• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

Same R_thanatos, the moment we get a trailer I won't be able to stop my hype lol.

Edit: As long as Jade is playable again.

Emily can't take a shit without people reading something into it

And yeah, if this is truly happening, I hope it will be multi-platform so that everybody can play it

Yeah.

I missed the first game when it was released. A few years ago I bought the PC version on GOG, but there were a few technical issues on modern PCs and I gave up playing it. If BGE2 comes to NX, I hope the first one gets remastered so I can finally play it.

Lutherian

I can 100% get behind a prequel to BG&E. After a 13 year wait it's really the only way they could bring it to current gen and hope to make any money at all.

Anyway It'll be nice to see a Pey'j origin story and maybe some more info on the whole
Jade/Shauni/DomZ connection

tumblrlbyqolomkm1qbzf0vo1500gif.gif

Don't let me down again Ubi.

I love Jade, her french and english voice actress were great, I really wish we will play Jade again in BG&E 2.

Byvar

Oh man - is that Jade's dad and little Pey'J? Would totally love it if this was a sequel to BG&E that also finally tells the story of Jade's father. The first game teased that he'd had problems with the authorities on another planet and was forced to part with Jade and Pey'J and put them on a spaceship (the Beluga) to another planet (Hyllis) as a result. That sounds like a very cool premise for a BG&E prequel, but the game also really needs to resolve the cliffhanger at the end of BG&E, so I'm sure it'll be a sequel with a prequel story contained in it. Something like Jade going back to her father's home planet in search for a cure for Pey'J's infection, and accidentally finding out what really happened to her father...

Happy to see it's actually alive.

Hm...

system 4
Ubisot
A baby pig with an old guy. Maybe little Pey'j and father of Jade? BGE prequel?

Probably a sequel that delves into the past they only touch on in dialogue in the first game. Can't imagine them moving away from Jade as primary protag.

DKHF

Any chance the art is taken from the next Game Informer cover (which will presumably be revealed next week)? Not sure if already suggested, but if the game is not NX exclusive/tied to the NX reveal, a Game Informer reveal is possible.

Ideally I'd want it BG&E2 to be multiplatform, but if platform exclusivity is what's needed for it to happen, I'll take it.

Just please be it this time. No more "buy this and it'll help" bollocks.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm still calm ....

BUt a video tease or another picture will make me crazy .

Please make us crazy , ancel
Based on Ubisoft's recent interviews I'm assuming this is pretty early and was primarily greenlit to garner good will in the fight against Vivendi, so I'm not sure they'd be ready for video.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, to be clear, WiLD isn't made by Ubisoft staff, who would be making 99%+ of this game.

You can stop freaking out about that one.

so1337

Dude, TLG, Shenmue III and BG&E are all happening. This is too much.

The bearded guy looks like Dudebro which makes him okay in my book.

Smellycat

Yep, that is Beyond Good and Evil 2!!! Please be on the NX, and please have Jade in it. This looks like a prequel to the first game.

Jb

Baby Pey'J looks cute as fuck.

Both characters in the concept art have a Bindi (red dot) on their forehead, so maybe they're still going for the Indian setting of that leaked gameplay video from a few years ago.

Snaku

Banned
I'm not going to let myself believe. I'm not going to let myself get excited. This isn't happening.

jWW5WKy.gif

CARLSON AND PETERS!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
System 1 was the NES, it had iterations until the Wii U.
System 2 was the Gameboy, it had iterations until the Gameboy Advance.
System 3 (the third pillar) was the Nintendo DS and so forth.

What does this all mean? Absolutely nothing.

Jawmuncher

I actually beat BG&E this year, so the timing if this is finally starting is perfect. A slightly more realistic tone/style with more polished combat and open world design would be amazing.

Vexidus

Beyond Good & Evil is one of my most favourite gaming experiences ever. The world was so wonderful and I loved the photography aspect. I have been pining for a sequel ever since.

Really hope that Jade is in it though, it wouldn't be BG&E without her.

If this actually comes to pass, I can't wait to see the big reveal with music like this to really get the nostalgia going. It has the potential to be something truly glorious. I'm hesitant to get my hopes up but damn, how can I not?

Top Bottom