• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

silva1991

Agreed but Horizon is this too. It's not overly realistic, it's not a shooter, and its AAA.

I'd think at least part of BG&E2 will almost definitely be pretty open world when you consider the first game. Though it'll probably have several separate locations again too as well.

I wasn't including Sony, MS or Nintendo in my post :p

I was referring to EA, Ubisoft and Activision etc.

FelipeMGM

Yo, if Emily knows anything about this beeing an exclusive to the NX, she will say it. The retweet does not mean anything tbh.

Im pretty sure she will weight in on this soon

Iokis

It's been thirteen years and I am tired of doing this to myself but it just has to be BG&E2 right, right? I need to beliieeeeeveee (again)

WITHE1982

I can 100% get behind a prequel to BG&E. After a 13 year wait it's really the only way they could bring it to current gen and hope to make any money at all.

Anyway It'll be nice to see a Pey'j origin story and maybe some more info on the whole
Jade/Shauni/DomZ connection

tumblrlbyqolomkm1qbzf0vo1500gif.gif

Don't let me down again Ubi.

The possibility of Beyond Good and Evil 2 is exciting, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Yeah lol. I was so into that reveal trailer in '08 and hunting for news every single time it's come up before an E3 it's almost surreal seeing Ancel actually really tease it again.

AniHawk

I hope it's not low budget.

ancel wanted to make it with a small team. i hope he got his wish and then made a lot of really great creative decisions so it looks and plays great. the first bge was similarly made out of compromises - albeit the other way around and having more ambition than what hardware at the time allowed.

ehead

So, he is currently working on this and Wild, right? And possibly the next Rayman I guess?

Anyway, what is the relevance of this image to BGE? Besides the little piggy there.

I can 100% get behind a prequel to BG&E. After a 13 year wait it's really the only way they could bring it to current gen and hope to make any money at all.

Anyway It'll be nice to see a Pey'j origin story and maybe some more info on the whole
Jade/Shauni/DomZ connection

tumblrlbyqolomkm1qbzf0vo1500gif.gif

Don't let me down again Ubi.

Opens with her dad and young Pey'j, fades back to her after some set up so they can try to do both. :)

Such a cool design.

Zomba13

Mega hyped for this. I was super LTTP on BG&E, playing the PS3 HD release not too long ago and I loved it. There was some PS2 era jank but it was a great time. I loved the photography and pretty much everything about the game, the characters, the music, the way it looked, the weird alien designs.

I'll take a sequel on whatever platform allows it to exist. If it's a Vita exclusive, whatever. Whatever it takes to have another one.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So, he is currently working on this and Wild, right? And possibly the next Rayman I guess?

Anyway, what is the relevance of this image to BGE? Besides the little piggy there.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a new Rayman anytime soon. Ancel also referenced the solar system where BGE takes place in the text, so it is absolutely clear he is talking about something in the world of BGE.

Next week is Barcelona's Games World (replacing last year's Madrid Games Week)... Game devs and publishers will be there to show incoming games, hype anyone?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
is it hoping for too much this be part of the Beyond good and Evil universe?

It is. He mentioned Sector 4, apparently. It is coming.

Only question is: is the old rumor that this is NX-exclusive true?

MuchoMalo

Banned
I really hope that this is NX-exclusive just so we can see a repeat of the Bayo 2 meltdowns.

It will be NX exclusive cos it's just my luck that it would be

You're already decided that you won't buy an NX before even seeing it? Wow, Nintendo preemptively fucked up.

Mind you, this has given me a good excuse to reinstall the game and replay it. There's a lot of the typical sixth-gen jank that you never see anymore, but it doesn't really detract from the unique atmosphere and style. Plus, it's a fun challenge to juggle trying to take photos of hostile creatures while also trying to fight them off.

Jawmuncher

I remember when we got Mother 3 and Female link, just like Emily said. Even if she says anything about exclusivity in the future. I'll take it with a load of salt.

Regardless wherever BG&E2 ends up, ill play it at some point.

Nibel

Emily can't take a shit without people reading something into it

And yeah, if this is truly happening, I hope it will be multi-platform so that everybody can play it

If Sony nor Microsft wouldn't fund the development, but Nintendo did, it is just fair it being exclusive.

So if it turns out to be Nintendo exclusive, please blame those other publishers. They didn't care about Bayonetta 2 either.

KingBroly

Banned
I remember when we got Mother 3 and Female link, just like Emily said. Even if she says anything about exclusivity in the future. I'll take it with a load of salt.

Regardless wherever BG&E2 ends up, ill play it at some point.

Destructoid first reported this one months ago. Emily just retweeted an instagram post by Ancel.

I always wanted to know the origin story of Jade. I know
her connection to the Domz
, but how all of that came to be, that has always been a mystery (also the ending didn't help also for this).

Kouichi

Damn that "system 4" tease. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I'm definitely interested.

I've never played the original but have always had a passing interest, mostly thanks to all the praise I hear and the excitement a possible sequel gets. It would be really cool if this is another Bayonetta situation where Nintendo funds the game, and a remaster of the original in gets bundled with it. With a bunch of awesome Nintendo costumes, of course!

Top Bottom