• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Alpende

Sucks for the people who really want to play this. Going off on my expierence, amazon is normally pretty good with pre-orders

SJRB

Gold Member
If the DLC codes aren't included in the CE anymore that would be nothing short of outrageous.

Surely this has to be a mistake.

Caja 117

It's quickly looking more and more like THIS is the primary issue with the CE. No codes included at all. No day 1, no CE codes either. This is a major major major screw up if it ends up as widespread as it is currently looking.

So let me see if I follow, there is chance CE wont ship day one because they didnt took care of an item that has "Kojima Production" printed on it?

I couldn't care less about the dlc so long as my pre-order is good. I pre-ordered the instant it became available. If the dlc isn't included, you have the proof of purchase guys. I bet it'd be incredibly quick and easy to contact support and get the codes.

Reule

They're fucking up the CE with no codes? Right on, Konami. Girlfriend is going to let me play her Day 1 Edition copy on release day since it looks like Target won't have my CE till the 3rd at the earliest. Even so, her mother is apparently now staying with us Tuesday night. TPP Day is turning out to be very frustrating.

Caja 117

They're fucking up the CE with no codes? Right on, Konami. Girlfriend is going to let me play her Day 1 Edition copy on release day since it looks like Target won't have my CE till the 3rd at the earliest. Even so, her mother is apparently now staying with us Tuesday night. TPP Day is turning out to be very frustrating.

Im sorry to hear that is happening, but I couldnt help to laugh

jrush64

Banned
5L1Fwz8.png

I hope this is a good sign that mine comes on time. I ordered on the 9th of March.

How would they fix this? This will honestly bug me.

For online orders I don't think it would be an issue for the retailer to e-mail out the codes to people who bought it. Might take a bit longer to get them, but I think it would ultimately be acceptable.

Im in the same boat, did you guys placed the preorder the same day the CE was available? hopefully, that counts for something.

Yeah, ordered it as soon as it went up.

God I'm so sorry.

KevinG

Well, at the very least, I'll try to convince Amazon to give me a digital code while I wait on the physical.

If things go awry.

Cathcart

You have a girlfriend who is buying her own copy of MGSV. You've already won Earth. Nobody cares if things are slightly inconvenient for you, you jerk.

Reule

Im sorry to hear that dude, but that made me laugh
Haha, it's cool. I'm lucky enough to get to play.

You have a girlfriend who is buying her own copy of MGSV. You've already won Earth. Nobody cares if things are slightly inconvenient for you, you jerk.
Not really complaining too much! Plans change, stuff happens. I'm thankful that I'll be playing sometime on or around release day. Sounds like people have it a lot worse.

Shenmue

Banned
Damn my Best Buy order still shows "Preordered on ____".

Anyone else's processing progress show anything different?

Dammit every time I cancel these stupid CEs something like this happens and then I hear about people getting $20+ credits or free copies of the game to make up for it.

On Demand

Banned
Im just going off these posts:

Found this reddit thread re: missing codes....

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...whats_going_on_with_the_missing_codes_in_the/

I wonder if we're looking at a full scale Konami pulling back all copies of the CE..... and selling them later.

FFS Konami. I hope is not all copies.

So let me see if I follow, there is chance CE wont ship day one because they didnt took care of an item that has "Kojima Production" printed on it?

Oh man if this is the main reason.

With Amazon charging taxes nowadays i dont see a need to use them on release day. Might as well go to Walmart/Target/Bestbuy so I can get it in the morning.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I personally don't mind a delay just hope my gs order doesn't get flat out canceled.

The issue with Dlc codes is infuriating. I went for the CE primarily for all the extra bonus content dlc but now even the day one edition seems more worthwhile in that regard.

RootCause

It's quickly looking more and more like THIS is the primary issue with the CE. No codes included at all. No day 1, no CE codes either. This is a major major major screw up if it ends up as widespread as it is currently looking.
Oh, no. How can they mess this up so badly. Hope its a mistake, and not a result of their war on Kojima.
Really, they had months to fix whatever problems they had with the vouchers.

//ARCANUM

I'm mostly worried that the following could happen:

- Konami becomes aware that all CE are missing all codes
- Konami informs all retailers they are recalling all CE (some have of course slipped out)
- Konami will then open CE's, put in codes, re-seal them and re-send to retailers
- Since retailers don't know how long this will take, they cancel everyone's orders and will instead just put them up for sale when they're ready in 2 weeks, screwing everyone over.

I know this is a worst case - tin hat - scenario. But I've been so screwed over by Nintendo recently when it comes to Amiibo that I'm just trying to prepare myself for the eventual final step in Konami's master plan of giving us all the finger.

- Konami informs all retailers they are recalling all CE (some have of course slipped out)
- Konami will then open CE's, put in codes, re-seal them and re-send to retailers
- Since retailers don't know how long this will take, they cancel everyone's orders and will instead just put them up for sale when they're ready in 2 weeks, screwing everyone over.

I know this is a worst case - tin hat - scenario. But I've been so screwed over by Nintendo recently when it comes to Amiibo that I'm just trying to prepare myself for the eventual final step in Konami's master plan of giving us all the finger.

Some peoples are already shipping out though

They need a different solution

a harpy

With Amazon charging taxes nowadays i dont see a need to use them on release day. Might as well go to Walmart/Target/Bestbuy so I can get it in the morning.

For me, it's the comfort of preordering while sitting comfy on my butt at midnight as soon as it goes live. I only really pre-order things that might sell out, though.

MattyG

Banned
Just checked my Amazon US order again after the title update. Still says it's coming on time on Tuesday, but some of the replies in here got me like

tumblr_n8mac6AVuP1rvfy6do1_500.gif

Same.

Well, at least we're all in the same boat here. I guess if I don't see the status move by the end of the weekend I'll cancel and pick up the day 1 at GS. *sigh*

I take it back, you may or may not see a status change on the weekend. I was looking through my history and everything shipped the day before of release and arrived on the day of release from Best Buy. So people might not see anything until Monday.

Anyone expecting a status change now is expecting it way too soon.

//ARCANUM

Yeah, thus the (some have slipped out) part. It's just this news about missing codes coupled with the news of cancelations happening worldwide.... I'm adding the things together in my head and they're not looking pretty.

Honestly I really have no idea what's going on and am just speculating. I just expect Konami to Konami us so Konami hard right now. It's gone hurt.

Ridley327

The most sensible and low-impact way of handling it would be to just make them available on the respective marketplaces. The only real downside to that would be having to quell some of the anger from CE owners who wanted the maximum value, but the cost was always in the physical goods and not the weapon skins and Rex hat.

RootCause

That's a scary scenario.

Podge293

Any update on the Irish stores? I know GameStop posted that they were shipping the MGS consoles yesterday. They haven't mentioned anything about potential delays or the such when queried on twitter

I take it back, you may or may not see a status change on the weekend. I was looking through my history and everything shipped the day before of release and arrived on the day of release from Best Buy. So people might not see anything until Monday.

Anyone expecting a status change now is expecting it way too soon.
So, Best Buy typically has release date delivery? I normally order my games through Amazon, but Best Buy was my only way to get the CE months ago.

Ridley327

So, Best Buy typically has release date delivery? I normally order my games through Amazon, but Best Buy was my only way to get the CE months ago.

They generally do. I think that niche stuff can be a bit haphazard, but that's not necessarily on Best Buy, as the smaller publishers don't have the same level of coverage as the major pubs do.

Oh god, I'm glad I'm getting the PC version now, too. I have to play day one, and I have to have the Collector's Edition. I can wait on the extra content but golly gee wiz I hope this release goes smoothly.

atr0cious

This reminds me of the Snake Eater CE. I had already paid mine off, but my EB Games got none, so they called around and I had to drive an hour away to grab the only copy in the area. ordered on Amazon, as of now I have a date for Tuesday.

Ya, they do. You should stop buying games through Amazon and get GCU with Best Buy to save money. For example, your MGS5 CE would have been $80 instead of $100.

Assuming this is it they don't even need to open the packages. Just put the codes on a card stock pamphlet and just tape or re-wrap it onto the existing box. Or since close to 100% of the stock is pre-ordered it would't be impossible to just email the codes to everyone after the fact.

Konami probably employing too many janitors and security guards to realize this oversight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbWDTH35CGs

Top Bottom