• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft expects Xbox Series Life time sales at 56M-59M, 30M before XSX refresh release

Godot25

Banned
Is it?

Price tracker shows it's been in stock for the last month. It normally goes dotted when it's out of stock.

Sorry, I should have specified I was talking about 1TB version of Series S. But now I see that it is back in stock.
Still not bad for console that "nobody wants" :p

On Amazon US there is only one Series X bundle available (with Forza Horizon 5). All other are out of stock. Series S 1TB is also out of stock

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
course diss GIF
So...proof that Starfield boosted sales of consoles is somehow "moving the goalposts?"

Okay mate. I see that you already made up your mind so won't try to convince you :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

slade

I said early on that they would not outsell the Xbone but that was before the Bethesda and Activision buyout.
First Half GIF

jm89

Sorry, I should have specified I was talking about 1TB version of Series S. But now I see that it is back in stock.
Still not bad for console that "nobody wants" :p
Shows it's been in stock constantly as well on the price tracker 🤷‍♂️

Mowcno

More specifically they expect 30m Series X sold by June 30th 2024. I think this is somewhat doable. They should be close anyway. I think it's the prediction after that they are blowing out of proportion.

November 10th 2020 to June 30th 2024 they expect to have sold 30m. (43.5 months)
July 1st 2024 to June 30th 2027 they expect to sell an additional 29m. (36 months)

They expect sales to be better when it's almost 7 years old to it's first 3.5 years on the market? I'm not sure about that one, it's already declining this year.

Unknown?

I personnaly love Playstation and consider it my main source of gaming experiences since the PS2. But I can still admit that Xbox does have some advantages. If they can't sell 30 millions of consoles in 3 years it would make them closer to the Wii U level of fail than ever. I don't think that the brand will be going that low in the next few years. As long as the Series S and X can play all third parties games and be sold cheaper than the PS5 then IMHO they will continue to sell relatively well.
Dude, they're in their prime years and down significantly yoy. Year 3 should be one of the highest. In order to do that, they'd have to sell more in their golden years(which are always declining years).

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Dude, they're in their prime years and down significantly yoy. Year 3 should be one of the highest. In order to do that, they'd have to sell more in their golden years(which are always declining years).
I know. But the discussion began with this :
Those numbers must be based on the Activision deal closing? I don’t see how they would hit those otherwise.
So I responded to it and I still believe that they can do those sales. But after a few posts I have to admit that it will be very hard.

Unknown?

I know. But the discussion began with this :

So I responded to it and I still believe that they can do those sales. But after a few posts I have to admit that it will be very hard.
Even if they get Activision, they won't be able to make their only big game exclusive till next gen so it really won't benefit the series consoles.

StereoVsn

I thought it had sold 25 mill, must have been wrong. I guess its just shy of 25? maybe 22-23?

If it doesn't hit 50, that's terrible.
I thought they were above 25 mil and close to 30 mil. Below 25 sounds kind of low.

The projections are somewhat realistic if they finalize on Activision and kick in game production of other internal studios into gear.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Even if they get Activision, they won't be able to make their only big game exclusive till next gen so it really won't benefit the series consoles.
Yeah, shouldn’t be a problem with the activision catalog..
This is Neogaf gif is needed here 🤣

Honestly at this point I hope that they have a good plan. And the recent leaks show a lot of stuff, but nothing that seems to make them go in the right direction.

Last edited:

twilo99

There is always different opinions but let’s rephrase it to “more likely to hit the goal” if they close activision than if they don’t ..

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
It's really nothing special. They basically expect LTD end of 2027 sales to be 56m to 59m. Sony will pass 60m early next year to put things in context.
And all the estimates of Xbox Series currently being around 25m are absolutely off, they expect 30m at the end of 2024.
Wasn't the 360 something like 90 million? Not a lot of growth since those days.

Top Bottom