can get some sleep this weekend, haha.

I know right! Just take my money already :X Its going to be fun for me at work on Monday. Just waiting for Amazon to notify me of the game shipping.

tsunam1

Neo Member
I have to admit though, it might have been extreme paranoia on my parth. Rep at Amazon must have been like: What the heck is up with all this hype for this item! Or maybe this sudden wave of customer checking on this specific order made sure things would move.... I don't know.

I have to admit though, it might have been extreme paranoia on my parth. Rep at Amazon must have been like: What the heck is up with all this hype for this item! Or maybe this sudden wave of customer checking on this specific order made sure things would move.... I don't know.

Don't worry, I'm just as paranoid. I am constantly refreshing my BB order page.

nemisis0

Got orders for me and friends on amazon.com .fr .de and .es not a single one has taken payment or moved from the pre order stage.

All of you with actual estimates and I'm just here without one.

Both of us who have estimates had our shipping changed to 1 day

You can try that but people have warned that you may be bumped in the queue for order fulfilment by changing your order ... So I guess it's up to you if you want to risk it

JayBabay

It previously said this:

CNhEKEEUAAAfy8K.jpg:large

But then I changed from express shipping to priority and now it looks like this

fcnFGJ0.png

However I've been informed I may have screwed myself over and been booted to the back of queue for shipments so I guess we will see what happens

So DO NOT change your shipping speed

I did something similar for my Bloodborne CE, changing the shipping address and they put in the back of the line with a shipping date months down the line. I assumed they wouldn't have stock after the initial release and I cancelled and settled for the standard edition, unfortunately.

I preordered the MGSV CE when Best Buy recently put it back up for sale for a brief moment in July so I have my fingers crossed it will go through. Time will tell..

jrush64

Banned
I changed my Amazon.com collectors edition shipping from 2-day to 1-day shipping. That option wasn't available to me before.

sjay1994

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

image.png

Initial Question: Hi. I pre ordered this item on March 10th. I got an email recently saying that amazon doesn't know where the item is. I am worried that the september 1st release date that I should have recieved the item on is compromised

04:59 PM PDT Meghana(Amazon): Hello, my name is Meghana. Let me check that for you.
05:01 PM PDT Meghana: I have checked the details and I see that there is no enough stock for this item with Amazon right now. But we are trying our best to get the stock and deliver the item to you at priority basis.
05:01 PM PDT Me: there is no stock?
05:02 PM PDT Meghana: Yes there is no stock with Amazon at this point.
05:02 PM PDT Me: but you will get more?
05:02 PM PDT Meghana: Yes ofcourse.
We will get more. We are already in process to get more.
As soon as we have any update from the manufacturers, you will be notifed.
05:03 PM PDT Me: Ok, do you have an estimate as to when you will get more?
05:04 PM PDT Meghana: Honestly we do not have an estimate date. Because we do not want to make a false promise to you saying that the item will be in stock on so and so date.
But still we have an update that it could be delivered in 1 week of sept.
05:05 PM PDT Meghana: We will try our best to check if it can be delivered before the weekend.
That is may be between september 1- September 3
05:06 PM PDT Meghana: Oh I just got another update.
05:07 PM PDT Meghana: The order says it will be delivered by Sept 1
05:07 PM PDT Me: Oh, really?
05:07 PM PDT Meghana: Yay!
05:07 PM PDT Me: Yay indeed
05:07 PM PDT Meghana: So everything is set now !
05:07 PM PDT Me: Thanks, that put my concerns to rest
05:07 PM PDT Meghana: You're welcome.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

05:07 PM PDT Me: Thats all
thanks
05:07 PM PDT Meghana: Thank you for contacting us. We hope to see you again.

People check your .ca orders

MattyG

Banned
I changed my Amazon.com collectors edition shipping from 2-day to 1-day shipping. That option wasn't available to me before.
I'm seeing that option too. When was it going to show up for you with 2 day shipping? And when now with 1 day? I have mine at 2 day and it's showing up on Tuesday, but I'm wondering if 1 day would make it get here Monday.

Edit: Just tried switching it, would've been here Tuesday either way.

Edit2: FUCK. Apparently the only way to get release date shipping now for me is 1 day. It'd be here thursday if I did 2 day.

nemisis0

Official notice from the Facebook page:

Notice to all customers purchasing the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
Please be aware, the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain code for DLC was not included within the physical package during manufacturing. This issue does not affect the Day One Edition product or any other platforms. All customers who purchase the PS4 Collector's Edition through the following retailers will automatically receive the DLC codes at the time of purchase on receipt or via email: Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, EB Games, Game Planet. For all other customers, voucher codes may be obtained by contacting KONAMI customer support at https://konami.parature.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp with proof of purchase.

jrush64

Banned
PSY&#12539;S;176838125 said:
Won't you be moved to the back of the queue now?

I don't think so. Regardless, doesn't really matter much to me anyway. I'll just get regular.

Still showing

lhAlIgh.png

Not much has changed.

For those of you who got the order updated, did you need to contact amazon before the order status changed? Mine still shows the unknown delivery estimate message.

poodpick

Fuck yeah they upgraded my shipping to 1 day from 2 day (not sure if that makes a difference lol), delivery date is now the 1st.

Dalto11

Changed to two-day shipping last week so I could get it on release day. I'm hoping that it didn't push me too far back in the queue then. Am I safe? I know it says Tuesday but I'm scared at this point since the payment hasn't posted yet.

0A0ZVKx.png

Top Bottom