• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

//ARCANUM

Assuming this is it they don't even need to open the packages. Just put the codes on a card stock pamphlet and just tape or re-wrap it onto the existing box. Or since close to 100% of the stock is pre-ordered it would't be impossible to just email the codes to everyone after the fact.

But they have to make sure they do it in a way that Konami's us in the worst Konami way.

lol

Raziel

I'm mostly worried that the following could happen:

- Konami becomes aware that all CE are missing all codes
- Konami informs all retailers they are recalling all CE (some have of course slipped out)
- Konami will then open CE's, put in codes, re-seal them and re-send to retailers
- Since retailers don't know how long this will take, they cancel everyone's orders and will instead just put them up for sale when they're ready in 2 weeks, screwing everyone over.

I know this is a worst case - tin hat - scenario. But I've been so screwed over by Nintendo recently when it comes to Amiibo that I'm just trying to prepare myself for the eventual final step in Konami's master plan of giving us all the finger.

Pretty sure they would just send codes and the map to retailers instead of all that.

Timeaisis

I take it back, you may or may not see a status change on the weekend. I was looking through my history and everything shipped the day before of release and arrived on the day of release from Best Buy. So people might not see anything until Monday.

Anyone expecting a status change now is expecting it way too soon.

Does Best Buy always do release day shipping? I didn't have to choose my shipping options or anything. I don't normally order online from BB, I pick up in store, which wasn't available for MGSV CE.

I guess I'm asking if I'm supposed to actually get it Sept 1st. It only says "expected to be released September 1st". So I'm not sure.

Does Best Buy always do release day shipping? I didn't have to choose my shipping options or anything. I don't normally order online from BB, I pick up in store, which wasn't available for MGSV CE.

I guess I'm asking if I'm supposed to actually get it Sept 1st. It only says "expected to be released September 1st". So I'm not sure.

In my experience, I've received every preorder from BB on launch day.

RootCause

image.php

I know you know the Amiibo woes.
Amiibo is pain. :p Saw the news about Shovel Knight Amiibo.
The only way they can rectify this, is by emailing a code to CE owners. That or give us Gray Fox recruit, with the HF Blade.

Yes, their release date shipping applies automatically. Everything I've preordered from them in the last year has arrived on release date.

Zaheer

Am I cursed? Seriously, the second time I'm actually interested in buying a CE, and shit happens. Well, could be worse.

Muffdraul

If I don't get a CE, I'll live. I'm downloading from PSN this weekend, and as long as that goes through... that's all that really matters to me.

//ARCANUM

No one said they wouldn't. People getting all steamed about the dlc shouldn't be. The dlc would be super easy to get if it was missing. Imagine if the arm or steelbook was missing. That would be an actual problem.

my concern is not with Konami giving out the DLC to people affected, my concern is Konami potentially using a "nuke it from orbit" approach and recalling the copies from stores.

Justinh

my concern is not with Konami giving out the DLC to people affected, my concern is Konami potentially using a "nuke it from orbit" approach and recalling the copies from stores.

I don't understand why they'd do that when it seems to me it'd cost a helluva lot more money recalling rather than just emailing codes.

Best Buy order status officially says backordered

s7HI7ux.gif

Mine still says In progess and Pre-Ordered

They would never recall copies for an item that's basically digital. Don't create scenarios that wouldn't happen and get stressed bud!

My BB order is backordered. Motherfucker.

Edit: just preordered the day one edition. Had $15 in certificates so the total was just over $36 with tax thanks to gcu.

Loakum

Banned
Help me Gaf. Is this good?
2gPIltZ.png

It's not good......it's Grrrreat! Congrats! Mine still haven't shipped and is estimated to arrive Sept 7 - Sept 11th. Oh well. (I'm too cheap to become an Prime member)

PS...this whole thing about missing codes and maps, and cancelled Collector's Editions sucks a big one!

MattyG

Banned
It's also a manufactoring problem. the diamond dog lock is missing.

11865038_1168141506533695_6392314885130523588_o.png
Goddammit Konami. Can't you do anything right.
I know it's the manufacturer's problem, but it's much easier and more fun to blame Konami at this point.

I'm assuming this will affect everyone?

What the eff. Why would yours be backordered and not mine?

Oh god... what if they're systematically going through all orders and backordering them.... THEY PLAYED US LIKE DAMN FIDDLES.

edit - were you Xbox One or PS4? I'm PS4.

Mine was PS4, both at Best Buy and Amazon.

Also I really don't even care since i was just going to get a X1 version in store on day one since that's where my ground zero save is.

Anyone who is posting their status of backordered or delay, please post where you bought it from, what your order date was and what platform you selected.

tsunam1

Neo Member
I was told via chat @ .CA that they don't update shipping estimate until the day its released from the warehouse and send it for shipment.

Revan

I got a call from EB Games saying that my pre-order will be available for pickup on Tuesday at 9 am.

I pre-ordered the game on March 9th.

In the GTA if that matters.

Gamestop charged my credit card yesterday but I don't have any shipping info yet :( anyone else in the same boat?

Gamestop charged my card yesterday as well. I checked the order status on their website right now and it still says "Open" with this news I am a little worried that it hasn't moved to the "In-Process" phase yet.

I will keep checking the status throughout today and tomorrow and if push comes to shove I will just buy the standard edition from BB and hopefully get my hands on a collector's edition down the road after the problem is fixed.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I got a call from EB Games saying that my pre-order will be available for pickup on Tuesday at 9 am.

I pre-ordered the game on March 9th.

In the GTA if that matters.
I got that as well. Guess I'll be opening up mine at the store to make sure I've got my codes.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I was told via chat @ .CA that they don't update shipping estimate until the day its released from the warehouse and send it for shipment.
So basically if you've already obtained some sort of email telling you that your order has been put on back order, there is no real reason to be worrying until September 1st.

Also apparently I already had the day one edition pre-ordered since January. At least if the CE falls through I have a backup.

huh, I was debating on keeping my Amazon pre-order after I managed to get the first round of Best Buy pre-orders.

I still have it, now I'm not sure, neither one of them at least are not stating that they're backordered.

Zaheer

was the first batman?

Yep. I actually wanted the stuff included and didn't mind dropping the $200, since I steely buy them for myself.
I was interested in The Witcher 3 CE first, but realized the only thing I wanted was the statue, then I heard people talk about it being in poor quality in one or two threads and just passed.

Top Bottom