• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

That is why.
Yeah, proved my point. It was on multiple platforms and bombed. Bayonetta bombed and Nintendo came in and funded a game when nobody else would and we got the amazing Bayonetta 2.

If Nintendo, Sony or MS needed to fund a game for it to happen then by all means that's a great thing.

oti

Banned
I could see a ReCore kinda thing happening. Open world-ish (ok), collecting material (please no), crafting (oh god please no).

Yeah, proved my point. It was on multiple platforms and bombed. Bayonetta bombed and Nintendo came in and funded a game when nobody else would and we got the amazing Bayonetta 2.

If Nintendo, Sony or MS needed to fund a game for it to happen then by all means that's a great thing.

I have no problem with Nintendo funding it. Hell my only concern was wanting him to finish WILD first. I will say it seems unusual to be working on two games at once. Not sure that is a recipe for success.

I have no problem with Nintendo funding it. Hell my only concern was wanting him to finish WILD first. I will say it seems unusual to be working on two games at once. Not sure that is a recipe for success.
I agree I don't think two games should be worked on at once, but I think Nomura is doing that with KH3 and FFVIIR and those are larger games. Maybe it won't be so bad lol. Idk though

If it is funded by Nintendo, and this is a big IF, I hope it will be sold like Bayo 2, including a remastered version of the first game.

Checked. She did.

Cool. Glad to know she did retweet it. And I 100% agree there needs to be a remaster of the first game and mainly because it's been so long since the first game released.

Keasar

14369192_953707601400156_8704898801950785536_n.jpg

....I refuse to believe.

Whatever system this game will end up on, I'm just happy that one of the big companies will actually make a high budget game that isn't so realistic open world or shooter.

big AAA companies offerings are lackluster this gen so far.

Agreed but Horizon is this too. It's not overly realistic, it's not a shooter, and its AAA.

I'd think at least part of BG&E2 will almost definitely be pretty open world when you consider the first game. Though it'll probably have several separate locations again too as well.

Beyond Good and Evil is one of my all-time favourite games, so I couldn't be more stoked.

Edit
All this NX talk made me realise that I don't even care if I have to buy a new system for this. Gimme gimme gimme.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Emily retweeting this doesn't necessarily mean anything, unless she states so. She retweets also things that are just interesting and have nothing to do with rumours. This discussion is pointless.

UrbanRats

Before Good & Evil
Prequel
Stars and play as Jade's father
Young Pey'j
Origin story
Third person shooter / Gears clone
Pey'j is co-op partner
Online multiplayer focus
PlayStation 4 exclusive

Remember when as a kid, you'd dream of having a cool toy, and you'd wake up super happy, with the hands still locked in the position grasping it, until you realized the utterly devastating reality of actually not having it?

But i believe in Michel Ancel.

Emily retweeting this doesn't necessarily means anything, unless she states so. She retweets also things that are just interesting and have nothing to do with rumours. This discussion is pointless.

Based on the rumor from six months ago, it's not completely pointless.

Whether you choose to believe it is of course another story. I remain very skeptical and agree that an Emily Rogers retweet doesn't really mean all that much.

Sheroking

What rumour pointed this to be a NX exclusive? I feel like we're jumping the shark a bit with this.

Destructoid reported a rumor that BG&E2 was being funded by Nintendo, in a similiar situation to Bayonetta 2, last March. It was the first time we've heard anything about the game in a couple years.

Yves Guillemot hinted that the game still existed at E3. Recently suggested that Ubi Soft had more games than Just Dance in development for NX.

I'm not saying the rumor was legit, but it's plausible enough to not dismiss outright.

Emily retweeting this doesn't necessarily means anything, unless she states so. She retweets also things that are just interesting and have nothing to do with rumours. This discussion is pointless.

Yeah, she also retweeted things like Sonic Mania, which is not releasing on a Nintendo console. We shouldn't take it as an indicator towards the game's relationship with NX.

yo dude I was interested in Wild - where is that game? But hype for Beyond Good and Evil fans though. I have the HD port so one day....

Shiggy

Isn't she a sort of champion of lesser known games? Not just Nintendo and indie?

I feel like BG&E is the kind of niche project that Emily would throw herself behind, even if it's from Ubisoft.

I'd just think she's interested in the game and Ancel but fail to see why her retweeting that would imply much beyond that.

Top Bottom