• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

KeRaSh

That's not Rayman... :(
Looks like a hipster mechanic Joel from TLoU!
Never played BG&E so I'm not that hyped but everyone keeps raving about the franchise so I'm glad they are getting what they've asked for.

I'd say there's no chance it's an NX game if it's being talked about right now, but Nintendo and Ubi are weird. There were Zombi U hints ahead of the official reveal, too.

Kouriozan

I'd say there's no chance it's an NX game if it's being talked about right now, but Nintendo and Ubi are weird. There were Zombi U hints ahead of the official reveal, too.
Indeed, they would have waited a few weeks for NX's reveal anyway.
It'd be weird to be an exclusive game.

Fuchsdh

Honestly after finally playing BGE on XB BC I was left a bit underwhelmed with it. A lot of that probably has to do with the incredibly dated and fiddly camera and stealth controls, but the story also felt bizarrely rushed. Would be interesting to see what a modern successor would look like.

If all of this goes well, I wonder what will be the next seemingly impossible sequel to actually come to fruition.

Chrono Break? A new F-Zero? HALF LIFE 3?

Wait a second... above the pig's head... is that...!?

NC7xAO8.png

And an alpha, for avatar purposes ;)

chVbQBO.png

Because as we see it now, the NX will be severely underpowered compared to the rest.

But why would Nintendo's power disadvantage hinder the chances of BG&E2 going multiplatform?
If Playtonic can do it with Yooka-Laylee, so can Ubi.

And the fact that's how its been now for quite some time for games, Nintendo platform exclusive or not coming at all. (and I don't see it changing)

That's not what happened with Rayman Legends.

Micerider

Well, there is always the option that Nintendo is funding it, ala Bayonetta 2. This would make a good justification for an NX exclusive. I suppose Ubi could agree with that if they had very limited intention to actually make BG&E 2 on their own.

Lime

People best start to wish that Vivendi won't take over Ubisoft - I don't see them going ahead with funding a game like that, given the way Vivendi has acted beforehand, especially in France

KAL2006

Banned
People best start to wish that Vivendi won't take over Ubisoft - I don't see them going ahead with funding a game like that, given the way Vivendi has acted beforehand, especially in France

But Nintendo will fund this for the NX exclusive right?

I wonder if Ancel going free agent was the catalyst for Ubisoft to get serious about this game. Whatever it is. They could lose him permanently if this Wild game was a success.

I hope the Ubisoft boycotters remain steadfast after the betrayalton of Rayman Legends.

Zero83

I'd say this indicates that the NX reveal is happening very soon and Ubisoft is teasing both the game and the console reveal. Art now, full reveal whenever the NX is revealed. The timing adds up.

I expect we will get to know when the NX will be revealed within the next 7 days.

But obviously, nobody knows.

Vena

Odd timing to start teasing and for a "soon" too. There's no events to warrant a reveal in the near future and EGX just ended, unless I am forgetting something.

Lime

Odd timing to start teasing and for a "soon" too. There's no events to warrant a reveal in the near future and EGX just ended, unless I am forgetting something.

either NX reveal

or PSX in December I guess

Otherwise you'll see it next year I guess if they want to reveal it at a big event

I have to ask why do people give shit to Nintendo when a game is exclusive on there platform? However, when it comes to Sony no one bats an eye. Yeah it doesn't always occur but regardless people were going crazy over Bayonneta when the game wouldn't have existed if it weren't for Nintendo.

Shouldn't you be happy it fucking exists then getting mad on it being a exclusive.

I have to ask why do people give shit to Nintendo when a game is exclusive on there platform? However, when it comes to Sony no one bats an eye. Yeah it doesn't always occur but regardless people were going crazy over Bayonneta when the game wouldn't have existed if it weren't for Nintendo.

Shouldn't you be happy it fucking exists then getting mad on it being a exclusive.
People get mad regardless when a multiplatform goes exclusive there's not some pass because you're Sony,Nintendo or Microsoft. Thing is people don't take into consideration why! It's now exclusive

Lime

(artificial) exclusive means less people are able to play the game. Unless you're a console fangirl/-boy or a shareholder, you shouldn't have any interest in third party games being artificially exclusive to one single platform, as it locks out the game from other people who otherwise would be interested in the game.

Lutherian

Really home Emma de Caunes voices over Jade once more.

The french voice-over was so good!

OCPLB ! On casse pas l'binôme!

Yes, and so did Double H and Pey'j voice actors ^^ :

- Un esprit sain dans un porcin !
- Hé ! On casse pas l'binôme ! Article 1, page 72 !

(artificial) exclusive means less people are able to play the game. Unless you're a console fangirl/-boy or a shareholder, you shouldn't have any interest in third party games being artificially exclusive to one single platform, as it locks out the game from other people who otherwise would be interested in the game.

However, in this case if Nintendo is funding the game that otherwise wouldn't have existed should people really get mad? Would you rather not have the game exist?

Gnomist

Well that image seems pretty definitive. I hope this game comes together nicely and gives Ubi a reason to invest in further entries in the series. I think the first game had some rough edges but I always wanted to see how it would evolve in sequels. Maybe if the prequel does well enough we'll get a sequel to the first game's story? Good luck to all the devs involved. I hope it turns out great.

Looking forward to hearing some new music too. Some of those early tracks in the first game really set the tone of the world. A couple favorites:

Home Sweet Home

Hyllian Suite

Top Bottom